My wife and I are traveling to Europe for the first time. We have our flights booked arriving in Prague on 9/18. We plan on spending a couple of days in Prague from there to off to Salzburg and Vienna in Austria, Ljubljana in Slovenia and Budapest. We have our return flight from Budapest on 9/29 back to the states.
My plan was to spend 2 days in Prague and take a train to Salzburg. Then from Salzburg take a train to Ljubljana and from there take a train to Vienna and from there take a train to Budapest and fly out of Budapest. Am i being too ambitious?
Do you think we have enough time to visit all these places? Any ideas on how to arrange the itinerary? We were thinking of getting a Eurail pass for 10 days and make use of trains to the above mentioned cities. Do you think that a rail pass is a good idea or should we book individually? Is it better to book in advance?
Our there any affordable airlines that we can look at to save some travel time?
How many days do you think we should give each place? Is it too many places to visit in 11 days?
Any help, suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated.
We are very excited for the trip and want to make the most of it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 2 France, UK and Ireland
- 3 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 4 Spain and South of France
- 5 Ronda Wine/biking
- 6 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 7 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 8 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 9 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 Andalucia itinerary help
- 12 Santorini lodging
- 13 Germany family road trip help!
- 14 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 15 Overnight at Heathrow
- 16 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 17 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 18 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 19 Prague
- 20 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 21 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 22 9 days in London
- 23 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 24 No Periods in British Written English!
- 25 Milan private guide
Visiting Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest maybe Ljubljana