My wife and I are traveling to Europe for the first time. We have our flights booked arriving in Prague on 9/18. We plan on spending a couple of days in Prague from there to off to Salzburg and Vienna in Austria, Ljubljana in Slovenia and Budapest. We have our return flight from Budapest on 9/29 back to the states.
My plan was to spend 2 days in Prague and take a train to Salzburg. Then from Salzburg take a train to Ljubljana and from there take a train to Vienna and from there take a train to Budapest and fly out of Budapest. Am i being too ambitious?
Do you think we have enough time to visit all these places? Any ideas on how to arrange the itinerary? We were thinking of getting a Eurail pass for 10 days and make use of trains to the above mentioned cities. Do you think that a rail pass is a good idea or should we book individually? Is it better to book in advance?
Our there any affordable airlines that we can look at to save some travel time?
How many days do you think we should give each place? Is it too many places to visit in 11 days?
Any help, suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated.
We are very excited for the trip and want to make the most of it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 2 Sankt Goar to Cologne
- 3 Paris in July - side trip to South of France
- 4 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 5 Classical Music in Milan
- 6 Sienna with kids
- 7 12 nights in Greek islands
- 8 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 9 Pera palace hotel Istanbul
- 10 2 Weeks Amsterdam, Belgium, Germany, Salzburg
- 11 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 12 Paris food tours?
- 13 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 14 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 15 Validating train tickets - Germany, Switzwerland
- 16 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 17 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 18 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 19 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 20 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 21 Perugia and Rome by train and bus
- 22 Italy/Switzerland in the fall
- 23 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 24 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
- 25 Athens hotel with - you guessed it - view of the Acropolis
Visiting Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest maybe Ljubljana