I am seeking help with a 7 day itinerary for our first trip to Costa Rica!
We plan to arrive into San Jose in the AM then travel to our first destination. We currently plan to stay inland to explore waterfalls, forest, etc. then travel to the beach for some swim, sun, and relaxation time prior to leaving. The first question is where to stay in La Fortuna or Arenal area? We need accommodations that are clean and comfortable, luxury not required but always nice. We will probably not rent a car and will need to secure a reliable transportation company for 5 adults. Another question is which beach to visit? We are looking for a clean beach where the tide is not too rough.
A list of requested experiences includes:
Chocolate or Vanilla spice tour
We are open to suggestions as nothing is set in stone except for the dates; June 3-10, 2014.
I appreciate all your help since many of you have written about great experiences!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 2 How much should I worry about Zika!?
- 3 Travel Logistics / Safety
- 4 Playa del Carmen hotels
- 5 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 6 Mérida, Yucatán and Cancún, Quintana Roo
- 7 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 8 Uvita or Puerto Viejo
- 9 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 10 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 11 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 12 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 13 Music Video
- 14 July Adventure
- 15 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 16 Guatemala trip in August?
- 17 Colonial Mexico for 1 Week - Help?
- 18 Driving Central America
- 19 Nicaragua -- connection
- 20 Driving in Mexico
- 21 june trip-help with itinerary
- 22 3 weeks on the west coast
- 23 Mexico destination for family vacation - not $$$$$
- 24 MEXICAN CAR RENTAL - YUCATAN
- 25 help from a Panamanian