I am visiting Florence for 5 days in early August and would like to make 1 or more day trips to the countryside. Is it possible to visit Chianti (wine tasting) and Siena in the same day? Or should I do a day for each? I like a relaxed pace (wine tasting, picnic, exploring, etc) versus a fast pace. I won't have a car so am considering taking the bus. Can you wine taste without a tour? I really enjoy visiting the wineries and enjoying the countryside vs. wine tasting in an enoteca. Do tour prices include the wine tasting? Can you wine taste in Chianti without a car? Are there certain days to avoid, for instance are most things open in Siena/Chianti on Sundays/Mondays?
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 3 We're here!
- 4 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 5 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 6 10 days in Paris and......
- 7 Budapest & Prague
- 8 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 9 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 10 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 11 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 12 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 13 driving from ancona to rome
- 14 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 15 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 16 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 17 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 18 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 19 Car Hire in Croatia, any recommendations?
- 20 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 21 Itinerary Help - ?Prague, Austria, Italy
- 22 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 23 Swiss Travel Pass
- 24 Athens
- 25 Please critique my itinerary in Italy