My partner and I are planning to travel to South America this year (leaving from Sydney) and spend two adventurous months there.
The rough plan is Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina (22nd October- 22nd December 2013).
I was wondering if any of you guys have done same or similar trip and would like to pass on any tips and comments, please?
Here are some of my initial hesitations:
1.) Tours vs. DIY? I read mixed reviews about Colombia, Peru and Bolivia.
2.) High cost of flights. Any tips for cheap airlines? Anyone has experience with air passes?
3.) Are two months too ambitious to get to see most out of these destinations? I will post more detailed plan later on.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Best Latin American countries!
- 2 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 3 Sao Paulo
- 4 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 5 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 6 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 7 Salud !
- 8 Peru in Late February?
- 9 christmas in buenos aires
- 10 Cartagena
- 11 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 12 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 13 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 14 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 15 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 16 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 17 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 18 Galapagos Island
- 19 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 20 Puno to Lima
- 21 Solmar Tours in Peru
- 22 opinions on itinerary flow
- 23 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 24 If it's Tuesday, this must be...Nicaragua, the Peruvian Amazon, or Colombia
- 25 Leftover Argentine Pesos - where to sell?