I am planning on traveling to Europe in July with my boyfriend. While I have heard that July is not the best month to go necessarily because of cost (and maybe weather as well) - it is the only time we can travel. We are planning on only going for a week - i.e. Saturday to Sunday (at most).
I am wondering if you all might have suggestions for us of where to travel - we would like to spend less than $2,000 on flights and hotels - and would want to do no more than two cities/countries. Unfortunately, despite our budget - we are not willing to stay in hostiles - and would still want to be in hotels, inns, etc. We will be flying out of the Washington, DC area.
A little bit about us - we are 28 and 30 respectively - both love beaches, pools - water generally - but aren't big nature people. We would obviously want to take in the sights of any country - but nothing like hiking - more general sightseeing and some nightlife. We aren't huge foodies either. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. We had thought we wanted to to London and Dublin - but price wise we aren't sure that's the best choice.
Any advice you can give on where to go on a limited budget with limited time would be greatly appreciated!
Where to go in Europe in July?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 2 What is the best way to get to Frankfurt from Pozieres
- 3 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 4 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 5 Best Way To Pay For the Tube
- 6 Paris and where else?
- 7 Seville - Easter weekend - Delays? Crowds?
- 8 Ugh, plane ticket prices
- 9 choosing seats at La Scala
- 10 Olive oil disaster in 2014
- 11 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 12 Paris Metro accessability for mobility challenged
- 13 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 14 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 15 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 16 Real Mary King's Close Tour in Edinburgh
- 17 Dollhouse furniture
- 18 3 weeks in Sicily
- 19 Help with a short post-cruise stay in (potentially) Sorrento
- 20 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 21 Italy in October
- 22 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 23 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 24 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 25 tipping wait staff and others