I'm in the very very initial planning stages of a trip in late April, and am wondering how feasible something like this would be.
Saturday: NYC > Liberia, CR > San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
The flight lands in Liberia around noon, then we'd head across the border via bus or boat and rent a car once over in Nicaragua.
We'd then stay in San Juan del Sur or a condo on a nearby beach for 6 days and explore the area (and sled down the volcano!).
Thursday: Leave Nicaragua and head back to Liberia where travel companions depart. Instead of leaving this day, I'd head to Arenal for Thurs and Fri to see (clouds permitting!) the volcano there.
Saturday: Arenal > Liberia > NYC (1 pm flight from Liberia)
I have never been to CR or Nicaragua, so I figure instead of leaving on Thursday when everyone else does, I'll take advantage of my extended time off and see one of Costa Rica's top sights. But I'm new to the transportation/how easy or tough it is to get from place to place, and I'm traveling on a very tight budget (think backpacker), so don't want to overdo it if it's too complex to hop around.
Thanks for any tips you have!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://newhealthsupplement.com/muscle-boost-x/
- 2 Ruta Puuc, Yucatan
- 3 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 4 Safety situation in Oaxaca City?
- 5 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 6 Antigua, GT Apartment
- 7 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 8 Taking bus to Montevede,Costa Rica
- 9 Cancun tour guides/naturalisits
- 10 Western Caribbean Cruise Question
- 11 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 12 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 13 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 14 driving down through mexico
- 15 Things to do in Cabo
- 16 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 17 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 18 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 19 Planning a trip to Panama
- 20 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 21 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 22 Driving in Mexico
- 23 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 24 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 25 unsafe?