I am planning on traveling to Europe in July with my boyfriend. While I have heard that July is not the best month to go necessarily because of cost (and maybe weather as well) - it is the only time we can travel. We are planning on only going for a week - i.e. Saturday to Sunday (at most).
I am wondering if you all might have suggestions for us of where to travel - we would like to spend less than $2,000 on flights and hotels - and would want to do no more than two cities/countries. Unfortunately, despite our budget - we are not willing to stay in hostiles - and would still want to be in hotels, inns, etc. We will be flying out of the Washington, DC area.
A little bit about us - we are 28 and 30 respectively - both love beaches, pools - water generally - but aren't big nature people. We would obviously want to take in the sights of any country - but nothing like hiking - more general sightseeing and some nightlife. We aren't huge foodies either. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. We had thought we wanted to to London and Dublin - but price wise we aren't sure that's the best choice.
Any advice you can give on where to go on a limited budget with limited time would be greatly appreciated!
Where to go in Europe in July?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 day trip from London to Edinburgh, Dublin, Stockholm or Helsinki+Tallin
- 2 Colmar, France - What do do for family visit?
- 3 Greece ferries/speed boats?
- 4 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 5 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 6 Trains
- 7 Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris
- 8 Portugual travel to Compostella, spain
- 9 Cinque Terre and Côte d'Azur
- 10 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 11 Italy late Sept to early Oct 2015
- 12 flights to Lisbon from NYC area
- 13 Travel from Amsterdam to Pisa
- 14 Madrid...where for evening stroll on first night?
- 15 Positano in high season???
- 16 Travel by train in Poland?
- 17 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 18 Shuttle Inter prices?
- 19 Better to rent a car in Venice or Padua?
- 20 Visiting the winemakers in Portugal
- 21 Venice: Secret Itineraries Tour
- 22 What happens to check in bag if I leave country in transit (Germany)
- 23 Barcellona hop on hop off bus tour
- 24 Ortisei hotel - need help in choosing the perfect place for our needs
- 25 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?