My partner and I are planning to travel to South America this year (leaving from Sydney) and spend two adventurous months there.
The rough plan is Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina (22nd October- 22nd December 2013).
I was wondering if any of you guys have done same or similar trip and would like to pass on any tips and comments, please?
Here are some of my initial hesitations:
1.) Tours vs. DIY? I read mixed reviews about Colombia, Peru and Bolivia.
2.) High cost of flights. Any tips for cheap airlines? Anyone has experience with air passes?
3.) Are two months too ambitious to get to see most out of these destinations? I will post more detailed plan later on.
South America 2 Months Itinery
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Help with itinerary in Peru, Sacred Valley/Cusco/Titicaca/MP
- 2 Sugar Loaf Trip
- 3 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 4 March 2015 – Adventure Trip Planning – 2 Weeks in Chile/Argentina
- 5 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 6 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 7 Cartagena - help!
- 8 Trip Report: Argentina, Chile, Bolivia & Peru with Tweens
- 9 A few days in Uruguay from Buenos Aires
- 10 Ecuador-tour guides
- 11 Colombia + Peru in 1 month: itinerary doable?
- 12 End in sight for Chile reciprocity fee
- 13 Birding in Mindo
- 14 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 15 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 16 9 days in Rio, Buenos Aires,and Mendoza
- 17 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 18 Rio Advice for 2 Young Women
- 19 2 weeks in Argentina
- 20 Buying a SIM card in Chile for I phone 5
- 21 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 22 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 23 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 24 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 25 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra