I usually post over on the Europe board, but have been reading a lot about Peru here recently; I am planning on going next summer (early July departure). I will undoubtedly be asking lots more questions as I do more research and the date gets closer, but meanwhile, I am trying to figure out what a good airfare from the west coast US (SF or LA) to Lima is. Right now I see a $686. on AA; same flight has been in the $700s recently.
I have traveled extensively in Asia, Europe, and N. America (including Mexico), but this will be my first trip to South America. I have a better feel for when to grab a ticket for those destinations, but no idea about Peru. Any tips would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementscart.com/bellatone/
- 2 2 day Inca Trek and a fear of exposure/heights
- 3 Tourist travel with a Business Visa?
- 4 South American city for 2 female travelers to visit mid June?
- 5 Pereu Floodingf
- 6 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 7 Lunahuana
- 8 Machu Picchu train - luggage limits?
- 9 Cruz del Sur bus - Lima to Paracas
- 10 One week in Cartagena?
- 11 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 12 Lima-Cusco-Ollantaytambo-Machu Picchu first timers
- 13 Hiking Tour Companies - Machu Picchu & Chile
- 14 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 15 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 16 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 17 Exploring the cities of Ecuador's Andes
- 18 Choquequirao Questions
- 19 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 20 MARCHU PICCHU
- 21 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 22 What type of currency for Bolivia
- 23 Cordoba horseback riding day trip
- 24 Thoughts on our itinerary?
- 25 Agency to purchase tickets to US