I posted this on the US forum but they get buried quickly...my DH and I are looking to spend the month of Feb in southern Florida..we have vacationed extensively on the East coast and the Keys, so know little about the gulf side. I know that the Lauderdale/Daytona area is NOT what we want in selecting a place to stay...those areas are nice for a week's vacation, but we want something a little more layed back for a month...is there any "inside" info we should know before selecting a place to stay? I will say that we have also stayed in Sanibel a couple of times and Marco Island before it became so populated. I need to mention that we have a little yorkie.
Gulf coast of southern Florida info request
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Packing vitamins. Customs?
- 2 The "credit card" of the future is here! (Almost.)
- 3 Best places to start...
- 4 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 5 Where would you go if you were us?
- 6 Winter Sunshine
- 7 Friends Seeking Advice
- 8 French gastronomy
- 9 Website to map your trips?
- 10 What's the best accommodation comparison site?
- 11 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 12 Travel health insurance
- 13 Private Guides - Cost question
- 14 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 15 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 16 Rome and amalfi coast
- 17 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 18 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 19 Where to go on multi-gen trip in Apr 2015 with2 & 6 year olds?
- 20 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 21 Recommendations for Light-Weight, 4-Wheel, 22-in. Roll On.
- 22 Phone service
- 23 want suggestion for honeymoon tour place
- 24 Home security while traveling?
- 25 December travel - where to go?