My husband and I are planning a trip to the UK.We are in our mid 60's and planning our trip for May of this year. We are from Illinois. We are planning for 3 week stay with one week being a canal cruise. We have never done a narrowboat before and we are asking for any help people can give. It will be just the 2 of us so thinking a relatively easy tour, not too many locks, and scenic. We have not picked a canal tour. One of the areas we plan to visit is Wales and possibly the lake areas. We have been to England before but only visited London, Bath and the Cotswalds. Would appreciate knowing how others have enjoyed the canals, how comfortable the boats are, easy to handle, etc. We need to know the ins and outs of making our selection. How to pick the boat is most important, both the particular boat and the boat company. We will be eating some meals on board. What is it like if it rains a lot?? Can we dock and then walk into town? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Uk Canal Cruise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Exquisite side trip from Cinque Terre?
- 2 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 3 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 4 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 5 Car rental at Athens airport
- 6 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 7 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 8 Is the roof of La Grande Arche de la Défense open yet?
- 9 Sea side in Italy
- 10 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 11 Question About Belgiun Train Travel
- 12 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 13 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 14 Single Malts
- 15 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 16 To include Florence or Not....A Venice, (maybe Florence), and Rome trip
- 17 Apartments in Rome you have rented and liked
- 18 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf
- 19 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 20 2-week Central/Eastern Europe itinerary questions
- 21 5 days in France-What do we do!?
- 22 Neuschwanstein to Linderhof by car
- 23 Help with Lucerne in April
- 24 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 25 Paris: Best Baguette of 2015