My husband and I are planning a trip to the UK.We are in our mid 60's and planning our trip for May of this year. We are from Illinois. We are planning for 3 week stay with one week being a canal cruise. We have never done a narrowboat before and we are asking for any help people can give. It will be just the 2 of us so thinking a relatively easy tour, not too many locks, and scenic. We have not picked a canal tour. One of the areas we plan to visit is Wales and possibly the lake areas. We have been to England before but only visited London, Bath and the Cotswalds. Would appreciate knowing how others have enjoyed the canals, how comfortable the boats are, easy to handle, etc. We need to know the ins and outs of making our selection. How to pick the boat is most important, both the particular boat and the boat company. We will be eating some meals on board. What is it like if it rains a lot?? Can we dock and then walk into town? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Uk Canal Cruise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 2 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 3 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 4 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 5 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 6 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 7 All Set To Go!!
- 8 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 9 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 10 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 11 Which european city?
- 12 Southern Spain
- 13 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 14 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 15 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 16 Scotland November 2015
- 17 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 18 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 19 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 20 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 21 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 22 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 23 Italy Countryside
- 24 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 25 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)