I am going to Europe in a month and would like to spend four days in Austria. I will be leaving from Lucerne, Switzerland and would prefer to take the train versus fly. I will have 4 days total to spend in Austria (including basically one day of travel time) so I'm wondering if I can only pick between Vienna or Salzburg which one you would recommend.
Granted, both are LONG trips from Lucerne which I'm not overly excited about (about 6 hours to Salzburg or 9 to Vienna) but if Vienna is a much better place to stay in then I'm willing to put up with an extra couple of hours on the train. Please let me know what your experiences are of the cities and which one was your favorite .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy - rental car damages query
- 2 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 3 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 4 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 5 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 6 CDG much improved
- 7 European Cooking Secrets
- 8 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 9 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 10 London's Must Sights!
- 11 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 12 Venice & Bellagio Trip Report
- 13 20 Days in Europe
- 14 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 15 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 16 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 17 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 18 TGV from Paris to Vienna?
- 19 Luggage allowance internal connection to international
- 20 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 21 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 22 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 23 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 24 Europe in late January
- 25 Spain for 2 weeks in April but what parts?