I'm in the very very initial planning stages of a trip in late April, and am wondering how feasible something like this would be.
Saturday: NYC > Liberia, CR > San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
The flight lands in Liberia around noon, then we'd head across the border via bus or boat and rent a car once over in Nicaragua.
We'd then stay in San Juan del Sur or a condo on a nearby beach for 6 days and explore the area (and sled down the volcano!).
Thursday: Leave Nicaragua and head back to Liberia where travel companions depart. Instead of leaving this day, I'd head to Arenal for Thurs and Fri to see (clouds permitting!) the volcano there.
Saturday: Arenal > Liberia > NYC (1 pm flight from Liberia)
I have never been to CR or Nicaragua, so I figure instead of leaving on Thursday when everyone else does, I'll take advantage of my extended time off and see one of Costa Rica's top sights. But I'm new to the transportation/how easy or tough it is to get from place to place, and I'm traveling on a very tight budget (think backpacker), so don't want to overdo it if it's too complex to hop around.
Thanks for any tips you have!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 2 Costa Rica in Christmas 2016
- 3 Layover in San Salvador
- 4 day trips from Mexico City
- 5 Destination for 3 kids under 5 - Cancun?
- 6 Amazing..
- 7 help from a Panamanian
- 8 Dynamic Airways = LAX to Cancun
- 9 Hotel Recommendation for Riviera Maya please help!
- 10 Cancun Beach Snorkeling 6/2016
- 11 Playa del carmen - airbnb
- 12 Looking for Good Remote Study Location
- 13 advice for costa rica about tennagers .
- 14 Pearl Keys
- 15 Transportation from the Royal Playa Del Carmen to Iberostar Grand Pariso
- 16 Mexico destination for family vacation - not $$$$$
- 17 Stop at La Paz in route to La Fortuna?
- 18 Niaragua Adventures: Beware of the Small Print
- 19 Grand sunset princess (playa del carmen)
- 20 Picky traveler looking for a hidden gem
- 21 Honeymoon in mid-September?
- 22 Hotel Recommendations for Costa Rica
- 23 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 24 Food cost for Caye Caulker, Belize or the islands?
- 25 Do NOT use ALAMO