I would like to travel to Rio for Carnival which is a spur of the moment trip. I have never been to Rio before and would like some suggestions/ recomendations on what neighborhood to stay in. I am a single woman traveling there and would like to stay in a hostel if possible. So, I would like something cheap(much less than $100USD a night)- but do not know how possible that is since I am sure the prices will all be jacked up.
I appreciate your input.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 2 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 3 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 4 Pantanal Lodges
- 5 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
- 6 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 7 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 8 Manaus
- 9 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 10 Renting a car in Patagonia
- 11 Avianca business class
- 12 Suenos Aires, Argentina vs Lisbon, Portugal
- 13 No exit stamp from Brazil, no entry stamp in Paraguay, help!!
- 14 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 15 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 16 Can a Europhile Find Happiness in Argentina and Chile?
- 17 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 18 How many days in Medellin area?
- 19 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 20 60-yr old female going solo to Rio - itinerary
- 21 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 22 Peru Trip for the Family
- 23 Pisco sours
- 24 Huayhuash Trecking 8-16th of july
- 25 Medellin, Colombia - Great Driver