I usually post over on the Europe board, but have been reading a lot about Peru here recently; I am planning on going next summer (early July departure). I will undoubtedly be asking lots more questions as I do more research and the date gets closer, but meanwhile, I am trying to figure out what a good airfare from the west coast US (SF or LA) to Lima is. Right now I see a $686. on AA; same flight has been in the $700s recently.
I have traveled extensively in Asia, Europe, and N. America (including Mexico), but this will be my first trip to South America. I have a better feel for when to grab a ticket for those destinations, but no idea about Peru. Any tips would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Salta/NW Argentina, no car
- 2 Route of the Seven Lakes drive
- 3 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 4 Safety warning?
- 5 Bariloche rafting trips
- 6 Four Days in Buenos Aires
- 7 Colombia, best adventures for birthday.
- 8 Mom wants to go to cusco/macchu picchu in 5 days - impossible?
- 9 Bariloche and San Martin de los Andes
- 10 Argentina &TDP-8th-18th April.
- 11 El Calafate and El Chalten
- 12 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 13 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 14 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 15 Iguazu falls logistics
- 16 Packing for Chile in November
- 17 Lima stopover
- 18 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 19 Amazon side trip
- 20 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 21 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 22 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 23 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 24 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 25 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March