I'd like some advice on how to best go about purchasing travel insurance.
I'm going on a 42-day overland trek in Africa and need to have this insurance. My insurance agent suggested I use insuremytrip.com. I did and pulled up many quotes. The tour operator suggested using a company in Colorado (Columbine) and have been sent quotes. My medical insurance from work and my credit card offer some, but limited coverage. I'm feeling overwhelmed!
Could anyone offer advice/tips? I know every situation is unique, but any feedback will help clear the clutter out of my brain! Thank in advance for any help.
First time buying travel insurance
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Packing Help - What to take
- 2 Visa expiration and re entry
- 3 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 4 Jacket with pockets
- 5 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 6 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 7 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 8 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 9 Dual time zone watches
- 10 Rovia booking engine
- 11 Places to travel in June or July
- 12 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 13 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 14 Website for good hotel rates?
- 15 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 16 What color nail polish in France
- 17 Travel Clothing
- 18 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains
- 19 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 20 Where to go - Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba or Cape Verde???
- 21 Looking for travel app (iOS) to map my custom walking tour...
- 22 AVIS' car rental Dirty Tricks
- 23 Getting a Second Passport
- 24 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 25 Suggestions for a trip?