we are going to Salta in Augsut and have 4 days for going around in that region.
We are planning on doing the following trip, maybe you guys can give us some input?
D1: Salta – Purmamarca (7coloured Hill) – Tilcara (Inca ruins Pulcara) – Humahuaca – Maimara (La Paleta del Pintor) – Salinas Grandes – San Antonio de los Cobres
D2: San Antonio de los Cobres – Viaducto La Polvorilla – via Road 51 (Puerto Tastil) - Cuesta del Obispo – Parque Nacional Los Cardones – Cachi
D3:Cachi – Valles Calchaquies – Cafayate + Bodega Tour
D4: Cafayate – Ruinas de Quilmes – Cafayate (lunch) – Quebreda de las Conches (Garganta del Diablo + El Anfiteatro + Sierras de Carahuasi) –Salta
It's probably quite tough to do all of it but it should be doable?
Salta and NW Argentina
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 2 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 3 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 4 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 5 Back to South America
- 6 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 7 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 8 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 9 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 10 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 11 JW Marriott Lima
- 12 Trip Report - Very Long
- 13 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 14 Quito recommendations
- 15 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 16 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 17 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 18 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 19 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 20 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 21 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 22 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 23 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 24 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 25 Salta itinerary- 4 nights