I am planning on traveling to Europe in July with my boyfriend. While I have heard that July is not the best month to go necessarily because of cost (and maybe weather as well) - it is the only time we can travel. We are planning on only going for a week - i.e. Saturday to Sunday (at most).
I am wondering if you all might have suggestions for us of where to travel - we would like to spend less than $2,000 on flights and hotels - and would want to do no more than two cities/countries. Unfortunately, despite our budget - we are not willing to stay in hostiles - and would still want to be in hotels, inns, etc. We will be flying out of the Washington, DC area.
A little bit about us - we are 28 and 30 respectively - both love beaches, pools - water generally - but aren't big nature people. We would obviously want to take in the sights of any country - but nothing like hiking - more general sightseeing and some nightlife. We aren't huge foodies either. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. We had thought we wanted to to London and Dublin - but price wise we aren't sure that's the best choice.
Any advice you can give on where to go on a limited budget with limited time would be greatly appreciated!
Where to go in Europe in July?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 2 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 3 Things to do in/around Milan
- 4 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 5 A week in Wengen hiking the Bernese Oberland
- 6 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 7 one-month itinerary -- what am I missing?
- 8 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 9 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 10 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 11 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 12 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 13 michele_d or other visa-free ferry experts
- 14 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 15 Provence or Provence and Dorgogna
- 16 Itinerary help
- 17 Grindelwald vs Lauterbrunnen vs Wengen on November
- 18 South of Switzerland
- 19 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 20 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 21 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 22 Spanish Music
- 23 Now for the Venice hotel
- 24 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 25 Itinerary for Spain