My wife and I are traveling to Europe for the first time. We have our flights booked arriving in Prague on 9/18. We plan on spending a couple of days in Prague from there to off to Salzburg and Vienna in Austria, Ljubljana in Slovenia and Budapest. We have our return flight from Budapest on 9/29 back to the states.
My plan was to spend 2 days in Prague and take a train to Salzburg. Then from Salzburg take a train to Ljubljana and from there take a train to Vienna and from there take a train to Budapest and fly out of Budapest. Am i being too ambitious?
Do you think we have enough time to visit all these places? Any ideas on how to arrange the itinerary? We were thinking of getting a Eurail pass for 10 days and make use of trains to the above mentioned cities. Do you think that a rail pass is a good idea or should we book individually? Is it better to book in advance?
Our there any affordable airlines that we can look at to save some travel time?
How many days do you think we should give each place? Is it too many places to visit in 11 days?
Any help, suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated.
We are very excited for the trip and want to make the most of it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2017 Easter in Italy
- 2 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 3 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 4 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 5 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 6 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 7 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 8 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 9 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 10 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 11 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 12 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 13 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 14 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 15 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 16 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 17 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 18 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 19 Towersey, London
- 20 Croatia transportation question.
- 21 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 22 Westerplatte
- 23 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 24 Cutback on Spain trip
- 25 Bernina Express mid-March
Visiting Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest maybe Ljubljana