We will be visiting Lima, Machu Picchu and Lake Titicaca in August. Has anyone had any experience with altitude sickness at these heights. We have been between 9 and 14 thousand feet(briefly) in Colorado and had no problems so I am optimistic about Peru.
Is altitude sickness a big problem?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cusco/Sacred Valley Guide Recommendation
- 2 How to see Lake Titicaca
- 3 General Peru questions
- 4 Help with plan for peru trip in September
- 5 Mendoza
- 6 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 7 Tipping in Peru
- 8 Peru - Machu Picchu in August - What To Pack?
- 9 Argentinaest place for rental: jan feb march
- 10 Itinierary for a 2 country trip - Peru & Argentina
- 11 My June '14 Peru Trip
- 12 Ecuador - Otavolo and/or Cotopaxi? plus tour operator question
- 13 Santiago & Elqui Valley stargazing
- 14 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 15 No kids, 1st class, active Galapagos
- 16 visa for brazil
- 17 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 18 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 19 Montes Claros to Minas Novas travel suggestions
- 20 Santiago and Puerto Montt in a week
- 21 Air Conditioning in Valparaiso?
- 22 Lakes District: Where to Base for 10 days
- 23 3 Full Days in Iguazu?
- 24 New advance payment of Argentina's reciprocity fee
- 25 How does my 2 week Columbia itinerary sound?