My wife and I are traveling to Europe for the first time. We have our flights booked arriving in Prague on 9/18. We plan on spending a couple of days in Prague from there to off to Salzburg and Vienna in Austria, Ljubljana in Slovenia and Budapest. We have our return flight from Budapest on 9/29 back to the states.
My plan was to spend 2 days in Prague and take a train to Salzburg. Then from Salzburg take a train to Ljubljana and from there take a train to Vienna and from there take a train to Budapest and fly out of Budapest. Am i being too ambitious?
Do you think we have enough time to visit all these places? Any ideas on how to arrange the itinerary? We were thinking of getting a Eurail pass for 10 days and make use of trains to the above mentioned cities. Do you think that a rail pass is a good idea or should we book individually? Is it better to book in advance?
Our there any affordable airlines that we can look at to save some travel time?
How many days do you think we should give each place? Is it too many places to visit in 11 days?
Any help, suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated.
We are very excited for the trip and want to make the most of it.
Visiting Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest maybe Ljubljana
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Teaching English in Europe or Asia
- 2 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 3 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 4 Amsterdam: the food : tip report day 1
- 5 CNN votes Utrecht the worlds best cycling city
- 6 23 days in Italy - itenerary HELP
- 7 What should we eat in Portugal?
- 8 spain
- 9 Help with Madrid Location
- 10 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 11 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 12 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 13 Cornwall or Paris?
- 14 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 15 2 full days in Paris
- 16 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 17 Good Paris Self-guided Walking Tour Book?
- 18 where to stay dolomites Italy
- 19 There's No Place Like London: Part 2
- 20 Help for San Sebastian
- 21 Need advice on itinerary for Germany
- 22 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 23 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 24 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 25 2 Days in Rome