Hello, I got some great ideas for a wonderful trip that my husband and I took to the great southwest USA in September, so I thought I'd come to the well once again. We are flying into SJO on Jan. 15 and flying out on the 25th. I can't make up my mind on where to go or exactly how to get there ie should we hire a driver take buses or what. I think I want to visit Arenal and perhaps the surrounding areas for maybe 3 days and then maybe Dominical and the Osa Penninsula, then back to SJO to fly home. That sounds really vague, but I'm feeling a little out of my element here. When we were out west (Arizona and Utah), we did alot of driving and were busy the entire trip visiting 6 national parks in 10 days. For this trip, I'd like to relax more. Any ideas? Is it better to rent a 4WD ourselves? We are ages 57 and 62, but fairly active for our ages. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We would be open to a zipline tour and we'd love to see lots of wildlife and beautiful beaches. Thanks in advance!
First trip to Costa Rica: 10 days in January
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Do we need special insurance or driver's license for rental car in Mexico
- 2 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 3 Food poisoning?
- 4 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 5 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 6 Maya Riviera to Belize or Costa Rica or Panama?
- 7 Costa Rica with a 8 year old boy?
- 8 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 9 Cruise with a 10 month old to Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico,and key west.
- 10 Flores to Chetumal by road without crossing through Belize
- 11 Central America travel over New Year's
- 12 Mexico City
- 13 Costa Rica after 15 years update me on driving
- 14 Lodging in Costa Rica in January
- 15 Thoughts on Cayo District tours/accommodation options
- 16 Place to have a wedding in May near Cancun
- 17 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 18 Costa Rica help
- 19 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 20 1 week in Panama - how does this sound?
- 21 7-8 Days in Panama. Suggested Itinerary?
- 22 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 23 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price
- 24 Belize in June?
- 25 BEWARE: Alamo Car Rental in San Jose STAY AWAY