I am planning on traveling to Europe in July with my boyfriend. While I have heard that July is not the best month to go necessarily because of cost (and maybe weather as well) - it is the only time we can travel. We are planning on only going for a week - i.e. Saturday to Sunday (at most).
I am wondering if you all might have suggestions for us of where to travel - we would like to spend less than $2,000 on flights and hotels - and would want to do no more than two cities/countries. Unfortunately, despite our budget - we are not willing to stay in hostiles - and would still want to be in hotels, inns, etc. We will be flying out of the Washington, DC area.
A little bit about us - we are 28 and 30 respectively - both love beaches, pools - water generally - but aren't big nature people. We would obviously want to take in the sights of any country - but nothing like hiking - more general sightseeing and some nightlife. We aren't huge foodies either. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. We had thought we wanted to to London and Dublin - but price wise we aren't sure that's the best choice.
Any advice you can give on where to go on a limited budget with limited time would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 2 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 3 Beaches in Southern France
- 4 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 5 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 6 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 7 Ali
- 8 Drinks in Spain
- 9 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 10 Viator's Tuscany in one day sightseeing tour
- 11 Gelato course in Rome?
- 12 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 13 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 14 Too much for one day?
- 15 Travel WiFi - France
- 16 Norfolk base
- 17 Lipari to Capri??
- 18 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 19 Iceland Trip report
- 20 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 21 12 days europe
- 22 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 23 Spain Itinerary Help
- 24 RFID Protection
- 25 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)