I'm drafting up the second leg of a European vacation which includes 7 full days and and 7 nights in Italy. It’s the bare bones of a plan – so any information/critique is helpful.
Night 1, Day 1, Night 2, Day 2: Rome
Days 3, 4 and 5: Florence
Day 6 and 7: Venice
I’m going to bullet our main questions here. Please answer any and all that you can or feel free to offer extra input.
1) Is two full days in Rome enough to do the following: Vatican city/catacombs/Colosseum/forum and nice walk around Trevi Fountain/pantheon etc.? Would this be pushing it? Personally, Rome ranks last in our list of cities desired to see and the spots mentioned above are the top things we want to see there.
2) Is there an a better way to travel from Rome to Florence to be able to see the countryside in between? Should we drive ourselves or any recommendations for a bus or train?
3)Would you recommend staying in florence and then staying in venice - or picking a spot in between to stay at?
3) We want to spend the last 5 full days between Florence and Venice. Ideally we'd like to spend one of those days on seeing the countryside around florence. Is this a viable option? A bus tour or something of the like? Or some kind of scooter tour.
4) Other ideas for the itinerary that would make it easier to accomplish? What are we not thinking of? Ways to make it easier?
5) Rent a car or use public transport?
Thanks for any/all help you can provide.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming areas to explore in London
- 2 Stu Tower
- 3 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 4 YIKES!
- 5 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 6 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 7 Drive from MXP to Lake Como (Moltrasio)
- 8 travel around Spain
- 9 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 10 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 11 Madeira-anyone been recently?
- 12 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 13 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 14 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 15 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 16 Labor Day in Paris
- 17 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class
- 18 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 19 Need Mobile phone advice for Italy
- 20 Train up the Jungfrau
- 21 credit and debit cards
- 22 12 days in Western Sicily in April 2017 - itinerary questions
- 23 Almalfi
- 24 hotels in the Eixample district of Barcelona
- 25 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations