Hello, I got some great ideas for a wonderful trip that my husband and I took to the great southwest USA in September, so I thought I'd come to the well once again. We are flying into SJO on Jan. 15 and flying out on the 25th. I can't make up my mind on where to go or exactly how to get there ie should we hire a driver take buses or what. I think I want to visit Arenal and perhaps the surrounding areas for maybe 3 days and then maybe Dominical and the Osa Penninsula, then back to SJO to fly home. That sounds really vague, but I'm feeling a little out of my element here. When we were out west (Arizona and Utah), we did alot of driving and were busy the entire trip visiting 6 national parks in 10 days. For this trip, I'd like to relax more. Any ideas? Is it better to rent a 4WD ourselves? We are ages 57 and 62, but fairly active for our ages. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We would be open to a zipline tour and we'd love to see lots of wildlife and beautiful beaches. Thanks in advance!
First trip to Costa Rica: 10 days in January
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 2 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 3 Costa rica help
- 4 car rental companies
- 5 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 6 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 7 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 8 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 9 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 10 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 11 cozumel tennis
- 12 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 13 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 14 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 15 Baja California
- 16 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 17 Mexico region question
- 18 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 19 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 20 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 21 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 22 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 23 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 24 Semana Santa itinerary
- 25 San Jose del cabo