My husband and I are planning a trip to the UK.We are in our mid 60's and planning our trip for May of this year. We are from Illinois. We are planning for 3 week stay with one week being a canal cruise. We have never done a narrowboat before and we are asking for any help people can give. It will be just the 2 of us so thinking a relatively easy tour, not too many locks, and scenic. We have not picked a canal tour. One of the areas we plan to visit is Wales and possibly the lake areas. We have been to England before but only visited London, Bath and the Cotswalds. Would appreciate knowing how others have enjoyed the canals, how comfortable the boats are, easy to handle, etc. We need to know the ins and outs of making our selection. How to pick the boat is most important, both the particular boat and the boat company. We will be eating some meals on board. What is it like if it rains a lot?? Can we dock and then walk into town? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Uk Canal Cruise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Limavady, Ireland?? Where is it?
- 2 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 3 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 4 Prague, Krakow, Budapest and Vienna
- 5 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 6 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 7 Kids in Pubs -- N Ireland and Ireland
- 8 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 9 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 10 Is Venice really dirty?
- 11 Christmas in London
- 12 Autumn in Paris
- 13 Updated ATM info for Greece and Turkey
- 14 Norway Advice
- 15 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 16 Travel from London Heathrow to Belfast or Dublin
- 17 Winter in Paris
- 18 Stay in 1 Place or Multiple
- 19 Transportation or Driver recommendations / experiences Ireland/ N Ireland
- 20 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 21 Is this enough time for Canterbury, Beachy Head, and Dover?
- 22 Review of 4.5 days in London
- 23 Need help with Baltics trip.
- 24 Restaurants Venice, Rome, and Florence
- 25 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!