We will be in Zell Am See in May 2012 for four days and will be relying on public transport. Have read about the following attractions :
1.cable car to the top of the Schmittenhoehe,
2.bus to Kaprun and cable car to the Kitzsteinhorn glacier,
3.a bus tour on the Grossglockner.
4. Krimml waterfalls
5. Werfen Ice Caves (must do)
6. Visit to Salzburg (must do)
Please advise out of Schmittenhoehe and Kitzsteinhorn glacier which is a must do (weather permitting) and which we can skip. Can any of this cable car excursions be combined with Krimml waterfalls or any other attraction?
Have ready a lot about Grossglockner bus tour but not sure if it operates in May.
Any details on the above attractions and which can be done in half days, please advise.
In case I have missed out on any attraction (which is a must do) please advise. Are there any boat rides etc. possible on the Zell lake?
Which are the local supermarkets in Zell Am See? Any recommendations of local eateries serving hearty Austrian fare are welcome. We are not into la-di-dah stuff so no frills and fancies expected in any place.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 2 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 3 Choose between Nazare, Portugal or Merida, Spain
- 4 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 5 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 6 Short Trip to Paris
- 7 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 8 Help with basic itinerary
- 9 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 10 Visit to Engand
- 11 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 12 Cinqueterre
- 13 Final Four
- 14 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 15 Parking in Girona
- 16 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 17 Denmark-UBER has left the building.
- 18 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 19 SNCF - low price for summer
- 20 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 21 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 22 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 23 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 24 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 25 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car