I would like to travel to Rio for Carnival which is a spur of the moment trip. I have never been to Rio before and would like some suggestions/ recomendations on what neighborhood to stay in. I am a single woman traveling there and would like to stay in a hostel if possible. So, I would like something cheap(much less than $100USD a night)- but do not know how possible that is since I am sure the prices will all be jacked up.
I appreciate your input.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Order diploma for your future
- 2 Brazil Tourist Safety tip request
- 3 Accessibility to Igassu Falls
- 4 Galapagos with/Natural Habitat Adventures?
- 5 Rio Water Quality
- 6 Machu Picchu in January
- 7 I Didn't Get Killed in Rio: Our Travels in Peru, Brazil, and Ecuador
- 8 Two day stay in Lima
- 9 Best beach town for Jan- Feb trip
- 10 Cities near santiago chile?
- 11 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 12 Leftover Argentine Pesos - where to sell?
- 13 Van from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- 14 June travel in the Galapagos, Andean Ecuador, and Machu Picchu
- 15 Uyuni Salar Tour Company
- 16 Trip Evacuation Insurance for the Galapagos
- 17 Travelers insurance in Patagonia - need it?
- 18 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 19 60 day Trip to South America
- 20 3 week itinerary for Peru
- 21 Ups and downs of our trip to Peru--from Machu Picchu to LIM airport floor
- 22 Buenos Aires
- 23 Buenos Aires with bad knee
- 24 Hotels in Argentina
- 25 Patagonia August 29 - September 7