My husband and I are planning a trip to the UK.We are in our mid 60's and planning our trip for May of this year. We are from Illinois. We are planning for 3 week stay with one week being a canal cruise. We have never done a narrowboat before and we are asking for any help people can give. It will be just the 2 of us so thinking a relatively easy tour, not too many locks, and scenic. We have not picked a canal tour. One of the areas we plan to visit is Wales and possibly the lake areas. We have been to England before but only visited London, Bath and the Cotswalds. Would appreciate knowing how others have enjoyed the canals, how comfortable the boats are, easy to handle, etc. We need to know the ins and outs of making our selection. How to pick the boat is most important, both the particular boat and the boat company. We will be eating some meals on board. What is it like if it rains a lot?? Can we dock and then walk into town? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Uk Canal Cruise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain 6 weeks itinerary help
- 2 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 3 ATM cards in Spain - need chip or not?
- 4 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 5 Possible Italy and Paris Itinerary - any thoughts?
- 6 Kimhe - a big favor to ask of you
- 7 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 8 italy for - 2 weeks for a young couple
- 9 Oh no more disruption planned for Spanish airports 2015
- 10 car rental agency
- 11 Mâché aux Puces from Garibaldi metro
- 12 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 13 Bath Hotel - MacDonald Bath Spa or Francis Hotel
- 14 Place to drop off car South of Siena, Italy
- 15 Trains
- 16 Planning a Trip to Iceland
- 17 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 18 DVD players in France
- 19 mailing a package in advance of arrival at a Berlin hotel
- 20 Piazza Navona hotel in Rome help
- 21 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 22 Marseille four day for my son the Navy Sailor
- 23 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 24 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 25 Florence/Venice/Tuscany driving vacation