My husband and I are planning a trip to the UK.We are in our mid 60's and planning our trip for May of this year. We are from Illinois. We are planning for 3 week stay with one week being a canal cruise. We have never done a narrowboat before and we are asking for any help people can give. It will be just the 2 of us so thinking a relatively easy tour, not too many locks, and scenic. We have not picked a canal tour. One of the areas we plan to visit is Wales and possibly the lake areas. We have been to England before but only visited London, Bath and the Cotswalds. Would appreciate knowing how others have enjoyed the canals, how comfortable the boats are, easy to handle, etc. We need to know the ins and outs of making our selection. How to pick the boat is most important, both the particular boat and the boat company. We will be eating some meals on board. What is it like if it rains a lot?? Can we dock and then walk into town? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Uk Canal Cruise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 2 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 3 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 4 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 5 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 6 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 7 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 8 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 9 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 10 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 11 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 12 Where should I go (4 days after work week in London)
- 13 Scuol, Switzerland
- 14 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 15 2 Weeks in Paris
- 16 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 17 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 18 Dolomites in May? Worth it?
- 19 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 20 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 21 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 22 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 23 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 24 Internet or travel agent?
- 25 Raining in rome