I am planning on traveling to Europe in July with my boyfriend. While I have heard that July is not the best month to go necessarily because of cost (and maybe weather as well) - it is the only time we can travel. We are planning on only going for a week - i.e. Saturday to Sunday (at most).
I am wondering if you all might have suggestions for us of where to travel - we would like to spend less than $2,000 on flights and hotels - and would want to do no more than two cities/countries. Unfortunately, despite our budget - we are not willing to stay in hostiles - and would still want to be in hotels, inns, etc. We will be flying out of the Washington, DC area.
A little bit about us - we are 28 and 30 respectively - both love beaches, pools - water generally - but aren't big nature people. We would obviously want to take in the sights of any country - but nothing like hiking - more general sightseeing and some nightlife. We aren't huge foodies either. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. We had thought we wanted to to London and Dublin - but price wise we aren't sure that's the best choice.
Any advice you can give on where to go on a limited budget with limited time would be greatly appreciated!
Where to go in Europe in July?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 2 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 3 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 4 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 5 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG
- 6 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 7 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 8 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 9 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 10 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 11 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 12 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 13 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 14 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 15 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 16 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 17 I dream of Europe
- 18 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 19 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 20 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 21 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 22 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 23 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 24 Rome Food Tour
- 25 Backpacking Europe in the Winter