I am planning on traveling to Europe in July with my boyfriend. While I have heard that July is not the best month to go necessarily because of cost (and maybe weather as well) - it is the only time we can travel. We are planning on only going for a week - i.e. Saturday to Sunday (at most).
I am wondering if you all might have suggestions for us of where to travel - we would like to spend less than $2,000 on flights and hotels - and would want to do no more than two cities/countries. Unfortunately, despite our budget - we are not willing to stay in hostiles - and would still want to be in hotels, inns, etc. We will be flying out of the Washington, DC area.
A little bit about us - we are 28 and 30 respectively - both love beaches, pools - water generally - but aren't big nature people. We would obviously want to take in the sights of any country - but nothing like hiking - more general sightseeing and some nightlife. We aren't huge foodies either. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. We had thought we wanted to to London and Dublin - but price wise we aren't sure that's the best choice.
Any advice you can give on where to go on a limited budget with limited time would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia couples itinerary
- 2 Approx cost of taxi between Sorrento and Positano
- 3 Traveling with medication in bulk
- 4 European countries thst could use some hospitality lessons.
- 5 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 6 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 7 France to stop making foie grois
- 8 Ireland driving itinerary
- 9 Spain in November
- 10 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 11 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 12 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 13 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 14 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 15 Day trips from Uzes
- 16 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 17 La baule and La Rochelle compared to Biarritz and st malo
- 18 Visiting the Black Forest
- 19 Barcelona to Morocco
- 20 Laundry - Ireland?
- 21 AVE train tickets questions.
- 22 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 23 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 24 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 25 Rome to Positano