I would like to travel to Rio for Carnival which is a spur of the moment trip. I have never been to Rio before and would like some suggestions/ recomendations on what neighborhood to stay in. I am a single woman traveling there and would like to stay in a hostel if possible. So, I would like something cheap(much less than $100USD a night)- but do not know how possible that is since I am sure the prices will all be jacked up.
I appreciate your input.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Valpo, Lakes, Chiloe & Patagonia Time allotment?
- 2 Narrowing Down Itinerary
- 3 Flying Solo to South America
- 4 Where to start in May?
- 5 Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail
- 6 Tell me soething about South America travel tips?
- 7 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 8 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 9 Child visa to Brazil. Please share your experience.
- 10 SA first-timers* need Peru advice!
- 11 Cartagens for 3.5 days. Looking for suggestions-islands, food tours, etc..
- 12 Need day trip/guide suggestions from Puerto Ayora, Galapagos
- 13 Peru Final 15-day Itinerary Help Needed
- 14 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 15 Best overland route from Lima to Tucuman, Argentina?
- 16 Peru - Puno & Lakes or Amazon
- 17 Did You Visit the Lakes District and/or Chiloe?
- 18 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 19 Argentina and Bolivia/March and April
- 20 Belated trip report (Quito and Mindo)
- 21 Machu Picchu...Doable?
- 22 Valparaiso to Santiago Airport - How Much Time to Allow?
- 23 Nazcaflights.com - Jon Green - Any good?
- 24 Santiago & Valparaiso - Attire Questions
- 25 A brief encounter with Ecuador