My husband and I are planning a trip to the UK.We are in our mid 60's and planning our trip for May of this year. We are from Illinois. We are planning for 3 week stay with one week being a canal cruise. We have never done a narrowboat before and we are asking for any help people can give. It will be just the 2 of us so thinking a relatively easy tour, not too many locks, and scenic. We have not picked a canal tour. One of the areas we plan to visit is Wales and possibly the lake areas. We have been to England before but only visited London, Bath and the Cotswalds. Would appreciate knowing how others have enjoyed the canals, how comfortable the boats are, easy to handle, etc. We need to know the ins and outs of making our selection. How to pick the boat is most important, both the particular boat and the boat company. We will be eating some meals on board. What is it like if it rains a lot?? Can we dock and then walk into town? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Uk Canal Cruise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe in 21 days
- 2 London hotel
- 3 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace
- 4 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 5 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 6 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 7 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 8 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 9 Hotel in Venice
- 10 hotels in Seville
- 11 London tube
- 12 7 days in Greece
- 13 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 14 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 15 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 16 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 17 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 18 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 19 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 20 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 21 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 22 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 23 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 24 Berlin/Prague Itinerary Too Much, Too Little?
- 25 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba