I am planning on traveling to Europe in July with my boyfriend. While I have heard that July is not the best month to go necessarily because of cost (and maybe weather as well) - it is the only time we can travel. We are planning on only going for a week - i.e. Saturday to Sunday (at most).
I am wondering if you all might have suggestions for us of where to travel - we would like to spend less than $2,000 on flights and hotels - and would want to do no more than two cities/countries. Unfortunately, despite our budget - we are not willing to stay in hostiles - and would still want to be in hotels, inns, etc. We will be flying out of the Washington, DC area.
A little bit about us - we are 28 and 30 respectively - both love beaches, pools - water generally - but aren't big nature people. We would obviously want to take in the sights of any country - but nothing like hiking - more general sightseeing and some nightlife. We aren't huge foodies either. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. We had thought we wanted to to London and Dublin - but price wise we aren't sure that's the best choice.
Any advice you can give on where to go on a limited budget with limited time would be greatly appreciated!
Where to go in Europe in July?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Travel Quiz - # 1-A
- 2 Minimum age to rent a hotel or hostel room
- 3 Please suffer one more London travelcard question
- 4 travel insurance
- 5 Athens, Greece, hotel recommendations
- 6 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 7 Ideas on what to do for Granddaughter's 12th Birthday in London
- 8 travel in Spain or France from Barcelona or Madrid
- 9 Transportation advice between Seville-Ronda, Granada-Cordoba
- 10 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 11 Taormina & Mt Etna
- 12 Non-Crowded Europe in Mid-July
- 13 Camino No-No
- 14 Rioja
- 15 Madrid
- 16 Ireland train system: first class??
- 17 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 18 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 19 Satisfying sweet tooth in Scotland
- 20 apartment
- 21 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 22 Best way to tour Sicily?
- 23 Student with no visa: Will I be denied re-entry into Germany???
- 24 Anciet Brits Were Cannibals
- 25 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?