My husband and I are planning a trip to the UK.We are in our mid 60's and planning our trip for May of this year. We are from Illinois. We are planning for 3 week stay with one week being a canal cruise. We have never done a narrowboat before and we are asking for any help people can give. It will be just the 2 of us so thinking a relatively easy tour, not too many locks, and scenic. We have not picked a canal tour. One of the areas we plan to visit is Wales and possibly the lake areas. We have been to England before but only visited London, Bath and the Cotswalds. Would appreciate knowing how others have enjoyed the canals, how comfortable the boats are, easy to handle, etc. We need to know the ins and outs of making our selection. How to pick the boat is most important, both the particular boat and the boat company. We will be eating some meals on board. What is it like if it rains a lot?? Can we dock and then walk into town? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Uk Canal Cruise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 2 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 3 Madrid apartments
- 4 flea markets in France
- 5 London neighborhood suggestions
- 6 Two days to spend in northern Spain traveling by car
- 7 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 8 I need a haircut
- 9 What to wear
- 10 Timing a river cruise
- 11 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 12 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 13 We Need a Pact
- 14 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 15 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 16 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 17 Tipping in Greece
- 18 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 19 Honeymooning in Europe
- 20 Southern France
- 21 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 22 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 23 Spain tips beyond safety
- 24 Small group for Colosseum
- 25 American electrical gadgets