I am planning on traveling to Europe in July with my boyfriend. While I have heard that July is not the best month to go necessarily because of cost (and maybe weather as well) - it is the only time we can travel. We are planning on only going for a week - i.e. Saturday to Sunday (at most).
I am wondering if you all might have suggestions for us of where to travel - we would like to spend less than $2,000 on flights and hotels - and would want to do no more than two cities/countries. Unfortunately, despite our budget - we are not willing to stay in hostiles - and would still want to be in hotels, inns, etc. We will be flying out of the Washington, DC area.
A little bit about us - we are 28 and 30 respectively - both love beaches, pools - water generally - but aren't big nature people. We would obviously want to take in the sights of any country - but nothing like hiking - more general sightseeing and some nightlife. We aren't huge foodies either. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. We had thought we wanted to to London and Dublin - but price wise we aren't sure that's the best choice.
Any advice you can give on where to go on a limited budget with limited time would be greatly appreciated!
Where to go in Europe in July?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 2 Pronunciation
- 3 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 4 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 5 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 6 Crete/Santorini OR Positano/Capri - where to visit?
- 7 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 8 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 9 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 10 best time to book accommodation
- 11 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 12 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 13 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 14 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 15 London visit
- 16 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 17 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 18 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 19 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 20 No points in Paris .....
- 21 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 22 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 23 Pompeii train to Naples
- 24 Small group for Colosseum
- 25 Cornwall Trip Addition