My husband and I are planning a trip to the UK.We are in our mid 60's and planning our trip for May of this year. We are from Illinois. We are planning for 3 week stay with one week being a canal cruise. We have never done a narrowboat before and we are asking for any help people can give. It will be just the 2 of us so thinking a relatively easy tour, not too many locks, and scenic. We have not picked a canal tour. One of the areas we plan to visit is Wales and possibly the lake areas. We have been to England before but only visited London, Bath and the Cotswalds. Would appreciate knowing how others have enjoyed the canals, how comfortable the boats are, easy to handle, etc. We need to know the ins and outs of making our selection. How to pick the boat is most important, both the particular boat and the boat company. We will be eating some meals on board. What is it like if it rains a lot?? Can we dock and then walk into town? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Uk Canal Cruise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cookware in France
- 2 Taormina & Mt Etna
- 3 700 die off Italian coast in boat accident.
- 4 Transportation advice between Seville-Ronda, Granada-Cordoba
- 5 Russian Visa Question
- 6 travel insurance
- 7 St. Petersburg
- 8 Restaurants in San Sebastian
- 9 Private transfer from Oslo Cruise Port to the Airport with a half day tour
- 10 Student with no visa: Will I be denied re-entry into Germany???
- 11 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 12 Please suffer one more London travelcard question
- 13 Satisfying sweet tooth in Scotland
- 14 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 15 TR- A jaunt to Paris March 15
- 16 Madrid
- 17 Stops on a 1 week car tour from Athens
- 18 hotel near Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen
- 19 Minimum age to rent a hotel or hostel room
- 20 Help for Last 3 days in Ireland!! One of these days is Dublin!!
- 21 Euro Travel Quiz - # 1-A
- 22 Athens, Greece, hotel recommendations
- 23 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 24 Ideas on what to do for Granddaughter's 12th Birthday in London
- 25 travel in Spain or France from Barcelona or Madrid