My husband and I are planning a trip to the UK.We are in our mid 60's and planning our trip for May of this year. We are from Illinois. We are planning for 3 week stay with one week being a canal cruise. We have never done a narrowboat before and we are asking for any help people can give. It will be just the 2 of us so thinking a relatively easy tour, not too many locks, and scenic. We have not picked a canal tour. One of the areas we plan to visit is Wales and possibly the lake areas. We have been to England before but only visited London, Bath and the Cotswalds. Would appreciate knowing how others have enjoyed the canals, how comfortable the boats are, easy to handle, etc. We need to know the ins and outs of making our selection. How to pick the boat is most important, both the particular boat and the boat company. We will be eating some meals on board. What is it like if it rains a lot?? Can we dock and then walk into town? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Uk Canal Cruise
View all Europe activity »
- 1 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 2 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 3 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 4 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 5 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 6 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 7 Naples on Christmas Eve--Beluga Bar or George's?
- 8 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 9 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 10 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 11 First time traveler to Ireland
- 12 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 13 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 14 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 15 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 16 Prague - must see
- 17 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 18 Spain - Andalucia
- 19 Car in Prague
- 20 Euro Train
- 21 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 22 Need info on smoking in Dijon area
- 23 Lucerne & Zurich
- 24 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 25 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip