Planning a vacation for family of 4 (boys ages 10 and 12) to Costa Rica for December (10 nights or so). Thinking about Arenal, Monteverde and MA. IS 11 days enough..In the process of booking flights from Chicago..Spirit Airlines seems to be the way to get there!
To give you a general idea - would love to hike the trails, do ziplining (think the younger one would be able to do that too), beaches..We are an active family so plan to be on our feet a lot.Want to do MA at the end so we can relax a bit before coming home!
Thanks in advance -would love your inputs as to itinerary, hotels etc.Have done a bit of reading here..Seems like Tulemar bungalows seems to be the universal choice for one of the hotels..
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 What to wear in Costa Rica
- 2 Playacar, Playa Carmen or Cancun
- 3 Connection in Mexico City from Buenos Aires to Los Angeles. Enough time?
- 4 Avoiding mosquitos at all inclusive in Riviera Maya?
- 5 Safety for a Solo Female in Acapulco
- 6 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 7 Favorite Surf Towns in Central America
- 8 Copa Airlines?
- 9 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 10 Pacific or Carribean side of Costa Rica??
- 11 Mexico City - an underrated destination
- 12 Going to Ixtapa & Zihue mid July
- 13 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 14 2 weeks in Mexico in September - any advice?
- 15 Tulum (camping)
- 16 Seaweed in Cancun. Royalton Riviera July 2015
- 17 Suggestions for tour for last day
- 18 Riviera Maya
- 19 Excursions
- 20 Amazing vacation in Panama
- 21 Costa Rica & Nicaragua in 16days ?
- 22 How early to book Mexico vacation from SF?
- 23 Peurto Escondido or PV (please help!)
- 24 Costa Rica 8 days in Feb
- 25 Eric Brahms