I'd like some advice on how to best go about purchasing travel insurance.
I'm going on a 42-day overland trek in Africa and need to have this insurance. My insurance agent suggested I use insuremytrip.com. I did and pulled up many quotes. The tour operator suggested using a company in Colorado (Columbine) and have been sent quotes. My medical insurance from work and my credit card offer some, but limited coverage. I'm feeling overwhelmed!
Could anyone offer advice/tips? I know every situation is unique, but any feedback will help clear the clutter out of my brain! Thank in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Ideal Trip!
- 2 [ENGLAND] Which places to visit (london districts + city nearby)
- 3 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 4 Getting my child from Stanford
- 5 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 6 Pa to New England States
- 7 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 8 Do you get your expired passport back?
- 9 Is there a trick to booking a "comfort" seat?
- 10 cape cod
- 11 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 12 Is there a way get a specific model of car to rent?
- 13 Lipault luggage durability
- 14 Credit card protection
- 15 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me
- 16 Husband's 40th Birthday
- 17 Honeymoon in Bali
- 18 Mid September, Canadian Rockies, Portugal, Slovenia, Other?!
- 19 Family trip to the mountains in Fall
- 20 Two weeks exploring from Salzburg
- 21 Summer destination for couples HELP!
- 22 CPAP Distilled Water for Cruise in Hungary
- 23 Around the World - 6 months, more land and less planes
- 24 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 25 photography trip in July Chile-Peru-Bolivia-Chile