My husband and I are planning a trip to the UK.We are in our mid 60's and planning our trip for May of this year. We are from Illinois. We are planning for 3 week stay with one week being a canal cruise. We have never done a narrowboat before and we are asking for any help people can give. It will be just the 2 of us so thinking a relatively easy tour, not too many locks, and scenic. We have not picked a canal tour. One of the areas we plan to visit is Wales and possibly the lake areas. We have been to England before but only visited London, Bath and the Cotswalds. Would appreciate knowing how others have enjoyed the canals, how comfortable the boats are, easy to handle, etc. We need to know the ins and outs of making our selection. How to pick the boat is most important, both the particular boat and the boat company. We will be eating some meals on board. What is it like if it rains a lot?? Can we dock and then walk into town? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Uk Canal Cruise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Giverny in early October?
- 2 Norway Advice
- 3 Renfe site
- 4 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 5 Europe in winter
- 6 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 7 Lost SD card 32.0 GB in Europe on June 2013
- 8 Cornwall or Paris?
- 9 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 10 Italy tours
- 11 Two Days in Prague
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 13 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 14 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 15 Trip Report, part 1
- 16 Madrid has much less to offer than Barcelona...
- 17 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 18 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 19 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 20 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 21 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 22 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 23 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 24 Budapest Parliament Tickets Online
- 25 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro