I am planning on traveling to Europe in July with my boyfriend. While I have heard that July is not the best month to go necessarily because of cost (and maybe weather as well) - it is the only time we can travel. We are planning on only going for a week - i.e. Saturday to Sunday (at most).
I am wondering if you all might have suggestions for us of where to travel - we would like to spend less than $2,000 on flights and hotels - and would want to do no more than two cities/countries. Unfortunately, despite our budget - we are not willing to stay in hostiles - and would still want to be in hotels, inns, etc. We will be flying out of the Washington, DC area.
A little bit about us - we are 28 and 30 respectively - both love beaches, pools - water generally - but aren't big nature people. We would obviously want to take in the sights of any country - but nothing like hiking - more general sightseeing and some nightlife. We aren't huge foodies either. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. We had thought we wanted to to London and Dublin - but price wise we aren't sure that's the best choice.
Any advice you can give on where to go on a limited budget with limited time would be greatly appreciated!
Where to go in Europe in July?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice, Florence, Rome post cruise visit
- 2 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 3 Paris T A X I
- 4 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 5 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 6 First Trip to Europe
- 7 Globus Tours
- 8 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 9 Rome to Capri-Day Trip?
- 10 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 11 Are Bit Coins Accepted Anywhere In Europe anywhere...
- 12 Central London Hotels
- 13 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 14 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 15 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 16 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 17 Paris Taxi
- 18 Apartment cooking in Paris
- 19 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 20 Bielsa, Spain - Any info?
- 21 What should we eat in Portugal?
- 22 Paris-Immersion School in the Dordogne-Languedoc-Aix & Lessons Learned
- 23 review of grimaldi ferry barcelona to porto torres
- 24 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 25 Cornwall or Paris?