I am planning on traveling to Europe in July with my boyfriend. While I have heard that July is not the best month to go necessarily because of cost (and maybe weather as well) - it is the only time we can travel. We are planning on only going for a week - i.e. Saturday to Sunday (at most).
I am wondering if you all might have suggestions for us of where to travel - we would like to spend less than $2,000 on flights and hotels - and would want to do no more than two cities/countries. Unfortunately, despite our budget - we are not willing to stay in hostiles - and would still want to be in hotels, inns, etc. We will be flying out of the Washington, DC area.
A little bit about us - we are 28 and 30 respectively - both love beaches, pools - water generally - but aren't big nature people. We would obviously want to take in the sights of any country - but nothing like hiking - more general sightseeing and some nightlife. We aren't huge foodies either. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. We had thought we wanted to to London and Dublin - but price wise we aren't sure that's the best choice.
Any advice you can give on where to go on a limited budget with limited time would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thalys seat assignment hassle
- 2 Hours for Accademia -- Florence
- 3 Have I made a mistake in my apartment choice in Paris?
- 4 Amalfi coast 8 days with 4 yr old
- 5 Provence 5 days 4 night (3.5 full days) itinerary
- 6 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 7 Help with recommendations in Croatia
- 8 Firenze Card OR Amici Degli Uffizi Card??
- 9 St. Petersburg plus
- 10 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 11 Honeymoon in Europe Nov-Dec2015
- 12 Day trips from Monaco
- 13 Scandinavia Trip in August
- 14 Scandinavian and Baltic Adventure - our trip report
- 15 More concise itinerary-Rome, Tuscany, Paris
- 16 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 17 Hotel Aiguablava or Parador AB Spain ?
- 18 Paris Visite pass
- 19 Our Paris plans
- 20 Sicily Trip
- 21 Railpass VS Point-to-Point
- 22 Northern Italy - Milan or Italian Lake District
- 23 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 24 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 25 Italy or France with a 15 month old in March?