My husband and I (from Kentucky, USA) are beginning to plan our 10 year Wedding Anniversary trip and we are wanting to visit the UK (2 weeks). We won't be going until 2016 (month is still debatable based on your all's feedback). I know we have some time to plan, but it's important to me to plan ahead for a trip like this. We will both be 32 years old by the time we travel.
My husband really wants us to hit all 4 countries (England, Wales, Scotland, & Ireland); however, I have been reading some other posts and I'm gathering that 2 weeks is not a realistic amount of time to do so. I have been to London, but that was back in 2002 during the Queen's Jubilee, so of course it was crazy with tourists and there was so much going on, that a lot of it is a blur to me.
With all that said, could anyone give their best idea of an itinerary? I think Wales would be an option to take off if neeed to. In England, my main places to see are London and Newbury to visit Highchlere Castle. We are both Irish and would love to see Ireland as well.
1)Best time of year (for both weather and cost effective)
2) Towns/Cities and Sights to see that you think would be great to visit and keeping our time frame in mind with travel, etc.
We both love history, eating, drinking beer, and just seeing what all these places have to offer.
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England and Wales by public transport
- 2 Norway accessories and must have
- 3 Norway holiday locations
- 4 When to go to Norway for a ski trip?
- 5 Our European adventures
- 6 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 7 Munich restaurant recs
- 8 Auber metro station incident 27.08.16
- 9 Bordeaux TRIP
- 10 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 11 Wearing The Hijab in Slovenia???
- 12 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 13 20 free days of Europe
- 14 Greece in 15 Days
- 15 Adaptors for Belgium
- 16 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 17 Walking Scotland
- 18 Home base for a month in France?
- 19 Train Ticket Help
- 20 Trip report (Lisbon, Doura valley, Marvao, Evora, Algarve)
- 21 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 22 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 23 tablet
- 24 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 25 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona