I'd like some advice on how to best go about purchasing travel insurance.
I'm going on a 42-day overland trek in Africa and need to have this insurance. My insurance agent suggested I use insuremytrip.com. I did and pulled up many quotes. The tour operator suggested using a company in Colorado (Columbine) and have been sent quotes. My medical insurance from work and my credit card offer some, but limited coverage. I'm feeling overwhelmed!
Could anyone offer advice/tips? I know every situation is unique, but any feedback will help clear the clutter out of my brain! Thank in advance for any help.
First time buying travel insurance
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Scammers on Airbnb site
- 2 VPN? Witopia? If so, which?
- 3 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 4 Going to Costa Rica
- 5 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 6 India food Tours
- 7 Air B&B
- 8 Single supplements
- 9 Has anyone used Autoslash?
- 10 Discounted luggage websites
- 11 Should I book through Luxury Link?
- 12 Could I fit all this into a 3 week road trip?
- 13 Travel eruope early November this year
- 14 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 15 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 16 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 17 Thanksgiving week trip
- 18 Where would you go if you were us?
- 19 Anniversary trip
- 20 Shoes for round the world trip - suitable for hiking and running?
- 21 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 22 A Killer Whale Spectacle in Nice
- 23 Online Visas
- 24 Traveling with a smartphone
- 25 Learning vacations