I am planning on traveling to Europe in July with my boyfriend. While I have heard that July is not the best month to go necessarily because of cost (and maybe weather as well) - it is the only time we can travel. We are planning on only going for a week - i.e. Saturday to Sunday (at most).
I am wondering if you all might have suggestions for us of where to travel - we would like to spend less than $2,000 on flights and hotels - and would want to do no more than two cities/countries. Unfortunately, despite our budget - we are not willing to stay in hostiles - and would still want to be in hotels, inns, etc. We will be flying out of the Washington, DC area.
A little bit about us - we are 28 and 30 respectively - both love beaches, pools - water generally - but aren't big nature people. We would obviously want to take in the sights of any country - but nothing like hiking - more general sightseeing and some nightlife. We aren't huge foodies either. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. We had thought we wanted to to London and Dublin - but price wise we aren't sure that's the best choice.
Any advice you can give on where to go on a limited budget with limited time would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naples to Pompeii
- 2 Cell phones in France and England
- 3 http://fornatgaex.com/pure-forskolin-xt-reviews/
- 4 Madrid - Madrid - 9 days
- 5 Algarve,Portugal at Christmas?
- 6 Stability and safety in Turkey
- 7 Parking in Italy
- 8 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 9 sim card
- 10 Plan Italy trip
- 11 Restauant Suggestions for our Spain Trip
- 12 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 13 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 14 apartments florence
- 15 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 16 Italy Tuscany or Umbria, Naples area advice please
- 17 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 18 Florence, Italy
- 19 Italy trains question
- 20 Planning a trip to Madrid and Granada
- 21 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 22 How to split time between Dubrovnik and Split?
- 23 Road Trip! Two weeks in Ireland with planning advice for you.
- 24 FCO connection time
- 25 Ireland Trip + 3 days in Dublin