I usually post over on the Europe board, but have been reading a lot about Peru here recently; I am planning on going next summer (early July departure). I will undoubtedly be asking lots more questions as I do more research and the date gets closer, but meanwhile, I am trying to figure out what a good airfare from the west coast US (SF or LA) to Lima is. Right now I see a $686. on AA; same flight has been in the $700s recently.
I have traveled extensively in Asia, Europe, and N. America (including Mexico), but this will be my first trip to South America. I have a better feel for when to grab a ticket for those destinations, but no idea about Peru. Any tips would be appreciated.
Airfare to Peru: how far in advance to buy?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 2 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 3 Speak to me of Peru
- 4 Back to South America
- 5 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 6 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 7 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 8 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 9 Fire in Valparaiso
- 10 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 11 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 12 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 13 Ecuador - should we go?
- 14 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 15 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 16 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 17 Driving in Ecuador
- 18 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 19 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 20 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 21 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 22 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 23 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 24 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 25 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra