In addition to obvious visits to St. Peter's and the Vatican, My wife and I are very much interested in doing a private tour to more deeply explore our Christian Heritage, especially as it relates to the Apostle Paul.
We seem to be most often presented with 2 options:
1. Christian Heritage tour that includes:
Catacombs on the Appian Way;
Church of Domine Quo Vadis;
Basilica of St. John in Lateran;
Basilica of St. Mary Major;
Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls
Holy Stairs and Sancta Sanctorum
2. Footsteps of St. Paul
San Paolo alla Regola, Saint Paul Outside-the-walls
Abbey of Tre Fontane
I think I would favor option 2--if there was a way to figure out the Holy Stairs feature (But my guess is that tour logistics/locations would not likely make that very practical)
What experiences have any of you had with either or both of these tours? Your thoughts?
Thanks in advance for your serious replies. (If you happen to want to offer a snarky comment about the content validity of these tours, that's fine too--but we plan to go on one of these anyway )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 2 Avoid Europcar!
- 3 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 4 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 5 quickest way to Prague
- 6 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 7 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 8 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 9 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 11 16 days in France and Italy
- 12 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 13 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 14 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 15 Amsterdam
- 16 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 17 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 18 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 19 Train / Calabria
- 20 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 21 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 22 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 23 Paris for children
- 24 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 25 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?