I am seeking help with a 7 day itinerary for our first trip to Costa Rica!
We plan to arrive into San Jose in the AM then travel to our first destination. We currently plan to stay inland to explore waterfalls, forest, etc. then travel to the beach for some swim, sun, and relaxation time prior to leaving. The first question is where to stay in La Fortuna or Arenal area? We need accommodations that are clean and comfortable, luxury not required but always nice. We will probably not rent a car and will need to secure a reliable transportation company for 5 adults. Another question is which beach to visit? We are looking for a clean beach where the tide is not too rough.
A list of requested experiences includes:
Chocolate or Vanilla spice tour
We are open to suggestions as nothing is set in stone except for the dates; June 3-10, 2014.
I appreciate all your help since many of you have written about great experiences!
Itinerary help for 7 days in Costa Rica
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 2 Costa Rica Vacation
- 3 mayan ruins family trip
- 4 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 5 travel blog Costa Rica, Aruba and more
- 6 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 7 Stay for a night in cancun before 14 days at beach house near tulum?
- 8 Airfares between Kansas City and Costa Rica
- 9 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 10 How safe is driving a car through Mexico
- 11 Playa del Carmen
- 12 Cancun - may or JUne 2015
- 13 Help us find the perfect AI Resort
- 14 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 15 Awesome Tour Guide in San Salvador!
- 16 Mexico
- 17 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 18 Trip ideas needed please
- 19 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 20 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 21 Monterrey, Mexico Safety
- 22 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 23 Work Exchanges in Costa Rica? Please help!
- 24 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 25 Cozumel Diving & Possible Terrible Weather: To change dates or not?