I am planning on traveling to Europe in July with my boyfriend. While I have heard that July is not the best month to go necessarily because of cost (and maybe weather as well) - it is the only time we can travel. We are planning on only going for a week - i.e. Saturday to Sunday (at most).
I am wondering if you all might have suggestions for us of where to travel - we would like to spend less than $2,000 on flights and hotels - and would want to do no more than two cities/countries. Unfortunately, despite our budget - we are not willing to stay in hostiles - and would still want to be in hotels, inns, etc. We will be flying out of the Washington, DC area.
A little bit about us - we are 28 and 30 respectively - both love beaches, pools - water generally - but aren't big nature people. We would obviously want to take in the sights of any country - but nothing like hiking - more general sightseeing and some nightlife. We aren't huge foodies either. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. We had thought we wanted to to London and Dublin - but price wise we aren't sure that's the best choice.
Any advice you can give on where to go on a limited budget with limited time would be greatly appreciated!
Where to go in Europe in July?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins)
- 2 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 3 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 4 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 5 tour guides in rome
- 6 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 7 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 8 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 9 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 10 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 11 Seaside island village in Greece
- 12 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 13 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 14 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 15 7 days in Greece
- 16 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 17 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 18 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 19 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 20 Spain itineraries
- 21 Itinerary Help!
- 22 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 23 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 24 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 25 Scotland