My wife and I are traveling to Europe for the first time. We have our flights booked arriving in Prague on 9/18. We plan on spending a couple of days in Prague from there to off to Salzburg and Vienna in Austria, Ljubljana in Slovenia and Budapest. We have our return flight from Budapest on 9/29 back to the states.
My plan was to spend 2 days in Prague and take a train to Salzburg. Then from Salzburg take a train to Ljubljana and from there take a train to Vienna and from there take a train to Budapest and fly out of Budapest. Am i being too ambitious?
Do you think we have enough time to visit all these places? Any ideas on how to arrange the itinerary? We were thinking of getting a Eurail pass for 10 days and make use of trains to the above mentioned cities. Do you think that a rail pass is a good idea or should we book individually? Is it better to book in advance?
Our there any affordable airlines that we can look at to save some travel time?
How many days do you think we should give each place? Is it too many places to visit in 11 days?
Any help, suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated.
We are very excited for the trip and want to make the most of it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Small town near Grenada?
- 2 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 3 20 free days of Europe
- 4 Rome Rental Car
- 5 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 6 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 7 Frankfurt Airport Rail Connection
- 8 Czech Republic, Krakow & Budapest Trip Report
- 9 Berlin restaurant recs
- 10 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 11 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 12 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 13 Spain Road trip Barcelona to San Sebastian June 2017
- 14 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 15 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 16 Buy international calling card OR Smart phone with international minutes?
- 17 NORMANDY TRIPS (+ Madrid)
- 18 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 19 3 days to spend in europe
- 20 Slovakia day trip
- 21 vienna ticket office to buy tickets for opera bastille Paris
- 22 Italy for the first time
- 23 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 24 Budapest on a budget
- 25 Walking stylish sandals/flats
Visiting Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest maybe Ljubljana