Anyone interested in a group tour from Civitavecchia 3/10/24

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12th, 2024, 02:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We’re on Azamara Quest in Civitavecchia port on 3rd October. Looking for anyone interested in doing a tour with Discovery Guided Tours visiting Vatican, Colosseum, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
For 4 people it will cost $175 euro each or 8 people $112 euro each
Happy to share with any boats docked that day.
Old Apr 14th, 2024, 07:32 AM
P_M

Hello and welcome to Fodors.

I would like to make a couple of suggestions to help you find what you need.

First, have you posted this question on Cruise Critic? You're more likely to get replies there than here.

Secondly, when I read your title, I thought at first you meant March 10th. That's because when Americans use dates numerically, we do month/day. But if you say 3 October, we will all know what you mean. So if you do post elsewhere, please spell out October to catch the American audience. 😀

Have a great trip.
Old Apr 15th, 2024, 06:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks P_M. We have posted on Cruise Critic however not much activity on our Roll Call. And thanks for the date tip - not used to that one in Australia. Will change the title as suggested.
Old Apr 16th, 2024, 09:58 AM

I have found the Azamara roll calls on Cruise Critic to not have a lot of activity until closer to the cruise departure. When you announce the independent tour on the roll call, I find it helpful to list the company you are booking with, everything it includes, the timing and the costs. When I booked independent/private tours for my last Azamara cruise, I did not get responses until about three months before the cruise departure.
Old Apr 16th, 2024, 10:13 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Right, I read it as March 10!
Old Apr 21st, 2024, 05:56 AM

Before you commit, check out Tours by Locals, a Canadian company who is only paid upon completion of your tour. Have used them in Italy, Greece and Croatia. You pick your guide, and several are smaller -- 2 people, 4 people, etc. They came strongly recommended to us by fellow American travellers/friends. For a small percentage more, you get 24-hour cancellation, which in our case came in handy when we cancelled a day trip to Delphi, our friend was not feeling up to it. And you learn about who your guide will be ahead of time through their website, which feature we liked, you then email them directly. Just an idea.....