My husband and I (from Kentucky, USA) are beginning to plan our 10 year Wedding Anniversary trip and we are wanting to visit the UK (2 weeks). We won't be going until 2016 (month is still debatable based on your all's feedback). I know we have some time to plan, but it's important to me to plan ahead for a trip like this. We will both be 32 years old by the time we travel.
My husband really wants us to hit all 4 countries (England, Wales, Scotland, & Ireland); however, I have been reading some other posts and I'm gathering that 2 weeks is not a realistic amount of time to do so. I have been to London, but that was back in 2002 during the Queen's Jubilee, so of course it was crazy with tourists and there was so much going on, that a lot of it is a blur to me.
With all that said, could anyone give their best idea of an itinerary? I think Wales would be an option to take off if neeed to. In England, my main places to see are London and Newbury to visit Highchlere Castle. We are both Irish and would love to see Ireland as well.
1)Best time of year (for both weather and cost effective)
2) Towns/Cities and Sights to see that you think would be great to visit and keeping our time frame in mind with travel, etc.
We both love history, eating, drinking beer, and just seeing what all these places have to offer.
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 visa expired
- 2 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 3 written guide for Olympia
- 4 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 5 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 6 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 7 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 8 Naxos hotel question
- 9 Another "Beware of Cab RipOff" Story
- 10 England and Wales by public transport
- 11 St. Moritz best intermediate skiing
- 12 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 13 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 14 Visiting Carcassonne without a car
- 15 Europe Itinerary
- 16 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 17 Loire Valley itinerary
- 18 Amsterdam/Indonesian restaurants
- 19 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 20 Phone cards
- 21 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 22 Oktoberfest 2016 What to expect
- 23 Pylos to Corinth with two days to spare, perhaps in Arcadia?
- 24 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 25 Transfer in CDG - claim our baggage & do passport control??