I am planning on traveling to Europe in July with my boyfriend. While I have heard that July is not the best month to go necessarily because of cost (and maybe weather as well) - it is the only time we can travel. We are planning on only going for a week - i.e. Saturday to Sunday (at most).
I am wondering if you all might have suggestions for us of where to travel - we would like to spend less than $2,000 on flights and hotels - and would want to do no more than two cities/countries. Unfortunately, despite our budget - we are not willing to stay in hostiles - and would still want to be in hotels, inns, etc. We will be flying out of the Washington, DC area.
A little bit about us - we are 28 and 30 respectively - both love beaches, pools - water generally - but aren't big nature people. We would obviously want to take in the sights of any country - but nothing like hiking - more general sightseeing and some nightlife. We aren't huge foodies either. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. We had thought we wanted to to London and Dublin - but price wise we aren't sure that's the best choice.
Any advice you can give on where to go on a limited budget with limited time would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 2 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 3 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 4 Spain in July
- 5 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 6 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 9 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 10 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 11 5 Days in Switzerland
- 12 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 13 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 14 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 15 International Flight Question
- 16 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 17 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 18 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 19 We're here!
- 20 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 21 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 22 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 23 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 24 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 25 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?