My husband and I (from Kentucky, USA) are beginning to plan our 10 year Wedding Anniversary trip and we are wanting to visit the UK (2 weeks). We won't be going until 2016 (month is still debatable based on your all's feedback). I know we have some time to plan, but it's important to me to plan ahead for a trip like this. We will both be 32 years old by the time we travel.
My husband really wants us to hit all 4 countries (England, Wales, Scotland, & Ireland); however, I have been reading some other posts and I'm gathering that 2 weeks is not a realistic amount of time to do so. I have been to London, but that was back in 2002 during the Queen's Jubilee, so of course it was crazy with tourists and there was so much going on, that a lot of it is a blur to me.
With all that said, could anyone give their best idea of an itinerary? I think Wales would be an option to take off if neeed to. In England, my main places to see are London and Newbury to visit Highchlere Castle. We are both Irish and would love to see Ireland as well.
1)Best time of year (for both weather and cost effective)
2) Towns/Cities and Sights to see that you think would be great to visit and keeping our time frame in mind with travel, etc.
We both love history, eating, drinking beer, and just seeing what all these places have to offer.
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norway night train questions for Norway in a nutshell
- 2 8 day outdoorsy Itinerary Help (Lake Geneva, Bernese Oberland)
- 3 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 4 First trip to London and Paris, need your comments
- 5 Scotland Highlands
- 6 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 7 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 8 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 9 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 10 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia
- 11 Lazing it in Lisbon; Notes and Rambling Thoughts from and Extended Stay
- 12 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 13 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 14 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 15 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 16 Help/Advice From Irish Locals and Experts
- 17 Lunch restaurant near Modena Acetias
- 18 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 19 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 20 Rome and Venice in December
- 21 Help with a git in Alsace
- 22 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 23 London trip in September
- 24 Paris itinerary.
- 25 Azores - splitting dining bill