I posted this on the US forum but they get buried quickly...my DH and I are looking to spend the month of Feb in southern Florida..we have vacationed extensively on the East coast and the Keys, so know little about the gulf side. I know that the Lauderdale/Daytona area is NOT what we want in selecting a place to stay...those areas are nice for a week's vacation, but we want something a little more layed back for a month...is there any "inside" info we should know before selecting a place to stay? I will say that we have also stayed in Sanibel a couple of times and Marco Island before it became so populated. I need to mention that we have a little yorkie.
Gulf coast of southern Florida info request
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 2 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 3 10-14 days BKK, Udon Thani & Beach with kids
- 4 Winter Roadside Emergency Kit
- 5 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 6 Phone service
- 7 Does anyone have the Sparrow bag I read about in Sunday's LA Times?
- 8 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 9 10 Days of travel help!
- 10 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 11 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 12 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 13 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 14 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 15 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 16 French gastronomy
- 17 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 18 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 19 Re-checking bag after a layover.
- 20 Best places to start...
- 21 25th wedding anniv travel
- 22 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 23 Friends Seeking Advice
- 24 December travel - where to go?
- 25 Travel health insurance