My husband and I will be visiting Peru in about 2 weeks. We will be starting at Cuzco, making our way through the Sacred Valley, visiting Machu Picchu and then we are taking the Inka Express to Puno. We pretty much have everything ready - hotels booked, train tickets, bus reserved and a guide for 2 days while we are in the Sacred Valley. However, I have some questions about our time in Puno & Lake Titicaca. We arrive by bus around 4/5 pm. As of now, we are checking in to Hotel Intiqa that night and taking a full-day tour of Lake Titicaca, the Uros and Taquile Island the next day. We will be resting in the same hotel in Puno and flying to Lima the following morning.
We would really love to stay on Taquile Island with a family. Our questions are: Should we sleep on Taquile Island the very same night we arrive to Puno? Are there boats available to take us to Taquile Island after we arrive at 4/5pm to Puno? Is it worth it? Our other option would be sleeping in the hotel our first night and on the island our second night. BUT, our flight to Lima leaves at 11:15 in the morning from Juliaca. Will we have enough time to make it to the airport if we wake up on the island that morning?
It feels a little complicated for us to do this. However, we will probably only visit Puno this one time and we want to make the most out of it. We don't want to have any regrets or feel like we "should have" done something. PLEASE HELP!
Also, is it best to reserve the full-day tour of the islands in advance or when we arrive? Is it best to travel in a tradional boat for the experience, or by speed boat to make the most of the day? Thanks
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 supportÖnline MSN Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681 :7208 on 24*7
- 2 How many days in Medellin area?
- 3 Peru Trip for the Family
- 4 Pisco sours
- 5 60-yr old female going solo to Rio - itinerary
- 6 Huayhuash Trecking 8-16th of july
- 7 Medellin, Colombia - Great Driver
- 8 Looking For Intensive Spanish Immersion Course
- 9 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 10 Machu Picchu changes its entry schedule
- 11 Lodging by Medellin Airport
- 12 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 13 Finding a group to hike with
- 14 Buenos Aires, Patagonia hike, Uraguay beach and Iguazu idea feedback needed
- 15 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 16 Chilean Travel Agent Suggestions Needed
- 17 Galapagus July
- 18 The Atacama Desert
- 19 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 20 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 21 2 day Inca Trek and a fear of exposure/heights
- 22 1 day for Iguazu Falls (I know, but that's all she has)
- 23 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 24 Last min cruise to the Galapagos
- 25 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
Puno, Lake Titicaca & Islands/Sleep on island with family?