I am going to Europe in a month and would like to spend four days in Austria. I will be leaving from Lucerne, Switzerland and would prefer to take the train versus fly. I will have 4 days total to spend in Austria (including basically one day of travel time) so I'm wondering if I can only pick between Vienna or Salzburg which one you would recommend.
Granted, both are LONG trips from Lucerne which I'm not overly excited about (about 6 hours to Salzburg or 9 to Vienna) but if Vienna is a much better place to stay in then I'm willing to put up with an extra couple of hours on the train. Please let me know what your experiences are of the cities and which one was your favorite .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 2 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 3 The herbs in pure slim 365
- 4 Great Fare Sale Emirate Air
- 5 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 6 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 7 Route des Vins
- 8 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 9 2 days in Florence
- 10 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 11 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 12 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 13 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 14 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 15 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 16 base for Andalucia
- 17 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 20 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 21 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 22 Windsor Castle
- 23 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 24 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 25 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer