My wife and I are traveling to Europe for the first time. We have our flights booked arriving in Prague on 9/18. We plan on spending a couple of days in Prague from there to off to Salzburg and Vienna in Austria, Ljubljana in Slovenia and Budapest. We have our return flight from Budapest on 9/29 back to the states.
My plan was to spend 2 days in Prague and take a train to Salzburg. Then from Salzburg take a train to Ljubljana and from there take a train to Vienna and from there take a train to Budapest and fly out of Budapest. Am i being too ambitious?
Do you think we have enough time to visit all these places? Any ideas on how to arrange the itinerary? We were thinking of getting a Eurail pass for 10 days and make use of trains to the above mentioned cities. Do you think that a rail pass is a good idea or should we book individually? Is it better to book in advance?
Our there any affordable airlines that we can look at to save some travel time?
How many days do you think we should give each place? Is it too many places to visit in 11 days?
Any help, suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated.
We are very excited for the trip and want to make the most of it.
Visiting Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest maybe Ljubljana
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Toulouse and beyond -
- 2 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 3 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 4 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 5 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 6 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 7 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 8 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 9 Seville hotels
- 10 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 11 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 12 Italy
- 13 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 14 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 15 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 16 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 17 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 18 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 19 Reims for a day
- 20 Lavender Fields
- 21 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 22 Munich
- 23 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 24 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 25 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?