My husband and I (from Kentucky, USA) are beginning to plan our 10 year Wedding Anniversary trip and we are wanting to visit the UK (2 weeks). We won't be going until 2016 (month is still debatable based on your all's feedback). I know we have some time to plan, but it's important to me to plan ahead for a trip like this. We will both be 32 years old by the time we travel.
My husband really wants us to hit all 4 countries (England, Wales, Scotland, & Ireland); however, I have been reading some other posts and I'm gathering that 2 weeks is not a realistic amount of time to do so. I have been to London, but that was back in 2002 during the Queen's Jubilee, so of course it was crazy with tourists and there was so much going on, that a lot of it is a blur to me.
With all that said, could anyone give their best idea of an itinerary? I think Wales would be an option to take off if neeed to. In England, my main places to see are London and Newbury to visit Highchlere Castle. We are both Irish and would love to see Ireland as well.
1)Best time of year (for both weather and cost effective)
2) Towns/Cities and Sights to see that you think would be great to visit and keeping our time frame in mind with travel, etc.
We both love history, eating, drinking beer, and just seeing what all these places have to offer.
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Vatican tour
- 3 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 4 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 5 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 6 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 7 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 8 London in Winter Report
- 9 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 10 driving from London to Lourdes
- 11 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 12 Italian lake cruise
- 13 Tuscany Itinerary
- 14 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 15 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 16 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 17 Multi Country car Rental
- 18 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 19 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 20 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 21 Couscous
- 22 alcazar question and seville advice
- 23 London is it worth it?
- 24 Lisbon
- 25 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga