I'm drafting up the second leg of a European vacation which includes 7 full days and and 7 nights in Italy. It’s the bare bones of a plan – so any information/critique is helpful.
Night 1, Day 1, Night 2, Day 2: Rome
Days 3, 4 and 5: Florence
Day 6 and 7: Venice
I’m going to bullet our main questions here. Please answer any and all that you can or feel free to offer extra input.
1) Is two full days in Rome enough to do the following: Vatican city/catacombs/Colosseum/forum and nice walk around Trevi Fountain/pantheon etc.? Would this be pushing it? Personally, Rome ranks last in our list of cities desired to see and the spots mentioned above are the top things we want to see there.
2) Is there an a better way to travel from Rome to Florence to be able to see the countryside in between? Should we drive ourselves or any recommendations for a bus or train?
3)Would you recommend staying in florence and then staying in venice - or picking a spot in between to stay at?
3) We want to spend the last 5 full days between Florence and Venice. Ideally we'd like to spend one of those days on seeing the countryside around florence. Is this a viable option? A bus tour or something of the like? Or some kind of scooter tour.
4) Other ideas for the itinerary that would make it easier to accomplish? What are we not thinking of? Ways to make it easier?
5) Rent a car or use public transport?
Thanks for any/all help you can provide.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Iceland for Nine Days
- 3 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 4 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 5 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 6 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 7 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 8 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 9 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 10 Rome or Venice first
- 11 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 12 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 15 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 16 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 17 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 18 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 19 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 20 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 21 3 day trip to iceland
- 22 Alitala
- 23 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 24 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more