Planning a vacation for family of 4 (boys ages 10 and 12) to Costa Rica for December (10 nights or so). Thinking about Arenal, Monteverde and MA. IS 11 days enough..In the process of booking flights from Chicago..Spirit Airlines seems to be the way to get there!
To give you a general idea - would love to hike the trails, do ziplining (think the younger one would be able to do that too), beaches..We are an active family so plan to be on our feet a lot.Want to do MA at the end so we can relax a bit before coming home!
Thanks in advance -would love your inputs as to itinerary, hotels etc.Have done a bit of reading here..Seems like Tulemar bungalows seems to be the universal choice for one of the hotels..
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cilantro/Coriander in Mexico
- 2 Fodor's Survey
- 3 Ruta Puuc, Yucatan
- 4 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 5 Safety situation in Oaxaca City?
- 6 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 7 Antigua, GT Apartment
- 8 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 9 Taking bus to Montevede,Costa Rica
- 10 Cancun tour guides/naturalisits
- 11 Western Caribbean Cruise Question
- 12 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 13 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 14 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 15 driving down through mexico
- 16 Things to do in Cabo
- 17 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 18 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 19 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 20 Planning a trip to Panama
- 21 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 22 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 23 Driving in Mexico
- 24 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 25 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week