I am planning on traveling to Europe in July with my boyfriend. While I have heard that July is not the best month to go necessarily because of cost (and maybe weather as well) - it is the only time we can travel. We are planning on only going for a week - i.e. Saturday to Sunday (at most).
I am wondering if you all might have suggestions for us of where to travel - we would like to spend less than $2,000 on flights and hotels - and would want to do no more than two cities/countries. Unfortunately, despite our budget - we are not willing to stay in hostiles - and would still want to be in hotels, inns, etc. We will be flying out of the Washington, DC area.
A little bit about us - we are 28 and 30 respectively - both love beaches, pools - water generally - but aren't big nature people. We would obviously want to take in the sights of any country - but nothing like hiking - more general sightseeing and some nightlife. We aren't huge foodies either. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. We had thought we wanted to to London and Dublin - but price wise we aren't sure that's the best choice.
Any advice you can give on where to go on a limited budget with limited time would be greatly appreciated!
Where to go in Europe in July?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three ferries to Mull
- 2 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 3 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 4 Birmingham- Winter Sunday
- 5 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 6 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 7 All Set To Go!!
- 8 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 9 American Express
- 10 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 11 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 12 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 13 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 14 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 15 Glasgow - Scotland sans shorbread, bagpipes and kilts.
- 16 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 17 Story of the German Christmas star
- 18 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 19 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 20 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 21 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 22 Airport ATMs
- 23 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 24 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 25 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??