We just returned from a wonderful trip to France (October 11-20, 2007). The main reason to go was to attend our friends' wedding in the Loire Valley. Our itinerary was as follows:
Oct 11-13 Wedding
Oct 14-17 Loire Valley
Oct 18-20 Paris (during the strike)
Who "we" are?
Some of you may have read my trip reports before. Anyway, on this trip, "we" are myself and DH, both in our 30s. My parents (60s & 70s) joined us from Oct 14 onward. In Paris, my parents did their own sightseeing.
[My parents actually flew to Brussels the week before and they traveled on their own in Belgium, Luxembourg, Nancy and then to the Loire.]
All 4 of us have been to Paris before, with Dad having been the most times. Mom, Dad and I visited briefly to the Loire Valley (mainly Blois) in the early 80s. I myself revisited the Loire Valley (using public transport) in the early 90s. This is DH's first time to the Loire.
I read many trip reports here - so thanks to all who have posted them.
The main preparation I did was reading a few books about the history of the Loire before the trip. Thanks to those who replied to my thread
I read Eleanor of Aquitaine, the Loire Valley section of Ina Caro's The Road from the Past, and part of Diane Haeger's Courtesan (about François I, Henri II, Diane de Poitiers, and Catherine de Medici).
We were lucky to have sunny weather almost everyday. We had rain one morning. The first half of the trip temps were 50s-60s, the second half was cooler, 40s-50s. I get cold easily, so on the 2nd half of the trip, I had wool gloves, scarf and wool hat on.
Okay, instead of my usual trip report format (day-to-day account), this time I'll list it by several headings:
Where we stayed
What we did
What/Where we ate
Driving in France
I possibly will come up with a few more as I go on...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 바카라사이트주소 ᛣ 【RAM300.COM】 ᛣ 온라인카지노
- 2 What tips can you give about packing?
- 3 Ludwig Castles
- 4 Le Marche, Italy
- 5 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 6 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 7 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 8 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 9 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 10 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 11 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 12 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 13 2 Months in Sicily
- 14 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 15 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 16 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 17 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 18 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 19 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 20 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 21 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 22 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 23 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 24 Short Trip in July
- 25 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
yk's Trip Report to Loire Valley & Paris (inclu lots of good food, a gorgeous chateau wedding, and barely survived the strike in Paris!)