A week in GNP / Montana - lodging help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2022, 10:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there! We are taking our first trip to GNP with our adult daughter August 6-13. Flying into Missoula (she is driving from Oregon and meeting us there). Daughter and husband love adventure so we are staying 3 nights at "Wander Camp" (glamping?!), in line with the 3 days we have the reservation to go into the park.

The last 3 nights I'd love to stay somewhere more luxurious (shouldn't be hard, right?!), ideally on a Lake. Whitefish or Flathead or ? Any recommendations would be so appreciated. We love scenic views (water, mountains) and also want to experience at this point fun in towns... music, good food, etc.

Also wondered if anyone has taken the time to go to Bowman Lake (in GNP?) and how far out of the way it is. A friend told me it was the most beautiful lake she has ever seen, but I'm not seeing much information about it in the research that I'm doing. Thanks so much!

Last edited by LoveToTravel2008; Apr 25th, 2022 at 10:15 AM.
Old Apr 25th, 2022, 12:27 PM

We stayed at Baypoint on the Lake. Just a short drive from Whitefish. Not exactly glamorous but they were fine. Nice views from our condo, beautiful sunsets, walk down some stairs to the lake. I would stay there again.
we also kayaked at Whitefish lake. That was fun.
Old Apr 26th, 2022, 08:00 AM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
DW and I arrived in Whitefish in the morning on the Amtrak Empire Builder and a nice driver from the Meadow Lake Resort picked us up. We had a nice condo with a hot tub. Enterprise delivered a car from the Kalispell airport. Enterprise let us leave the car at the Whitefish Amtrak station when we went onward by train.
Your daughter could save some driving if she parked in Spokane and took the Amtrak Empire Builder overnight to Whitefish.
Old Apr 26th, 2022, 02:40 PM

Whitefish Lake Lodge is nice and is right on Whitefish Lake. They have a sister property, The Firebrand, which is in downtown Whitefish. I prefer the Firebrand because it's easy to walk everywhere.

The Flathead Lake Lodge near Bigfork in on Flathead Lake, and I believe it is an all-inclusive.

I would much rather stay in Whitefish or Bigfork than Columbia Falls. We usually stay at the Firebrand but have stayed at the Whitefish Lake Lodge several times, as well.