Planning a vacation for family of 4 (boys ages 10 and 12) to Costa Rica for December (10 nights or so). Thinking about Arenal, Monteverde and MA. IS 11 days enough..In the process of booking flights from Chicago..Spirit Airlines seems to be the way to get there!
To give you a general idea - would love to hike the trails, do ziplining (think the younger one would be able to do that too), beaches..We are an active family so plan to be on our feet a lot.Want to do MA at the end so we can relax a bit before coming home!
Thanks in advance -would love your inputs as to itinerary, hotels etc.Have done a bit of reading here..Seems like Tulemar bungalows seems to be the universal choice for one of the hotels..
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 In Cancun right now..
- 2 Gluten Free Belize
- 3 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 4 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 5 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 6 La Fortuna or Manuel Antonio?
- 7 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 8 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 9 Architecture - Old and New Mexico
- 10 Mexico or Nicaragua for Beach Loving Adventurers
- 11 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 12 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 13 Places to stay in Belize
- 14 Chetumal to Caye Caulker- is it really worth it??
- 15 Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta trip
- 16 flights to san Jose, costa rica
- 17 Self-directed day trips from Riu Guanacaste?
- 18 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 19 Resort with nightlife for 40th bday
- 20 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 21 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan
- 22 Trip report: Mexico City and San Miguel de Allende 4/15
- 23 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 24 Should I Cancel My Trip to Guadalajara in 2 Weeks?
- 25 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!