KLM online booking error message

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2024, 07:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't typically fly on KLM. However, I found a very, very good price on a flight via google flights. This evening, when I try to book this international flight via google flights, I am routed to KLM where I started booking my flight online. After I finished typing in all passenger names and selected the seats and pressed continue, I received an error message that said, "We're sorry, something went wrong here. Sorry, because of a technical issue on our end, its not possible to complete your booking online. You can complete your booking by phone. Please provide your booking code when you call." On the computer screen I am given a 6 digit code. When I called the phone number listed on the screen, a person with a strong accent answered the phone, and I had a terrible time understanding him. He asked for my code, and had me verify my name, email address, and phone number. He emailed me my flight info that I was trying to book, and then emailed me a second link to pay for my flight.

I'm concerned to pay this way, as this seems very strange. I've booked flights online through google flights many times, but never has this happened before. Is this any kind of scam?? Would you trust this??
Old Apr 27th, 2024, 09:41 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Most airlines have multiple call centers so the accent shouldn't concern you IMO. Did you use a phone number from KLM's main website or a phone number from the error message. I'd just call regular reservations and they should be able to sort it out -- and the agent should be able to waive any phone booking fees.
Old Apr 29th, 2024, 05:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Instead of using google flights, did you go onto the KLM website to see if you could get the same price? I book klm (or Air France) directly, and search for good deals. On occasion, even with booking directly with the website, I get an error message. Had that happen with Air New Zealand, and they walked me through the process, which included clearing out temporary cookies on my computer. Because sometimes, when you call (mostly with U.S. airlines, though), they charge for the phone call booking process, although you can usually get them to waive the fee if there's an issue such as this.

One more thing: from whatever website you're working on, always check the little circle to the left of the website you're on (at the top of the computer) and make sure it has the two little keys in the circle. It used to be a picture of a lock, but the lock was changed to keys a year or so ago.
Old May 1st, 2024, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would not trust that. I would do what Surfergirl suggested and go to the KLM website. Book there or call a number shown there.

You mentioned 6 "digits", but I would try to use that as a confirmation code on the KLM website for reservation status, in the Manage My Booking link or whatever they call it.