My husband and I are planning a trip to the UK.We are in our mid 60's and planning our trip for May of this year. We are from Illinois. We are planning for 3 week stay with one week being a canal cruise. We have never done a narrowboat before and we are asking for any help people can give. It will be just the 2 of us so thinking a relatively easy tour, not too many locks, and scenic. We have not picked a canal tour. One of the areas we plan to visit is Wales and possibly the lake areas. We have been to England before but only visited London, Bath and the Cotswalds. Would appreciate knowing how others have enjoyed the canals, how comfortable the boats are, easy to handle, etc. We need to know the ins and outs of making our selection. How to pick the boat is most important, both the particular boat and the boat company. We will be eating some meals on board. What is it like if it rains a lot?? Can we dock and then walk into town? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Uk Canal Cruise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 2 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 3 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 4 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 5 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 6 Burgundy in May
- 7 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 8 A Greek sojourn
- 9 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 10 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 11 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 12 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 13 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 14 Autumn in Paris
- 15 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 16 Is Venice really dirty?
- 17 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 18 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 19 Weekend in Norfolk
- 20 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 21 Updated ATM info for Greece and Turkey
- 22 Spain, best travel route between Madrid & Barcelona?
- 23 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 24 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 25 If you are looking for a good restaurant in Lisbon..