My husband and I are planning a trip to the UK.We are in our mid 60's and planning our trip for May of this year. We are from Illinois. We are planning for 3 week stay with one week being a canal cruise. We have never done a narrowboat before and we are asking for any help people can give. It will be just the 2 of us so thinking a relatively easy tour, not too many locks, and scenic. We have not picked a canal tour. One of the areas we plan to visit is Wales and possibly the lake areas. We have been to England before but only visited London, Bath and the Cotswalds. Would appreciate knowing how others have enjoyed the canals, how comfortable the boats are, easy to handle, etc. We need to know the ins and outs of making our selection. How to pick the boat is most important, both the particular boat and the boat company. We will be eating some meals on board. What is it like if it rains a lot?? Can we dock and then walk into town? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Uk Canal Cruise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Accommodations in Paris
- 2 UK and Belgium 20 days with 2 kids ( 6 years old and 7 years old girls)
- 3 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 4 Flight cancellation due to weather & student visa
- 5 Travelling Aug 2015 to a few european destinations
- 6 What to see/do in eastern section of Ireland?
- 7 Ireland Trip in Spring
- 8 MUST SEE in Odessa, & Sevestopol, Ukraine?
- 9 World´s biggest Rolls Royce collection in a great castle in Basque Country
- 10 Provence planning
- 11 Seotember Trip to Greece- 2015
- 12 South of France
- 13 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 14 Want to sell Pashmina but didnt find the store.
- 15 Car hire location price differences
- 16 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 17 Ukraine Travel 2014
- 18 Making reservations in Italy
- 19 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 20 Travel itinery for a family of 4.
- 21 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 22 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 23 Paris ComboPass Premium and Hotel location
- 24 Vienna and side trips
- 25 18 Days in Turkey