I posted this on the US forum but they get buried quickly...my DH and I are looking to spend the month of Feb in southern Florida..we have vacationed extensively on the East coast and the Keys, so know little about the gulf side. I know that the Lauderdale/Daytona area is NOT what we want in selecting a place to stay...those areas are nice for a week's vacation, but we want something a little more layed back for a month...is there any "inside" info we should know before selecting a place to stay? I will say that we have also stayed in Sanibel a couple of times and Marco Island before it became so populated. I need to mention that we have a little yorkie.
Gulf coast of southern Florida info request
View all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Where to go on Christmas?
- 2 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 3 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 4 Technology tips, and travel
- 5 Luggage Tags
- 6 Christmas break vacation destination ideas?
- 7 Your Best Travel Tips
- 8 How is the United Lounge at LAX?
- 9 Which Travel Bag
- 10 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 11 Suggestions for Spain & Portugal
- 12 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 13 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 14 europe In January
- 15 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 16 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 17 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 18 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 19 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 20 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 21 Holiday Travel Plans
- 22 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 23 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 24 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff
- 25 Help with honeymoon destination