I am planning on traveling to Europe in July with my boyfriend. While I have heard that July is not the best month to go necessarily because of cost (and maybe weather as well) - it is the only time we can travel. We are planning on only going for a week - i.e. Saturday to Sunday (at most).
I am wondering if you all might have suggestions for us of where to travel - we would like to spend less than $2,000 on flights and hotels - and would want to do no more than two cities/countries. Unfortunately, despite our budget - we are not willing to stay in hostiles - and would still want to be in hotels, inns, etc. We will be flying out of the Washington, DC area.
A little bit about us - we are 28 and 30 respectively - both love beaches, pools - water generally - but aren't big nature people. We would obviously want to take in the sights of any country - but nothing like hiking - more general sightseeing and some nightlife. We aren't huge foodies either. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. We had thought we wanted to to London and Dublin - but price wise we aren't sure that's the best choice.
Any advice you can give on where to go on a limited budget with limited time would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 2 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 3 Driving through Paris
- 4 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 5 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 6 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 7 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 8 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 9 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 10 Spanish Medical Providers
- 11 Barcelona alternative
- 12 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 13 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 14 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 15 Lisbon
- 16 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 17 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 18 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 19 Italy Car Scam
- 20 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 Road trip with our dog
- 23 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 24 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 25 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP