My partner and I are planning to travel to South America this year (leaving from Sydney) and spend two adventurous months there.
The rough plan is Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina (22nd October- 22nd December 2013).
I was wondering if any of you guys have done same or similar trip and would like to pass on any tips and comments, please?
Here are some of my initial hesitations:
1.) Tours vs. DIY? I read mixed reviews about Colombia, Peru and Bolivia.
2.) High cost of flights. Any tips for cheap airlines? Anyone has experience with air passes?
3.) Are two months too ambitious to get to see most out of these destinations? I will post more detailed plan later on.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 The common measurement
- 2 Tour guide/ agency
- 3 Kudos - Brazilian Visa service = FAST
- 4 Making the most of Montevideo
- 5 Southern Bolivia from Northwest Argentina?
- 6 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 7 Ecuador - Tap Water Question
- 8 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 9 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 10 Santiago - where to stay?
- 11 Peru Trip Report-Lima, Paracas, Cusco
- 12 Peru transport questioins
- 13 Places to eat like a local
- 14 No exit stamp for Argentina - problem?
- 15 Chile Trekking options
- 16 Customs/Immigration Buenos Aires
- 17 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 18 visiting Patagonia on cruise ship vs land trip
- 19 Posting Again...any info on Macae, Brazil..100+ miles north of Rio?
- 20 Packing for 2.5 months in Buenos Aires
- 21 Oasis Collection - Apartments in Buenos Aires
- 22 Insect repellent recommendations
- 23 Is Nat Geo Family Odyssey to Galapagos truly kid-friendly
- 24 Galapagos
- 25 Sunday Brunch at Alvear Palace with Avrooster