we are going to Salta in Augsut and have 4 days for going around in that region.
We are planning on doing the following trip, maybe you guys can give us some input?
D1: Salta – Purmamarca (7coloured Hill) – Tilcara (Inca ruins Pulcara) – Humahuaca – Maimara (La Paleta del Pintor) – Salinas Grandes – San Antonio de los Cobres
D2: San Antonio de los Cobres – Viaducto La Polvorilla – via Road 51 (Puerto Tastil) - Cuesta del Obispo – Parque Nacional Los Cardones – Cachi
D3:Cachi – Valles Calchaquies – Cafayate + Bodega Tour
D4: Cafayate – Ruinas de Quilmes – Cafayate (lunch) – Quebreda de las Conches (Garganta del Diablo + El Anfiteatro + Sierras de Carahuasi) –Salta
It's probably quite tough to do all of it but it should be doable?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cajamarca
- 2 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 3 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 4 Brasilia, So. Pantanal & Bonito
- 5 Buenos Aires hotel for 2 nights
- 6 Too Long, but ain't gonna' change
- 7 Travel to Bolivia
- 8 Argentina - Best of Salta in 4 days
- 9 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 10 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 11 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 12 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 13 Brazil. Reading lists
- 14 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 15 Any suggestions for tour companies for Inca Trail Trek to MP?
- 16 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 17 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 18 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 19 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 20 Choquequirao Questions
- 21 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 22 Amazon and the Inca Trail
- 23 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 24 South America 2 Months Itinery
- 25 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?