I am going to Europe in a month and would like to spend four days in Austria. I will be leaving from Lucerne, Switzerland and would prefer to take the train versus fly. I will have 4 days total to spend in Austria (including basically one day of travel time) so I'm wondering if I can only pick between Vienna or Salzburg which one you would recommend.
Granted, both are LONG trips from Lucerne which I'm not overly excited about (about 6 hours to Salzburg or 9 to Vienna) but if Vienna is a much better place to stay in then I'm willing to put up with an extra couple of hours on the train. Please let me know what your experiences are of the cities and which one was your favorite .
Vienna or Salzburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 2 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 3 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 4 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 5 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 6 Madrid and London
- 7 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 8 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 9 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 10 Unique Venice Activity
- 11 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 12 Chip but no PIN
- 13 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 14 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 15 Excursions from Dubrovnik--wine/olive oil tasting, sailing/boat tours
- 16 car rental advice in Portugal
- 17 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 18 What to wear
- 19 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 20 Small group for Colosseum
- 21 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 22 Lofoten ferry
- 23 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 24 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 25 Duoro river cruises