Fab Train Trip-Munich to Salzburg

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2024, 03:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A recent travel story said that Munich to Salzburg was one of about 5 most fabulous train trips. I am planning a trip Zurich to Salzburg but what side of the train should I sit on to get the most of the train side from Munich to Salzburg? Thanks.
Old Jan 23rd, 2024, 05:11 PM
mjs

I’ve done that trip twice. Last about 10 years ago and I do not recall it being fabulous.
Old Jan 24th, 2024, 02:25 AM

A train ride from Zurich to Salzburg, either via Insbruck or via Munich, is nothing to write home about.
If you travel via Munich, you may see Lake Constance during ab out 10 minutes of you sit on the LEFT side.
If you travel via Innsbruck, the view is slightly better on eh LEFT side in Switzerland and on the RIGHT side in Austria. But you can remain on your seat, as the train changes direction at the border station of Buchs SG..

For really scenic itineraries you have to spend more than 1 day and to travel through the Alps, like
Zurich - Chur - Samedan - Zernez - Mals - Meran - Bolzano/Bozen - Toblach - Innichen - Lienz in Osttirol - Mittersill - Zell am See - Salzburg
Zürich - Kempten (Allgaeu) - Ulrichsbrucke-Fuessen - Ehrwald - Garmisch - Seefeld - Innsbruck - Salzburg
Old Jan 24th, 2024, 05:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. I'm sorry I didn't keep the article but just wrote down the supposed fab trips.
Old Jan 24th, 2024, 06:00 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
I've taken the train from Munich to Salzburg many times - most recently a month ago - I certainly wouldn't call it fabulous.

Plenty of fabulous train rides out there though. I've been know to plan my trips around a few of them.