Planning a vacation for family of 4 (boys ages 10 and 12) to Costa Rica for December (10 nights or so). Thinking about Arenal, Monteverde and MA. IS 11 days enough..In the process of booking flights from Chicago..Spirit Airlines seems to be the way to get there!
To give you a general idea - would love to hike the trails, do ziplining (think the younger one would be able to do that too), beaches..We are an active family so plan to be on our feet a lot.Want to do MA at the end so we can relax a bit before coming home!
Thanks in advance -would love your inputs as to itinerary, hotels etc.Have done a bit of reading here..Seems like Tulemar bungalows seems to be the universal choice for one of the hotels..
Costa Rica - December Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 2 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 3 La paz at christmas
- 4 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 5 Bosque del Cabo accommodations help for newbie
- 6 Follow Up Questions: MA / Osa
- 7 Mesón Sacristía cooking school/hotel stay. Anyone done it?
- 8 Park Royal Cozumel or El Cantil?
- 9 Guatemala customs question
- 10 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 11 Just back from CR for my 50th. Expected alot and got more than I hoped for!
- 12 Costa Rica Trip Itinerary
- 13 Costa Rica questions
- 14 Damas Mangrove Tour vs. Cano Negro
- 15 Single Girl 50's looking for AI in Costa Rica
- 16 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 17 Playa Del Carmen/Tulum "Dreams or Paradisus?"
- 18 Rainy season
- 19 Food safety while traveling in Guatemala
- 20 Hopefulist in Honduras and Guatemala, June/July 2014
- 21 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 22 booking rooms for spring break
- 23 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 24 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?
- 25 Car Rental in Costa Rica