I would like to travel to Rio for Carnival which is a spur of the moment trip. I have never been to Rio before and would like some suggestions/ recomendations on what neighborhood to stay in. I am a single woman traveling there and would like to stay in a hostel if possible. So, I would like something cheap(much less than $100USD a night)- but do not know how possible that is since I am sure the prices will all be jacked up.
I appreciate your input.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Layover in Lima
- 2 South America this October
- 3 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 4 2 Weeks in Armenia, Colombia/July
- 5 Inca Trail Report: 5 day version with Wayki Trek
- 6 San Salvador Layover
- 7 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 8 Colca/Arequipa/Puno - organized tour (bus) or something less crowded?
- 9 Iguazu Falls - 4 star hotel near the airport?
- 10 Wine Tours in Chile and Argentina -
- 11 Chile & Argentina wine trips
- 12 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 13 Huaraz to Trujillo, Chiclayo and Piura
- 14 Santiago & Valparaiso - Help with Planning
- 15 Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?
- 16 2 weeks in Peru/Chile
- 17 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 18 Logistics to reach Angel Falls in Venezuela
- 19 Santiago, Chile
- 20 limited time in Cusco
- 21 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 22 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 23 Visiting Ollantataymbo from Cusco
- 24 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 25 Back "home" in Barranco