I am seeking help with a 7 day itinerary for our first trip to Costa Rica!
We plan to arrive into San Jose in the AM then travel to our first destination. We currently plan to stay inland to explore waterfalls, forest, etc. then travel to the beach for some swim, sun, and relaxation time prior to leaving. The first question is where to stay in La Fortuna or Arenal area? We need accommodations that are clean and comfortable, luxury not required but always nice. We will probably not rent a car and will need to secure a reliable transportation company for 5 adults. Another question is which beach to visit? We are looking for a clean beach where the tide is not too rough.
A list of requested experiences includes:
Chocolate or Vanilla spice tour
We are open to suggestions as nothing is set in stone except for the dates; June 3-10, 2014.
I appreciate all your help since many of you have written about great experiences!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 2 Hotel options in Manuel Antonio
- 3 Costa Rica accomodation suggestions for Christmas week
- 4 When to go & what to bring to Costa Rica
- 5 Report on Morelia & Patzcuaro, I am so in Love
- 6 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 7 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 8 Stay in Cancun or head to Europe?
- 9 DF + Where Else? 10-11 days
- 10 Help plan my 6 days in Costa Rica
- 11 Mirado El Torre Resturant San Isidro De El General CR, BEWARE!
- 12 Guanacaste & Puntarenas
- 13 Finally made it!
- 14 First Vacation!
- 15 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 16 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 17 Beware of timeshare Casa Dorada
- 18 Itinerary help
- 19 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 20 Cell Phone Internet While in Mexico?
- 21 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 22 Belize -- Lamanai and X'Tan Ha
- 23 Belize-first timer ?s for Cayes & Cayo w/ Guatemala
- 24 Activities in Costa Rica
- 25 all about volcano boarding in Nicaragua