I am going to Europe in a month and would like to spend four days in Austria. I will be leaving from Lucerne, Switzerland and would prefer to take the train versus fly. I will have 4 days total to spend in Austria (including basically one day of travel time) so I'm wondering if I can only pick between Vienna or Salzburg which one you would recommend.
Granted, both are LONG trips from Lucerne which I'm not overly excited about (about 6 hours to Salzburg or 9 to Vienna) but if Vienna is a much better place to stay in then I'm willing to put up with an extra couple of hours on the train. Please let me know what your experiences are of the cities and which one was your favorite .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice/Mestre
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Transylvania - June 2018
- 4 Italy Car Scam
- 5 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 6 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 7 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 8 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 9 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 10 Krakow
- 11 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 12 Quizz !
- 13 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 14 Pay attention to your watches !
- 15 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 16 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 19 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 20 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 21 9 Days in Spain
- 22 Iceland early december visit
- 23 Zurich to Milan trip
- 24 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 25 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May