My husband and I (from Kentucky, USA) are beginning to plan our 10 year Wedding Anniversary trip and we are wanting to visit the UK (2 weeks). We won't be going until 2016 (month is still debatable based on your all's feedback). I know we have some time to plan, but it's important to me to plan ahead for a trip like this. We will both be 32 years old by the time we travel.
My husband really wants us to hit all 4 countries (England, Wales, Scotland, & Ireland); however, I have been reading some other posts and I'm gathering that 2 weeks is not a realistic amount of time to do so. I have been to London, but that was back in 2002 during the Queen's Jubilee, so of course it was crazy with tourists and there was so much going on, that a lot of it is a blur to me.
With all that said, could anyone give their best idea of an itinerary? I think Wales would be an option to take off if neeed to. In England, my main places to see are London and Newbury to visit Highchlere Castle. We are both Irish and would love to see Ireland as well.
1)Best time of year (for both weather and cost effective)
2) Towns/Cities and Sights to see that you think would be great to visit and keeping our time frame in mind with travel, etc.
We both love history, eating, drinking beer, and just seeing what all these places have to offer.
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy trains question
- 2 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 3 European Championship
- 4 Scotland--transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh city center
- 5 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 6 Two nights with kids in Normandy/Brittany
- 7 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 8 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 9 currency
- 10 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 11 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 12 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 13 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 14 Sagrada Familia-Guide or Audio
- 15 T Mobile Does it Again
- 16 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 17 IN EUROPE - EPISODE THREE - KARLOVY VARY, DRESDEN
- 18 IN EUROPE - EPISODE THREE - KARLOVY VARY, DRESDEN
- 19 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 20 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 21 Sardinia Italian's paradise
- 22 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 23 Reflections on our Trip to Barcelona, Languedoc, Dordogne and Paris
- 24 want to use Iphone in UK and Italy
- 25 Three days in Istanbul in August