I am visiting Florence for 5 days in early August and would like to make 1 or more day trips to the countryside. Is it possible to visit Chianti (wine tasting) and Siena in the same day? Or should I do a day for each? I like a relaxed pace (wine tasting, picnic, exploring, etc) versus a fast pace. I won't have a car so am considering taking the bus. Can you wine taste without a tour? I really enjoy visiting the wineries and enjoying the countryside vs. wine tasting in an enoteca. Do tour prices include the wine tasting? Can you wine taste in Chianti without a car? Are there certain days to avoid, for instance are most things open in Siena/Chianti on Sundays/Mondays?
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 2 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 3 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 4 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 5 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 6 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 7 Matera tour guide wanted
- 8 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 9 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 10 Service dog
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 13 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 14 Scottish National Museum of Rural Life
- 15 Coastal Denmark
- 16 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 17 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 18 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 19 Iceland
- 20 Help with my southern Spain itinerary please!
- 21 croatia and slovenia 29/10 - 06/11
- 22 base for Andalucia
- 23 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 24 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 25 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco