We will be visiting the Bernese Oberland area in Switzerland hoping to hike, kayak, etc. and very possibly some extreme sports in this beautiful area for about 4 days. Where do you recommend staying? I have looked at Beatenburg and Grindelwald and they seem very nice. Do you have any input regarding these? I heard Interlaken is very touristy and crowded. I think we will be using public transportation.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 2 Low Cost Holidays Package
- 3 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 4 Alitala
- 5 Which Hotel in Rome
- 6 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 7 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 8 First Solo Adventure
- 9 Trains in Italy
- 10 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 11 Are you interested in visiting Iceland or you already have?
- 12 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 13 Georgia in 4 days
- 14 Where should I go with my family?
- 15 First Solo Adventure
- 16 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 17 PARIS
- 18 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 19 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 20 Crete Holiday
- 21 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 22 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 23 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 24 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 25 Where??-2 night trip from London