Planning a vacation for family of 4 (boys ages 10 and 12) to Costa Rica for December (10 nights or so). Thinking about Arenal, Monteverde and MA. IS 11 days enough..In the process of booking flights from Chicago..Spirit Airlines seems to be the way to get there!
To give you a general idea - would love to hike the trails, do ziplining (think the younger one would be able to do that too), beaches..We are an active family so plan to be on our feet a lot.Want to do MA at the end so we can relax a bit before coming home!
Thanks in advance -would love your inputs as to itinerary, hotels etc.Have done a bit of reading here..Seems like Tulemar bungalows seems to be the universal choice for one of the hotels..
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Two active couples looking for accommodations in Costa Rica
- 2 Costa Rica - Staying in Playa Hermosa??
- 3 NEED HELP WITH DAY OF THE DEAD AND BUTTERFLIES TRIP
- 4 Uncrowded Experience in Yucatan
- 5 Guanajuato
- 6 Costa Rica January
- 7 Need a 2 bedroom hotel room in Historical district
- 8 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 9 Shopping
- 10 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 11 Yucatan travel guide recommendations
- 12 Driving in Belize
- 13 30th wedding anniversary trip planning - Mexico
- 14 Mexico itinerary for 8-9 days
- 15 Guatemala trip tribute Part I
- 16 Guatemala trip tribute Part II
- 17 Roatan
- 18 Mexico City and...?
- 19 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 20 Isla Mujeres over Thanksgiving
- 21 First time to cabo helP??
- 22 driving colorado to costa rica
- 23 6 months - too much?
- 24 Cancun Transfer Timing
- 25 Costa Rica in April.....need recommendations...