I am seeking help with a 7 day itinerary for our first trip to Costa Rica!
We plan to arrive into San Jose in the AM then travel to our first destination. We currently plan to stay inland to explore waterfalls, forest, etc. then travel to the beach for some swim, sun, and relaxation time prior to leaving. The first question is where to stay in La Fortuna or Arenal area? We need accommodations that are clean and comfortable, luxury not required but always nice. We will probably not rent a car and will need to secure a reliable transportation company for 5 adults. Another question is which beach to visit? We are looking for a clean beach where the tide is not too rough.
A list of requested experiences includes:
Chocolate or Vanilla spice tour
We are open to suggestions as nothing is set in stone except for the dates; June 3-10, 2014.
I appreciate all your help since many of you have written about great experiences!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 2 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 3 Mexico in March - questions
- 4 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 5 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 6 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 7 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 8 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 9 travel in Yucatan
- 10 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 11 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 12 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 13 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)
- 14 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 15 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 16 What is the best place to visit in Costa Rica for 18 year olds?
- 17 Insect Repellent, Sunscreen in Belize?
- 18 Muyil Ruins and Sian Ka'an Biosphere, Meixco
- 19 Brunch / Lunch for 8 with fix price?
- 20 Another Yucatan trip report
- 21 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 22 Cabo San Lucas weather in November
- 23 Chichen Itza - Yucatan, Mexico
- 24 Hotels on Playa Los Muertos in PV
- 25 Excursions in Playa del Carmen