I would like to travel to Rio for Carnival which is a spur of the moment trip. I have never been to Rio before and would like some suggestions/ recomendations on what neighborhood to stay in. I am a single woman traveling there and would like to stay in a hostel if possible. So, I would like something cheap(much less than $100USD a night)- but do not know how possible that is since I am sure the prices will all be jacked up.
I appreciate your input.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 2 Trip Report - Peru - Long
- 3 Pantanal tour prices
- 4 Travel by Bus in Peru
- 5 Travel Agent Recommendation for Patagonia
- 6 Safety in Rio?
- 7 Tours to Machu Picchu
- 8 New to traveling, and I need help.
- 9 Argentina Trip report
- 10 My Lima Layover
- 11 Strike Peru May 27-28 - urgent decision
- 12 Not your usual Lima Layover Trip Report
- 13 Areas to stay in Rio de Janiero and Buenos Aires
- 14 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 15 Planning Trip to Patagonia and Wine Country
- 16 Do you need passes to see machu picch?
- 17 Travel in Brazil or visit Machu Picchu?
- 18 It's Restaurant Week in Lima til 24 May
- 19 Hostels in Rio de Janeiro
- 20 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 21 Itinerary Advice..+/- days advice
- 22 recommended hostels in lima and cuzco
- 23 tours and tips
- 24 Transportation from Santiago airport to Valparaiso or Vina del Mar
- 25 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?