My husband and I (from Kentucky, USA) are beginning to plan our 10 year Wedding Anniversary trip and we are wanting to visit the UK (2 weeks). We won't be going until 2016 (month is still debatable based on your all's feedback). I know we have some time to plan, but it's important to me to plan ahead for a trip like this. We will both be 32 years old by the time we travel.
My husband really wants us to hit all 4 countries (England, Wales, Scotland, & Ireland); however, I have been reading some other posts and I'm gathering that 2 weeks is not a realistic amount of time to do so. I have been to London, but that was back in 2002 during the Queen's Jubilee, so of course it was crazy with tourists and there was so much going on, that a lot of it is a blur to me.
With all that said, could anyone give their best idea of an itinerary? I think Wales would be an option to take off if neeed to. In England, my main places to see are London and Newbury to visit Highchlere Castle. We are both Irish and would love to see Ireland as well.
1)Best time of year (for both weather and cost effective)
2) Towns/Cities and Sights to see that you think would be great to visit and keeping our time frame in mind with travel, etc.
We both love history, eating, drinking beer, and just seeing what all these places have to offer.
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 2 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 3 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 4 Sevilla lodging 3 adults 3 kids and things to do
- 5 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 6 강남황제안마o1o-2816-2526↗강남황제서비스안마 강남2:1안마
- 7 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 8 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 9 Italy Trip Report
- 10 One day in milan
- 11 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 12 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 13 What to do in Lefkada, Greece?
- 14 Transportation Question Italy
- 15 London Restaurants
- 16 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 17 Naples, Herculaneum and Capri Early April - recommendations
- 18 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 19 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 20 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 21 Virgin Trains East Coast Punctuality
- 22 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 23 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 24 Charming areas to explore in London
- 25 Scandinavian itinerary sanity check