Planning a vacation for family of 4 (boys ages 10 and 12) to Costa Rica for December (10 nights or so). Thinking about Arenal, Monteverde and MA. IS 11 days enough..In the process of booking flights from Chicago..Spirit Airlines seems to be the way to get there!
To give you a general idea - would love to hike the trails, do ziplining (think the younger one would be able to do that too), beaches..We are an active family so plan to be on our feet a lot.Want to do MA at the end so we can relax a bit before coming home!
Thanks in advance -would love your inputs as to itinerary, hotels etc.Have done a bit of reading here..Seems like Tulemar bungalows seems to be the universal choice for one of the hotels..
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Arenal Observatory Lodge?
- 2 Belize beach / Jungle trip ideas?
- 3 Matamoros
- 4 Central America vacation in September
- 5 Costa Rica--first time
- 6 Costa Rica arrangements suggestions
- 7 Tulum area accomidation inpuut
- 8 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 9 Granada or Leon
- 10 Rental Car in Mexico
- 11 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 12 Sandals in Cancún
- 13 Belize itinerary help
- 14 Dream Tulum or Dreams Riviera?
- 15 Dreams Tulum vs. Dreams Riviera Cancun??
- 16 Costa Rica surfing
- 17 Nicaragua money questions
- 18 Blue Hole
- 19 Costa Rica first time rent a car?
- 20 Panama in December?
- 21 Mexico with 6 yr. olds: want beach and history- Suggestions?
- 22 Long ride to Nayara. Are there good options along the way?
- 23 Granada vs San Juan, all you need to know
- 24 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 25 Five nights Ambergris Caye - Itinerary help