Hello, I got some great ideas for a wonderful trip that my husband and I took to the great southwest USA in September, so I thought I'd come to the well once again. We are flying into SJO on Jan. 15 and flying out on the 25th. I can't make up my mind on where to go or exactly how to get there ie should we hire a driver take buses or what. I think I want to visit Arenal and perhaps the surrounding areas for maybe 3 days and then maybe Dominical and the Osa Penninsula, then back to SJO to fly home. That sounds really vague, but I'm feeling a little out of my element here. When we were out west (Arizona and Utah), we did alot of driving and were busy the entire trip visiting 6 national parks in 10 days. For this trip, I'd like to relax more. Any ideas? Is it better to rent a 4WD ourselves? We are ages 57 and 62, but fairly active for our ages. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We would be open to a zipline tour and we'd love to see lots of wildlife and beautiful beaches. Thanks in advance!
First trip to Costa Rica: 10 days in January
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Osa Hotel Questions
- 2 Cabo San Lucas
- 3 Bus options between San Jose and Bocas del Torro
- 4 Costa Rica for 9 days in Dec
- 5 Recommendation for December trip - from Guadalajara
- 6 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 7 Ccost of a transfer from Panama PTY airport to Riu Playa Blanca Hotel?
- 8 Bringing clothes and fabric to Puerto vallarta
- 9 Trip ideas needed please
- 10 Mexico City, DF Restaurant
- 11 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 12 tours to gatun locks panama
- 13 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 14 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 15 Hopefulist in Guatemala (again) 2014
- 16 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 17 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 18 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 19 Mex City Restaurant
- 20 Guidebook for Oaxaca
- 21 costa rica in two weeks
- 22 Airport policy for departures in Costa Rica
- 23 Cancun Hotel
- 24 Any recommendations for activities or adventures for kids in Riviera Maya
- 25 When to go to the Yucatán or to Puerta Vallarta