I am planning on traveling to Europe in July with my boyfriend. While I have heard that July is not the best month to go necessarily because of cost (and maybe weather as well) - it is the only time we can travel. We are planning on only going for a week - i.e. Saturday to Sunday (at most).
I am wondering if you all might have suggestions for us of where to travel - we would like to spend less than $2,000 on flights and hotels - and would want to do no more than two cities/countries. Unfortunately, despite our budget - we are not willing to stay in hostiles - and would still want to be in hotels, inns, etc. We will be flying out of the Washington, DC area.
A little bit about us - we are 28 and 30 respectively - both love beaches, pools - water generally - but aren't big nature people. We would obviously want to take in the sights of any country - but nothing like hiking - more general sightseeing and some nightlife. We aren't huge foodies either. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. We had thought we wanted to to London and Dublin - but price wise we aren't sure that's the best choice.
Any advice you can give on where to go on a limited budget with limited time would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Spain in January
- 2 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 3 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 4 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 5 Riga or Krakow for Christmas break?
- 6 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 7 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 8 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 9 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 10 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 11 French immersion courses in France
- 12 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 13 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 14 Paris---baguette question???
- 15 Europe in late January
- 16 Berlin
- 17 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 18 Where to stay in London?
- 19 What type of visa is right for me?
- 20 Spain and Portugal - when to Go
- 21 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 22 Loving Lisbon
- 23 Booking hotels before trains
- 24 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 25 Revised post- cruise itinerary