I am going to Europe in a month and would like to spend four days in Austria. I will be leaving from Lucerne, Switzerland and would prefer to take the train versus fly. I will have 4 days total to spend in Austria (including basically one day of travel time) so I'm wondering if I can only pick between Vienna or Salzburg which one you would recommend.
Granted, both are LONG trips from Lucerne which I'm not overly excited about (about 6 hours to Salzburg or 9 to Vienna) but if Vienna is a much better place to stay in then I'm willing to put up with an extra couple of hours on the train. Please let me know what your experiences are of the cities and which one was your favorite .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://rhinorx90eveningblog.com/evermax/
- 2 First trip to Italy
- 3 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 4 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 5 If you had to choose one......
- 6 Granada to Madrid
- 7 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 8 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 9 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 10 House Hunting in France
- 11 9 days and nights in Switzerland
- 12 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 13 Driving in Italy?
- 14 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 15 BARDENAS REALES, Unesco site and national park in Navarra
- 16 Croatia trip Planning
- 17 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 18 So much to do, so little time!
- 19 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 20 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 21 English Countryside
- 22 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 23 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 24 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 25 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?