Search

Iguazu Falls

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2019, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iguazu Falls

Hi, I will be visiting Iguazu Falls - both Argentinean and Brazilian sides for 2 days in November. And I will travel from Rio SDU airport.
Could I know which side would you recommend to go first? I will need to travel to Brasilia after Iguazu Falls.
How's the weather like in November? Any advice are very much appreciated!
Old Sep 11th, 2019, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi and welcome to the South America forum.

Which side of the falls you visit visit first really depends upon your arrival and departure times and which airports you are flying into. The Argentine side can take up to a full day especially if you want include a boat ride.the Brazilian side takes half a day. On our last visit we were flying in and out of the Argentine side we arrived an early evening flight and went to the Argentine side early the next day. On the following day we visited the Brazilian falls and got an early evening flight out to BA.

The border crossing can take no time at all or there can be long queues especially if you are a nationality that needs a visa.

Another factor is on which side of the falls you are staying (or one night on each) .

Lots of ways you could do this but it is difficult to recommend one without having all the info.

The first time we visited we travelled between the two sides by bus which was easy as we didn’t require visas and they didn’t bother with immigration checks at the border anyway. The last time was in 2016 when the border was a lot busier. Then we hired a car and driver who took us from hotel to the falls and back again each day and back to the airport. We took a couple of. Friends with us on that trip so it was quite cost effective.

Some photos and details from our visits there on our blog @ https://accidentalnomads.com/categor...ica/argentina/

The first time we visited was in November, the second in September. Both times, the weather was excellent ( but hot!).

A little bit more info re your travel arrangements and I and others may be able to make more specific suggestions. You will love it there. It is one of the most spectacular sights on the continent.