I am going to Europe in a month and would like to spend four days in Austria. I will be leaving from Lucerne, Switzerland and would prefer to take the train versus fly. I will have 4 days total to spend in Austria (including basically one day of travel time) so I'm wondering if I can only pick between Vienna or Salzburg which one you would recommend.
Granted, both are LONG trips from Lucerne which I'm not overly excited about (about 6 hours to Salzburg or 9 to Vienna) but if Vienna is a much better place to stay in then I'm willing to put up with an extra couple of hours on the train. Please let me know what your experiences are of the cities and which one was your favorite .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Genoa to Rome...
- 2 Dentix in Spain
- 3 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 4 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 5 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 6 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 7 First trip - destination advice!
- 8 How big backpack do I need?
- 9 Norway Itinerary and recommendations?
- 10 Munich Under Attack...
- 11 Trip Report: Bergen-Andalsnes-Oslo (June/July 2016)
- 12 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 13 Spain in November
- 14 Stonehenge and Bath
- 15 Path of the Gods Question
- 16 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
- 17 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 18 Should I speculate?
- 19 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 20 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 21 Prague on a budget...
- 22 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 23 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 24 Le Marche Sept./Oct.
- 25 Help with 2nd European Spot