My husband and I are planning a trip to the UK.We are in our mid 60's and planning our trip for May of this year. We are from Illinois. We are planning for 3 week stay with one week being a canal cruise. We have never done a narrowboat before and we are asking for any help people can give. It will be just the 2 of us so thinking a relatively easy tour, not too many locks, and scenic. We have not picked a canal tour. One of the areas we plan to visit is Wales and possibly the lake areas. We have been to England before but only visited London, Bath and the Cotswalds. Would appreciate knowing how others have enjoyed the canals, how comfortable the boats are, easy to handle, etc. We need to know the ins and outs of making our selection. How to pick the boat is most important, both the particular boat and the boat company. We will be eating some meals on board. What is it like if it rains a lot?? Can we dock and then walk into town? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Uk Canal Cruise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Majorca - where to stay?
- 2 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 3 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 4 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 5 Spending money in Italy?
- 6 Driving Holiday Austria-Switzerland-Italy/Germany-Austria
- 7 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 8 Train pass for travel in Italy, France, and Netherlands??
- 9 Thello Train Ticket - Oct 11 - Paris to Venice - "temporarily closed"
- 10 How to make this adventure work?
- 11 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 12 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 13 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 14 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 15 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 16 I went to Paris in June
- 17 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 18 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 19 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 20 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 21 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 22 where to stay in Germany
- 23 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 24 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 25 Stay away from EF Tours