My husband and I are planning a trip to the UK.We are in our mid 60's and planning our trip for May of this year. We are from Illinois. We are planning for 3 week stay with one week being a canal cruise. We have never done a narrowboat before and we are asking for any help people can give. It will be just the 2 of us so thinking a relatively easy tour, not too many locks, and scenic. We have not picked a canal tour. One of the areas we plan to visit is Wales and possibly the lake areas. We have been to England before but only visited London, Bath and the Cotswalds. Would appreciate knowing how others have enjoyed the canals, how comfortable the boats are, easy to handle, etc. We need to know the ins and outs of making our selection. How to pick the boat is most important, both the particular boat and the boat company. We will be eating some meals on board. What is it like if it rains a lot?? Can we dock and then walk into town? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Uk Canal Cruise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 2 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 3 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 4 How much luggage?????
- 5 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 6 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 7 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 8 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 9 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 10 Vienna State Opera Tickets
- 11 Madrid: Flamenco
- 12 Madrid: City Views
- 13 Anyone used London Connections to book an apartment in London?
- 14 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 15 German Rail Twin Pass
- 16 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 17 ITALO trains need help
- 18 London restaurants
- 19 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 20 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 21 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 22 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 23 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 24 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 25 Berlin Recommendations & Trip Highlights