My husband and I are planning a trip to the UK.We are in our mid 60's and planning our trip for May of this year. We are from Illinois. We are planning for 3 week stay with one week being a canal cruise. We have never done a narrowboat before and we are asking for any help people can give. It will be just the 2 of us so thinking a relatively easy tour, not too many locks, and scenic. We have not picked a canal tour. One of the areas we plan to visit is Wales and possibly the lake areas. We have been to England before but only visited London, Bath and the Cotswalds. Would appreciate knowing how others have enjoyed the canals, how comfortable the boats are, easy to handle, etc. We need to know the ins and outs of making our selection. How to pick the boat is most important, both the particular boat and the boat company. We will be eating some meals on board. What is it like if it rains a lot?? Can we dock and then walk into town? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Uk Canal Cruise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best time of day to get tickets to the Anne Frank Haus?
- 2 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 3 Chasing the Tour de France 2014
- 4 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 5 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 6 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 7 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 8 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 9 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 10 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 11 Paris in black and white
- 12 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 13 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 14 Grad Schools in London?
- 15 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 16 Credit Card Number stolen from hotel booking
- 17 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 18 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 19 Cotswolds first time
- 20 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 21 Help! Need alternative to PORTOVENERE in late-September!
- 22 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 23 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 24 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 25 Day trips from Bologna