I'm in the very very initial planning stages of a trip in late April, and am wondering how feasible something like this would be.
Saturday: NYC > Liberia, CR > San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
The flight lands in Liberia around noon, then we'd head across the border via bus or boat and rent a car once over in Nicaragua.
We'd then stay in San Juan del Sur or a condo on a nearby beach for 6 days and explore the area (and sled down the volcano!).
Thursday: Leave Nicaragua and head back to Liberia where travel companions depart. Instead of leaving this day, I'd head to Arenal for Thurs and Fri to see (clouds permitting!) the volcano there.
Saturday: Arenal > Liberia > NYC (1 pm flight from Liberia)
I have never been to CR or Nicaragua, so I figure instead of leaving on Thursday when everyone else does, I'll take advantage of my extended time off and see one of Costa Rica's top sights. But I'm new to the transportation/how easy or tough it is to get from place to place, and I'm traveling on a very tight budget (think backpacker), so don't want to overdo it if it's too complex to hop around.
Thanks for any tips you have!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Riviera Maya driving safety
- 2 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 3 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 4 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 5 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 6 Non tourist beach in December
- 7 unsafe?
- 8 Driving in Mexico
- 9 Sending things back home.
- 10 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 11 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?
- 12 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 13 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 14 Costa Rica 3 weeks with 2 kids
- 15 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 16 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 17 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 18 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2016
- 19 White hair in Valladolid....
- 20 cenotes/yucatan peninsula
- 21 unsafer?
- 22 Gamboa Rainforest Resort alternative
- 23 Budget Belize
- 24 Suggestions for a quick trip to Belize
- 25 Costa Rica for business