I am planning on traveling to Europe in July with my boyfriend. While I have heard that July is not the best month to go necessarily because of cost (and maybe weather as well) - it is the only time we can travel. We are planning on only going for a week - i.e. Saturday to Sunday (at most).
I am wondering if you all might have suggestions for us of where to travel - we would like to spend less than $2,000 on flights and hotels - and would want to do no more than two cities/countries. Unfortunately, despite our budget - we are not willing to stay in hostiles - and would still want to be in hotels, inns, etc. We will be flying out of the Washington, DC area.
A little bit about us - we are 28 and 30 respectively - both love beaches, pools - water generally - but aren't big nature people. We would obviously want to take in the sights of any country - but nothing like hiking - more general sightseeing and some nightlife. We aren't huge foodies either. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. We had thought we wanted to to London and Dublin - but price wise we aren't sure that's the best choice.
Any advice you can give on where to go on a limited budget with limited time would be greatly appreciated!
Where to go in Europe in July?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel sim with Free Incoming
- 2 Does this sound feasible?
- 3 Where to stay in Naples, Italy
- 4 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 5 Matera and Puglia by public transportation: Bus, train, driver
- 6 Mama Mia Italy!
- 7 Interesting Article About Capitaine Train
- 8 Ireland driving vacation
- 9 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 10 Questions on Cork and Another Irish Town Suggestion!
- 11 Late night train from Prague
- 12 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 13 Bike touring in France
- 14 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 15 Theater in London
- 16 Is it okay to wear a US service hat?
- 17 Tour Group Operators
- 18 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 19 Islands in mid October
- 20 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 21 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 22 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 23 Trip to Venice and Athens, with a cruise through Croatia and Greece
- 24 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 25 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!