I usually post over on the Europe board, but have been reading a lot about Peru here recently; I am planning on going next summer (early July departure). I will undoubtedly be asking lots more questions as I do more research and the date gets closer, but meanwhile, I am trying to figure out what a good airfare from the west coast US (SF or LA) to Lima is. Right now I see a $686. on AA; same flight has been in the $700s recently.
I have traveled extensively in Asia, Europe, and N. America (including Mexico), but this will be my first trip to South America. I have a better feel for when to grab a ticket for those destinations, but no idea about Peru. Any tips would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Steer Clear of "Amazon Rambo"
- 2 International transfer Buenos Aires AEP
- 3 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 4 Peru 18 day itinerary help please!
- 5 Panama, Ecuador and Colombia trip report
- 6 Peru/Amazon/ Machy Picchu Family Vacation
- 7 galapagos island
- 8 Peru's Amazon and the Heat - Iquitos Ceiba Tops Lodge vs. Puerto Maldonado
- 9 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 10 Thinking of OAT trip to Machu Picchu, Galapagos and Amazon Rain Forest
- 11 christmas in buenos aires
- 12 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 13 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 14 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 15 Best Latin American countries!
- 16 Peru in Late February?
- 17 Sao Paulo
- 18 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 19 Salud !
- 20 Cartagena
- 21 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 22 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 23 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 24 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 25 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento