My husband and I are planning a trip to the UK.We are in our mid 60's and planning our trip for May of this year. We are from Illinois. We are planning for 3 week stay with one week being a canal cruise. We have never done a narrowboat before and we are asking for any help people can give. It will be just the 2 of us so thinking a relatively easy tour, not too many locks, and scenic. We have not picked a canal tour. One of the areas we plan to visit is Wales and possibly the lake areas. We have been to England before but only visited London, Bath and the Cotswalds. Would appreciate knowing how others have enjoyed the canals, how comfortable the boats are, easy to handle, etc. We need to know the ins and outs of making our selection. How to pick the boat is most important, both the particular boat and the boat company. We will be eating some meals on board. What is it like if it rains a lot?? Can we dock and then walk into town? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Uk Canal Cruise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Terrorism in Europe
- 2 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 3 Grad Schools in London?
- 4 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 5 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 6 Mama Mia Italy!
- 7 Chasing the Tour de France 2014
- 8 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 9 Paris in black and white
- 10 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 11 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 12 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 13 Day trips from Bologna
- 14 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 15 Best time of day to get tickets to the Anne Frank Haus?
- 16 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 17 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 18 How did YOU get to Puglia?
- 19 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 20 Vicenza day trip - can we walk everywhere?
- 21 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 22 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 23 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 24 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 25 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig