I am planning on traveling to Europe in July with my boyfriend. While I have heard that July is not the best month to go necessarily because of cost (and maybe weather as well) - it is the only time we can travel. We are planning on only going for a week - i.e. Saturday to Sunday (at most).
I am wondering if you all might have suggestions for us of where to travel - we would like to spend less than $2,000 on flights and hotels - and would want to do no more than two cities/countries. Unfortunately, despite our budget - we are not willing to stay in hostiles - and would still want to be in hotels, inns, etc. We will be flying out of the Washington, DC area.
A little bit about us - we are 28 and 30 respectively - both love beaches, pools - water generally - but aren't big nature people. We would obviously want to take in the sights of any country - but nothing like hiking - more general sightseeing and some nightlife. We aren't huge foodies either. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. We had thought we wanted to to London and Dublin - but price wise we aren't sure that's the best choice.
Any advice you can give on where to go on a limited budget with limited time would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant recommendations in Cascais Portugal
- 2 Yay or Nay to these "front of the line" Vatican tours?
- 3 RTVE article on Spain ATM fees
- 4 My summer in Paris
- 5 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 6 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 7 Ljubljana – Trieste – Croatia – Itinerary and Car Rental Questions
- 8 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 9 Madrid Airport
- 10 Travel help laundary
- 11 Alsace
- 12 Trip Report - Portugal February 2015
- 13 Lisbon Portugal summer trip with kids
- 14 Museum tickets in advance?
- 15 Pompei Excursion from Sorrento? What do you think of this estimate?
- 16 Best home base for a week in the Italian Lakes?
- 17 Provence wine tasting tours
- 18 Natinoal parks, which one?
- 19 After Bordeaux - any suggestions?
- 20 evening tours of Agrigento in Sicily?
- 21 Purchasing Trenitalia Tickets
- 22 la spezia vs. levanto
- 23 Switzerland Itinerary Help!
- 24 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 25 Amsterdam and beyond