Restaurant suggestions in Cork, IRELAND

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2024, 02:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be staying at Castlemarty in Cork, for a week in May 2024. Any thoughts on restaurants and reservations while in/near Cork.
Old Jan 10th, 2024, 02:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cork has a wide variety of restaurants, including several with Michelin stars and prices to match. What sort of cuisine are you looking for and what sort of price range?
Old Jan 17th, 2024, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

Seafood and local cuisine. As long as it’s really good…….price is not issue. I will say that my husband is not a big fan of elegant restaurants due to their small portions
Old Jan 18th, 2024, 02:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Goldie or Quinlans for seafood, Liberty Grill or Gallaghers for local offerings. We've eaten in all of those and were very happy with the food in all of them.
Old Jan 24th, 2024, 06:57 AM

I second the recommendation for Quinlin's. We ate there twice during our stay because we only eat seafood, and theirs seemed really fresh. We both liked our orders. The friendly cooks in the back (we ate a little counter there the first time) gave us a taste of their smoked salmon, which we hadn't ordered, and it was amazing.

We found out after we got home that it's a chain, but then again, that did make sense. They can get the quality of seafood they want with monetary pull.
Old Jan 26th, 2024, 07:10 PM

Hiya I am from Cork and I have a blog post with all my favourite restaurants on my blog "Sinead's Travels" but I cannot post links here yet so I am going to paste the blog text FYI:
  • Farmgate Café: Located in the historic English Market, Farmgate Café is celebrated for its commitment to fresh, locally sourced ingredients and traditional Irish cuisine.
  • Elbow Lane: Craft beer enthusiasts will find solace in Elbow Lane, where exceptional on-site brewed beers accompany a menu featuring delectable wood-grilled dishes.
  • Izz Café: Dive into Middle Eastern culinary delights at Izz Café, where the menu showcases the best of Palestinian cuisine.
  • Market Lane: Situated in the heart of Cork, Market Lane is acclaimed for its dedication to local produce, offering a diverse menu in a vibrant, stylish setting.
  • Thali Nepal: Experience the rich flavours of Nepal at Thali Nepal, offering an authentic taste of Nepalese and Asian cuisine in the heart of Cork.
  • Jacques Restaurant: Nestled in Cork's cultural district, Jacques Restaurant provides a fine dining experience with a focus on French and modern Irish cuisine.
  • The Spitjack: Known for its rotisserie cooking, The Spitjack serves up succulent meats and a variety of tasty dishes in a cosy, rustic atmosphere.
  • The Cornstore: A Cork dining stalwart, The Cornstore is renowned for its steaks, seafood, and vibrant atmosphere.
  • Cask: A cocktail and small plates haven, Cask is perfect for those seeking a lively atmosphere and inventive, shareable dishes.
  • Son of a Bun: Burger enthusiasts rejoice at Son of a Bun, where gourmet burgers take centre stage in a laid-back, trendy setting.
  • Miyazaki: Japanese cuisine takes centre stage at Miyazaki, offering an authentic experience with a menu that highlights the artistry of sushi and other traditional delights.
  • Liberty Grill: A bustling spot in the heart of Cork, Liberty Grill is renowned for its hearty breakfasts, gourmet burgers, and welcoming ambience.
  • Crawford & Co.: A trendy eatery, Crawford & Co. offers a menu inspired by international cuisines, providing a sophisticated dining experience.
  • The White Rabbit: With a whimsical ambience, The White Rabbit invites diners to savour a diverse menu that spans from tapas-style dishes to hearty mains.
  • Café Mexicana: Transport your taste buds to Mexico with Café Mexicana's vibrant dishes and bold flavours, making it a haven for lovers of Mexican cuisine.
  • Nosta: For lovers of Mediterranean street food, Nosta offers a menu filled with delectable kebabs, falafels, and flavourful wraps in a casual setting.
  • The Castle Café: Located within the grounds of Blackrock Castle, The Castle Café offers scenic views alongside a menu of contemporary Irish cuisine with a twist.
  • Sultan: Immerse yourself in Moroccan & Lebanese flavours at Sultan, offering a menu filled with traditional dishes and warm hospitality.
  • Bunsen: A burger haven, Bunsen is dedicated to perfecting the classic burger, providing a simple yet delectable menu for burger aficionados.
  • The Metropole Hotel: The MET: Part of The Metropole Hotel, The MET offers a chic dining experience with a diverse menu featuring both traditional and modern dishes.
  • The Glass Curtain: A hidden gem, The Glass Curtain combines a chic atmosphere with a fusion menu influenced by global flavours, providing a unique dining experience.
  • Quinlan's Seafood: Indulge in the freshest seafood at Quinlan's Seafood, known for sourcing the best catches and creating unforgettable seafood dishes.