I am going to Europe in a month and would like to spend four days in Austria. I will be leaving from Lucerne, Switzerland and would prefer to take the train versus fly. I will have 4 days total to spend in Austria (including basically one day of travel time) so I'm wondering if I can only pick between Vienna or Salzburg which one you would recommend.
Granted, both are LONG trips from Lucerne which I'm not overly excited about (about 6 hours to Salzburg or 9 to Vienna) but if Vienna is a much better place to stay in then I'm willing to put up with an extra couple of hours on the train. Please let me know what your experiences are of the cities and which one was your favorite .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 2 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 3 If your site isn't working because of the update, just take it offline
- 4 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 5 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 6 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 7 Greece
- 8 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 9 Hiking lake Como
- 10 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 11 Renting a car in Greece
- 12 Prem fares (again)
- 13 tickets for Wimbledon
- 14 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 15 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 16 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 17 Iceland, france spain
- 18 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 19 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 20 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 21 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 22 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 23 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 24 Road Trip: 4 Weeks from Puglia to Le Marche
- 25 First steps for Russian trip planning