I am planning on traveling to Europe in July with my boyfriend. While I have heard that July is not the best month to go necessarily because of cost (and maybe weather as well) - it is the only time we can travel. We are planning on only going for a week - i.e. Saturday to Sunday (at most).
I am wondering if you all might have suggestions for us of where to travel - we would like to spend less than $2,000 on flights and hotels - and would want to do no more than two cities/countries. Unfortunately, despite our budget - we are not willing to stay in hostiles - and would still want to be in hotels, inns, etc. We will be flying out of the Washington, DC area.
A little bit about us - we are 28 and 30 respectively - both love beaches, pools - water generally - but aren't big nature people. We would obviously want to take in the sights of any country - but nothing like hiking - more general sightseeing and some nightlife. We aren't huge foodies either. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. We had thought we wanted to to London and Dublin - but price wise we aren't sure that's the best choice.
Any advice you can give on where to go on a limited budget with limited time would be greatly appreciated!
Where to go in Europe in July?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 2 Restaurant Recommendations for Lisbon
- 3 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 4 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 5 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 6 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 7 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 8 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 9 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 10 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 11 Ferry or Catamaran from Split-Hvar
- 12 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 13 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 14 Istanbul Itinerary
- 15 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 16 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 17 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 18 Which other island would you pick for an Anniversary trip to Greece?
- 19 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 20 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 21 London 2nd time around
- 22 iPad Cellular in Croatia-Slovenia-Italy
- 23 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 24 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 25 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist