Planning a vacation for family of 4 (boys ages 10 and 12) to Costa Rica for December (10 nights or so). Thinking about Arenal, Monteverde and MA. IS 11 days enough..In the process of booking flights from Chicago..Spirit Airlines seems to be the way to get there!
To give you a general idea - would love to hike the trails, do ziplining (think the younger one would be able to do that too), beaches..We are an active family so plan to be on our feet a lot.Want to do MA at the end so we can relax a bit before coming home!
Thanks in advance -would love your inputs as to itinerary, hotels etc.Have done a bit of reading here..Seems like Tulemar bungalows seems to be the universal choice for one of the hotels..
Costa Rica - December Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 2 Embera Village
- 3 condos within walking distance of marina/downtown cabo???
- 4 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 5 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 6 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 7 Costa Rica & Panama
- 8 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 9 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 10 Tela and La Ceiba
- 11 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 12 March/April weather
- 13 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 14 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 15 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 16 One Week in Southern Belize
- 17 Costa Rica Vacation with child.
- 18 Just added three nights to Costa Rica Vacation - Leaving this Friday!
- 19 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 20 Costa Rica four nights
- 21 One Day San Jose
- 22 Visiting Machu Picchu, Cusco for 7 days.
- 23 Showers with butterflies on the OSA & Quetzal near Poas: CR TR
- 24 Costa Rica vs Bahamas
- 25 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!