I am planning on traveling to Europe in July with my boyfriend. While I have heard that July is not the best month to go necessarily because of cost (and maybe weather as well) - it is the only time we can travel. We are planning on only going for a week - i.e. Saturday to Sunday (at most).
I am wondering if you all might have suggestions for us of where to travel - we would like to spend less than $2,000 on flights and hotels - and would want to do no more than two cities/countries. Unfortunately, despite our budget - we are not willing to stay in hostiles - and would still want to be in hotels, inns, etc. We will be flying out of the Washington, DC area.
A little bit about us - we are 28 and 30 respectively - both love beaches, pools - water generally - but aren't big nature people. We would obviously want to take in the sights of any country - but nothing like hiking - more general sightseeing and some nightlife. We aren't huge foodies either. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. We had thought we wanted to to London and Dublin - but price wise we aren't sure that's the best choice.
Any advice you can give on where to go on a limited budget with limited time would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia - Food Vocabulary - suggestions, corrections?
- 2 Itinerary help for family with young kids
- 3 8 Day trip to Swiss and France
- 4 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 5 Another Visit to London
- 6 London Weekly Apartment
- 7 Finalizing Itinerary
- 8 Puglia impressions, in brief
- 9 Tirano to Paris via bernina express in 1 day
- 10 Papal Audience at the Vatican
- 11 Two days in Switzerland or Lake Como Italy
- 12 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
- 13 Bernina or Glacier Express?
- 14 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 15 Euro Quiz # 104 - Memorial Day...
- 16 September Mediterranean Honeymoon
- 17 Cash-free Scandinavia?
- 18 Madrid to Dordogne
- 19 Airbnb scam
- 20 Rental car in Italy
- 21 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?
- 22 15 nights in Italy
- 23 Buying a SIM in Spain and using it in Italy, France and the UK also
- 24 Overnight Layover -London
- 25 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States