I am seeking help with a 7 day itinerary for our first trip to Costa Rica!
We plan to arrive into San Jose in the AM then travel to our first destination. We currently plan to stay inland to explore waterfalls, forest, etc. then travel to the beach for some swim, sun, and relaxation time prior to leaving. The first question is where to stay in La Fortuna or Arenal area? We need accommodations that are clean and comfortable, luxury not required but always nice. We will probably not rent a car and will need to secure a reliable transportation company for 5 adults. Another question is which beach to visit? We are looking for a clean beach where the tide is not too rough.
A list of requested experiences includes:
Chocolate or Vanilla spice tour
We are open to suggestions as nothing is set in stone except for the dates; June 3-10, 2014.
I appreciate all your help since many of you have written about great experiences!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 2 17 & 18 year olds Spring Break?
- 3 Is it REALLY worth Including San Cristobal in my Yucatan Itinerary
- 4 Looking for tips (hotels/border crossing/pets) driving Denver to Costa Rica
- 5 Renting Car in Mexico
- 6 Car Rental in Cancun
- 7 Is it safe to travel to Cabo San Lucas
- 8 Costa Rica
- 9 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 10 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 11 reliable car rental company??
- 12 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 13 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 14 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 15 Planning a trip to Panama
- 16 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 17 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 18 Driving from Mexico to Belize and Guatemala
- 19 best air route san diego to san jose
- 20 Cabo San Lucas furniture stores
- 21 Costa Rica - San Jose to Arenal Drive
- 22 driving from Tabacon to La Fortuna?
- 23 Trip Report: Guatemala in 6 days
- 24 One day in Cozumel - Chichen Itza?
- 25 How long from Cozumel to Ek Balam