My wife and I are traveling to Europe for the first time. We have our flights booked arriving in Prague on 9/18. We plan on spending a couple of days in Prague from there to off to Salzburg and Vienna in Austria, Ljubljana in Slovenia and Budapest. We have our return flight from Budapest on 9/29 back to the states.
My plan was to spend 2 days in Prague and take a train to Salzburg. Then from Salzburg take a train to Ljubljana and from there take a train to Vienna and from there take a train to Budapest and fly out of Budapest. Am i being too ambitious?
Do you think we have enough time to visit all these places? Any ideas on how to arrange the itinerary? We were thinking of getting a Eurail pass for 10 days and make use of trains to the above mentioned cities. Do you think that a rail pass is a good idea or should we book individually? Is it better to book in advance?
Our there any affordable airlines that we can look at to save some travel time?
How many days do you think we should give each place? Is it too many places to visit in 11 days?
Any help, suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated.
We are very excited for the trip and want to make the most of it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quizz !
- 2 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 3 Pay attention to your watches !
- 4 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 5 car insurance italy
- 6 Christmas Day in Granada
- 7 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 8 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 9 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 10 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 11 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 12 Venice/Mestre
- 13 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 14 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 15 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 16 9 Days in Spain
- 17 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 18 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 19 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 20 8 Days in Spain
- 21 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 22 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 23 Italy Car Scam
- 24 auto europa or auto europe?
- 25 Barcelona alternative
Visiting Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest maybe Ljubljana