Search

Walking in San Diego

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2024, 01:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walking in San Diego

Hello

We will be travelling from Australia and catching the Pacific Surfliner to San Diego (Santa Fe Depot). We need to get to Sherman Heights (J & 20th) and wondering if it is OK to walk there from Park & Market station? It would be about 3.30pm in mid March.

Thank you.
Old Jan 12th, 2024, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought that the Surfliner doesn't go past the Santa Fe Depot station in San Diego??

We will be returning from a trip to New Zealand at the end of March and will be catching the Surfliner down to San Diego as well, staying at our timeshare condo for a week before traveling on home to Florida. We are planning on catching Uber from the Santa Fe station.
Old Jan 12th, 2024, 10:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm guessing they're taking the Blue Line trolley from the downtown Amtrak station to the Park & Market trolley stop and walking from there...

I wouldn't assume the train will arrive on time, and walking a half mile with luggage wouldn't appeal to me. I'd consider Uber/Lyft from the train station
Old Jan 12th, 2024, 11:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It would be safe, but quite a long walk, especially if you have luggage. I would get an Uber/Lyft from the Santa Fe Depot and leave the walking to times you don't have luggage to drag around.