I am going to Europe in a month and would like to spend four days in Austria. I will be leaving from Lucerne, Switzerland and would prefer to take the train versus fly. I will have 4 days total to spend in Austria (including basically one day of travel time) so I'm wondering if I can only pick between Vienna or Salzburg which one you would recommend.
Granted, both are LONG trips from Lucerne which I'm not overly excited about (about 6 hours to Salzburg or 9 to Vienna) but if Vienna is a much better place to stay in then I'm willing to put up with an extra couple of hours on the train. Please let me know what your experiences are of the cities and which one was your favorite .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 3 10 day travel itinerary with a 3 year old. please comment. Month of MAy
- 4 Self drive tour companies
- 5 Rouen Tour Companies
- 6 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 7 Andalucia itinerary help
- 8 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 9 St Denis Cathedral
- 10 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 11 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 12 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 13 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 14 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 15 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 16 Ireland itinerary help please
- 17 No Periods in British Written English!
- 18 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 19 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 20 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 21 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 22 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 23 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 24 First time in Bulgaria
- 25 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada