In addition to obvious visits to St. Peter's and the Vatican, My wife and I are very much interested in doing a private tour to more deeply explore our Christian Heritage, especially as it relates to the Apostle Paul.
We seem to be most often presented with 2 options:
1. Christian Heritage tour that includes:
Catacombs on the Appian Way;
Church of Domine Quo Vadis;
Basilica of St. John in Lateran;
Basilica of St. Mary Major;
Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls
Holy Stairs and Sancta Sanctorum
2. Footsteps of St. Paul
San Paolo alla Regola, Saint Paul Outside-the-walls
Abbey of Tre Fontane
I think I would favor option 2--if there was a way to figure out the Holy Stairs feature (But my guess is that tour logistics/locations would not likely make that very practical)
What experiences have any of you had with either or both of these tours? Your thoughts?
Thanks in advance for your serious replies. (If you happen to want to offer a snarky comment about the content validity of these tours, that's fine too--but we plan to go on one of these anyway )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 renting
- 2 Durham Castle or Lumley Castle?
- 3 6 Days in Italy
- 4 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 5 SE ITALY
- 6 Alitala
- 7 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 8 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 9 Which Hotel in Rome
- 10 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 11 Advice on Taxis vs Transfers in Santorini
- 12 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 13 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 14 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 15 Stu Tower
- 16 Road closure to Linderhof October 2017
- 17 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 18 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 19 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 20 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 21 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 22 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 23 Helpful Hint
- 24 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 25 Maybe your worst nighmare...