I am planning on traveling to Europe in July with my boyfriend. While I have heard that July is not the best month to go necessarily because of cost (and maybe weather as well) - it is the only time we can travel. We are planning on only going for a week - i.e. Saturday to Sunday (at most).
I am wondering if you all might have suggestions for us of where to travel - we would like to spend less than $2,000 on flights and hotels - and would want to do no more than two cities/countries. Unfortunately, despite our budget - we are not willing to stay in hostiles - and would still want to be in hotels, inns, etc. We will be flying out of the Washington, DC area.
A little bit about us - we are 28 and 30 respectively - both love beaches, pools - water generally - but aren't big nature people. We would obviously want to take in the sights of any country - but nothing like hiking - more general sightseeing and some nightlife. We aren't huge foodies either. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. We had thought we wanted to to London and Dublin - but price wise we aren't sure that's the best choice.
Any advice you can give on where to go on a limited budget with limited time would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 2 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 3 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 4 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 5 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 6 Car rental leaving Rome
- 7 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 8 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 9 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 10 Trip Report - Croatia, Sept 22 -Oct 12 (Slovenia, Bosnia..)
- 11 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 12 Normandy and England in November Trip Planning
- 13 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 14 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 15 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 16 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 17 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 18 Car Rental in Italy
- 19 Rue des Rosiers
- 20 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 21 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 22 First Trip to Europe!
- 23 Paris Under Seige...
- 24 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 25 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes