My wife and I are traveling to Europe for the first time. We have our flights booked arriving in Prague on 9/18. We plan on spending a couple of days in Prague from there to off to Salzburg and Vienna in Austria, Ljubljana in Slovenia and Budapest. We have our return flight from Budapest on 9/29 back to the states.
My plan was to spend 2 days in Prague and take a train to Salzburg. Then from Salzburg take a train to Ljubljana and from there take a train to Vienna and from there take a train to Budapest and fly out of Budapest. Am i being too ambitious?
Do you think we have enough time to visit all these places? Any ideas on how to arrange the itinerary? We were thinking of getting a Eurail pass for 10 days and make use of trains to the above mentioned cities. Do you think that a rail pass is a good idea or should we book individually? Is it better to book in advance?
Our there any affordable airlines that we can look at to save some travel time?
How many days do you think we should give each place? Is it too many places to visit in 11 days?
Any help, suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated.
We are very excited for the trip and want to make the most of it.
Visiting Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest maybe Ljubljana
- 1 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 2 Serbia photo gallery - Belgrade - Novi Sad
- 3 Planning my trip to Italy
- 4 Istanbul Hotels
- 5 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 6 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 7 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 8 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 9 Sardinia and Berlin Itinerary
- 10 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 11 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 12 Paris Hotel for Young Couple
- 13 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 14 East coast trains
- 15 Photos from northern Italy: Venice, Lake Garda, Lake Como
- 16 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 17 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 18 Paris Budget Hotel-Sept 2013 (Single; 100 Euros/night)
- 19 Car Rental Locations
- 20 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 21 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 22 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 23 Spain / fatima - itinerary suggestion 10 days
- 24 Croatia Restaurant Recommendations
- 25 from Loire (Tours) to Amsterdam?