My husband and I are planning a trip to the UK.We are in our mid 60's and planning our trip for May of this year. We are from Illinois. We are planning for 3 week stay with one week being a canal cruise. We have never done a narrowboat before and we are asking for any help people can give. It will be just the 2 of us so thinking a relatively easy tour, not too many locks, and scenic. We have not picked a canal tour. One of the areas we plan to visit is Wales and possibly the lake areas. We have been to England before but only visited London, Bath and the Cotswalds. Would appreciate knowing how others have enjoyed the canals, how comfortable the boats are, easy to handle, etc. We need to know the ins and outs of making our selection. How to pick the boat is most important, both the particular boat and the boat company. We will be eating some meals on board. What is it like if it rains a lot?? Can we dock and then walk into town? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Uk Canal Cruise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Brussels, Copenhagan, Stockholm
- 2 Amsterdam... Hotel recommendations and must sees
- 3 Day Trips by Train from Bologna: Florence, Faenza, Ravenna
- 4 11:00 am flight from Rome & my husband
- 5 Driver/Car Transfer from Pisa to Cinque Terre
- 6 Restaurant recommendations in Copenhagen
- 7 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 8 Best way to travel between Heathrow and Paris
- 9 Paris Bastille Day
- 10 River Cruise
- 11 Potential trip - Balkans
- 12 car rental agency
- 13 Italy for 5 nights!
- 14 Advice on Romania Itinerary
- 15 Castle/Abbey Ruins in Wales - Night Access
- 16 scotland trave;
- 17 Paris Art Galleries
- 18 Nuremberg on a Business Trip
- 19 3 Full Days in Paris... What are the must sees?
- 20 Amsterdam Hotel or B&B Recommendation
- 21 Croatia help
- 22 Accommodation
- 23 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 24 9 Nights: Venice, AC, and Rome first timer help!!!
- 25 Stockholmsmässan Exhibition and Convention Center to nearest airport