My husband and I are planning a trip to the UK.We are in our mid 60's and planning our trip for May of this year. We are from Illinois. We are planning for 3 week stay with one week being a canal cruise. We have never done a narrowboat before and we are asking for any help people can give. It will be just the 2 of us so thinking a relatively easy tour, not too many locks, and scenic. We have not picked a canal tour. One of the areas we plan to visit is Wales and possibly the lake areas. We have been to England before but only visited London, Bath and the Cotswalds. Would appreciate knowing how others have enjoyed the canals, how comfortable the boats are, easy to handle, etc. We need to know the ins and outs of making our selection. How to pick the boat is most important, both the particular boat and the boat company. We will be eating some meals on board. What is it like if it rains a lot?? Can we dock and then walk into town? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Uk Canal Cruise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Small group for Colosseum
- 2 European Jazz Festivals (2015)?
- 3 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 4 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 5 Gargano Promontory
- 6 Fjords, How To?
- 7 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 8 London visit
- 9 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 10 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 11 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 12 Any knowledge of the Kavouri - Vouliagmeni (Athens Suburbs) Greece
- 13 Breaking out of the Nutshell: Oslo, Bergen, the Sognefjord and Copenhagen
- 14 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 15 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 16 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 17 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 18 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 19 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 20 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 21 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 22 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 23 Would someone critique my food/drinking itinerary for St. Petersburg?
- 24 Duoro river cruises
- 25 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)