My husband and I (from Kentucky, USA) are beginning to plan our 10 year Wedding Anniversary trip and we are wanting to visit the UK (2 weeks). We won't be going until 2016 (month is still debatable based on your all's feedback). I know we have some time to plan, but it's important to me to plan ahead for a trip like this. We will both be 32 years old by the time we travel.
My husband really wants us to hit all 4 countries (England, Wales, Scotland, & Ireland); however, I have been reading some other posts and I'm gathering that 2 weeks is not a realistic amount of time to do so. I have been to London, but that was back in 2002 during the Queen's Jubilee, so of course it was crazy with tourists and there was so much going on, that a lot of it is a blur to me.
With all that said, could anyone give their best idea of an itinerary? I think Wales would be an option to take off if neeed to. In England, my main places to see are London and Newbury to visit Highchlere Castle. We are both Irish and would love to see Ireland as well.
1)Best time of year (for both weather and cost effective)
2) Towns/Cities and Sights to see that you think would be great to visit and keeping our time frame in mind with travel, etc.
We both love history, eating, drinking beer, and just seeing what all these places have to offer.
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris hotel
- 2 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 3 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 4 Spanish food - not that special?
- 5 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 6 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 7 Maximizing Norway time
- 8 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 9 How to travel from Thessaloniki airport to Halkidiki
- 10 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 11 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 12 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 13 NEED AN URGENT LOAN?
- 14 Renting a car in Greece
- 15 Iceland france spain
- 16 Ex-pats with young kids
- 17 Greece
- 18 southeast sicily town as home base
- 19 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 20 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 21 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 22 London with Teens Trip Report
- 23 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 24 Top Tapas Tascas
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!