My husband and I are planning a trip to the UK.We are in our mid 60's and planning our trip for May of this year. We are from Illinois. We are planning for 3 week stay with one week being a canal cruise. We have never done a narrowboat before and we are asking for any help people can give. It will be just the 2 of us so thinking a relatively easy tour, not too many locks, and scenic. We have not picked a canal tour. One of the areas we plan to visit is Wales and possibly the lake areas. We have been to England before but only visited London, Bath and the Cotswalds. Would appreciate knowing how others have enjoyed the canals, how comfortable the boats are, easy to handle, etc. We need to know the ins and outs of making our selection. How to pick the boat is most important, both the particular boat and the boat company. We will be eating some meals on board. What is it like if it rains a lot?? Can we dock and then walk into town? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Uk Canal Cruise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 2 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 3 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 4 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 5 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 6 7 days in Greece
- 7 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 8 Hotel in Venice
- 9 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 10 What area to stay in Rome, Florence, and Venice?
- 11 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 12 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 13 Swiss rail passes
- 14 Zurich, Switzerland
- 15 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 16 London day trips, especially castles
- 17 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 18 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 19 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 20 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 21 Day trips from Marseille
- 22 Trip to/involving Spain/Provence - preliminary ideas?
- 23 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 24 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 25 A drive in Europe