I am planning on traveling to Europe in July with my boyfriend. While I have heard that July is not the best month to go necessarily because of cost (and maybe weather as well) - it is the only time we can travel. We are planning on only going for a week - i.e. Saturday to Sunday (at most).
I am wondering if you all might have suggestions for us of where to travel - we would like to spend less than $2,000 on flights and hotels - and would want to do no more than two cities/countries. Unfortunately, despite our budget - we are not willing to stay in hostiles - and would still want to be in hotels, inns, etc. We will be flying out of the Washington, DC area.
A little bit about us - we are 28 and 30 respectively - both love beaches, pools - water generally - but aren't big nature people. We would obviously want to take in the sights of any country - but nothing like hiking - more general sightseeing and some nightlife. We aren't huge foodies either. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. We had thought we wanted to to London and Dublin - but price wise we aren't sure that's the best choice.
Any advice you can give on where to go on a limited budget with limited time would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning first trip to Germany, looking for any recommendations!!!
- 2 SIXT car rental uk
- 3 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 4 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 5 ICELAND DAY 2 and 3!
- 6 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 7 Fall trip to The Netherlands and Belgium
- 8 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 9 Montpillier Car Rental Return Help
- 10 Where to stay in Delft and Antwerp
- 11 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 12 Advice on Transportation - Berlin
- 13 Trip to France (Provence, Languedoc/Roussillon) - a quick summary
- 14 Help me celebrate my daughter's 10th Birthday in Austria!
- 15 A month in northern Italy: Mountains, Lakes and Castles
- 16 Bulle/Charmey (Gruyere region)
- 17 14 Days in Portugal - Help with Itinerary
- 18 Need Help Planning a 19 day visit to Ireland
- 19 Greek island cruise or self tour
- 20 Nonstop from Belfast to ...???
- 21 ICELAND DAY 1
- 22 Stockholm+Copenhagen or Amsterdam + Ghent + Brugge in July
- 23 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 24 Rental Cars and paying the electronic tolls in Portugal
- 25 21 day France trip booked w lodging. Now what do I need to focus on?