My wife and I are traveling to Europe for the first time. We have our flights booked arriving in Prague on 9/18. We plan on spending a couple of days in Prague from there to off to Salzburg and Vienna in Austria, Ljubljana in Slovenia and Budapest. We have our return flight from Budapest on 9/29 back to the states.
My plan was to spend 2 days in Prague and take a train to Salzburg. Then from Salzburg take a train to Ljubljana and from there take a train to Vienna and from there take a train to Budapest and fly out of Budapest. Am i being too ambitious?
Do you think we have enough time to visit all these places? Any ideas on how to arrange the itinerary? We were thinking of getting a Eurail pass for 10 days and make use of trains to the above mentioned cities. Do you think that a rail pass is a good idea or should we book individually? Is it better to book in advance?
Our there any affordable airlines that we can look at to save some travel time?
How many days do you think we should give each place? Is it too many places to visit in 11 days?
Any help, suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated.
We are very excited for the trip and want to make the most of it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy - rental car damages query
- 2 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 3 Flights between Rome, Paris, London- I have questions!
- 4 20 Days in Europe
- 5 Another strong earthquake in central Italy
- 6 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.
- 7 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 8 Farmhouse stay in Ireland?
- 9 Travel vs. Babies
- 10 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 11 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 12 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 13 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 14 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 15 Verona and Lake Garda
- 16 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 17 European Cooking Secrets
- 18 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 19 Luggage allowance internal connection to international
- 20 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 21 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 22 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 23 CDG much improved
- 24 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 25 London's Must Sights!
Visiting Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest maybe Ljubljana