I am going to Europe in a month and would like to spend four days in Austria. I will be leaving from Lucerne, Switzerland and would prefer to take the train versus fly. I will have 4 days total to spend in Austria (including basically one day of travel time) so I'm wondering if I can only pick between Vienna or Salzburg which one you would recommend.
Granted, both are LONG trips from Lucerne which I'm not overly excited about (about 6 hours to Salzburg or 9 to Vienna) but if Vienna is a much better place to stay in then I'm willing to put up with an extra couple of hours on the train. Please let me know what your experiences are of the cities and which one was your favorite .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 2 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 3 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 4 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 5 Traveling to Puglia in July
- 6 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 7 Puglia itinerary - need help!
- 8 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 9 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 10 Amalfi or Positano
- 11 Croatia travel ideas
- 12 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 13 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 14 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 15 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 16 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 17 Public Transport information App/Website
- 18 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 19 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 20 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 21 church / cathedral (organ/classic music) concerts in Granada/Seville ?
- 22 12 Days in Italy
- 23 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 24 Romantic snowy mountain getaway to propose to my girlfriend
- 25 house exchange