I'm drafting up the second leg of a European vacation which includes 7 full days and and 7 nights in Italy. It’s the bare bones of a plan – so any information/critique is helpful.
Night 1, Day 1, Night 2, Day 2: Rome
Days 3, 4 and 5: Florence
Day 6 and 7: Venice
I’m going to bullet our main questions here. Please answer any and all that you can or feel free to offer extra input.
1) Is two full days in Rome enough to do the following: Vatican city/catacombs/Colosseum/forum and nice walk around Trevi Fountain/pantheon etc.? Would this be pushing it? Personally, Rome ranks last in our list of cities desired to see and the spots mentioned above are the top things we want to see there.
2) Is there an a better way to travel from Rome to Florence to be able to see the countryside in between? Should we drive ourselves or any recommendations for a bus or train?
3)Would you recommend staying in florence and then staying in venice - or picking a spot in between to stay at?
3) We want to spend the last 5 full days between Florence and Venice. Ideally we'd like to spend one of those days on seeing the countryside around florence. Is this a viable option? A bus tour or something of the like? Or some kind of scooter tour.
4) Other ideas for the itinerary that would make it easier to accomplish? What are we not thinking of? Ways to make it easier?
5) Rent a car or use public transport?
Thanks for any/all help you can provide.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 2 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 3 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 4 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 5 Aix Provence
- 6 Sintra
- 7 Firt time VISA applicant
- 8 Cordoba Overnight?
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 11 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 12 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 13 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 14 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 15 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 16 Murren to Prague
- 17 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 18 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 19 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 20 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 21 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 22 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 23 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 24 Uffizi Phone Number
- 25 lurento sports car rental - anyone?