I usually post over on the Europe board, but have been reading a lot about Peru here recently; I am planning on going next summer (early July departure). I will undoubtedly be asking lots more questions as I do more research and the date gets closer, but meanwhile, I am trying to figure out what a good airfare from the west coast US (SF or LA) to Lima is. Right now I see a $686. on AA; same flight has been in the $700s recently.
I have traveled extensively in Asia, Europe, and N. America (including Mexico), but this will be my first trip to South America. I have a better feel for when to grab a ticket for those destinations, but no idea about Peru. Any tips would be appreciated.
Airfare to Peru: how far in advance to buy?
- 1 Buenos Aires and Beyond for a Beginner
- 2 First South American 2 month trip: Help review please !
- 3 Flights on LAN
- 4 Route planning- 28 weeks and counting. 1 year South America
- 5 Need help with Cusco itinerary
- 6 2 weeks in Peru or 1 week in Peru and 1 in Chile
- 7 Eight Days on Horseback in the Avenue of the Volcanoes
- 8 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 9 La Cabrera -- really good or tourist trap?
- 10 More suggested reading
- 11 Family Trip to the Galapagos Islands
- 12 Back to South America
- 13 Peru Trip Report & Reviews (Lima, Sacred Valley, Manu, Cusco)
- 14 Has anyone heard of the tour company "escapes unlimited"?
- 15 which hotel in Cusco-- Second Home or Hotel Andenes al Cielo
- 16 Trip to Peru with my girlfriend (mid 20s)
- 17 Perito Moreno mini walk
- 18 Should we go to Iguazu Falls?
- 19 Crees organisation and foundation and Manu Learning Centre
- 20 2 weeks in Chile/easter island : first timers but not last timers...
- 21 Ritz Carlton Santiago
- 22 3 - 4 weeks in Brazil - help with trip itinerary
- 23 Peru Rail Trains to Machu Pichu
- 24 LAN South America airpass
- 25 Bogota footwear/cameras; Bolivar bugs