I am planning on traveling to Europe in July with my boyfriend. While I have heard that July is not the best month to go necessarily because of cost (and maybe weather as well) - it is the only time we can travel. We are planning on only going for a week - i.e. Saturday to Sunday (at most).
I am wondering if you all might have suggestions for us of where to travel - we would like to spend less than $2,000 on flights and hotels - and would want to do no more than two cities/countries. Unfortunately, despite our budget - we are not willing to stay in hostiles - and would still want to be in hotels, inns, etc. We will be flying out of the Washington, DC area.
A little bit about us - we are 28 and 30 respectively - both love beaches, pools - water generally - but aren't big nature people. We would obviously want to take in the sights of any country - but nothing like hiking - more general sightseeing and some nightlife. We aren't huge foodies either. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. We had thought we wanted to to London and Dublin - but price wise we aren't sure that's the best choice.
Any advice you can give on where to go on a limited budget with limited time would be greatly appreciated!
Where to go in Europe in July?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best day trips from Paris
- 2 Travel insurance, interruption or cancelation?
- 3 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 4 Bodrum to instanbul
- 5 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 6 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 7 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 8 Non-drinking night activities in Barcelona?
- 9 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 10 Questions About Croatia
- 11 Croatia and Venice "good value" restaurants; getting to/from Plitvice lakes
- 12 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 13 Scottish Passport
- 14 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 15 Croatia Final Stop--Zagreb, Split, Dubrovnik?
- 16 The honest Italian tale of the laughs, the panics and the awe
- 17 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 18 Paris to Chantilly transportation question
- 19 Netflix has expanded to 6 new countries today.
- 20 See You In Minsk
- 21 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 22 Florence Hotel Advice
- 23 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 24 Italy tours
- 25 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland