Hello, I got some great ideas for a wonderful trip that my husband and I took to the great southwest USA in September, so I thought I'd come to the well once again. We are flying into SJO on Jan. 15 and flying out on the 25th. I can't make up my mind on where to go or exactly how to get there ie should we hire a driver take buses or what. I think I want to visit Arenal and perhaps the surrounding areas for maybe 3 days and then maybe Dominical and the Osa Penninsula, then back to SJO to fly home. That sounds really vague, but I'm feeling a little out of my element here. When we were out west (Arizona and Utah), we did alot of driving and were busy the entire trip visiting 6 national parks in 10 days. For this trip, I'd like to relax more. Any ideas? Is it better to rent a 4WD ourselves? We are ages 57 and 62, but fairly active for our ages. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We would be open to a zipline tour and we'd love to see lots of wildlife and beautiful beaches. Thanks in advance!
First trip to Costa Rica: 10 days in January
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 2 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 3 Hopefulist in Guatemala, Spring 2015
- 4 ADO Bus Ticket Question
- 5 Panama-like canal in the near future for Nicaragua?
- 6 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 7 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 8 help with getting from to Oaxaca to Merida via bus- w/ stops, of course!
- 9 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 10 SFO to Mexico_5 days total
- 11 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 12 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 13 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 14 Tamarindo, Costa Rica, in July
- 15 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 16 Merida-where to stay
- 17 Mexico City Hotels
- 18 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 19 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 20 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 21 Snorkeling
- 22 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 23 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 24 Nicaragua April 1-11 - OK time to go?
- 25 Cancun or Playa del Carmen