My fiancee and I are getting married next June and we are planning a Venice / Tuscany honeymoon.
We plan to spend around 5 nights in Tuscany - I am after a few tips please:
1. Accomodation - we are after the picture postcard Tuscan farmhouse set around olive groves and fields etc. Budget is up to €300 per night for B & B. Looking for a romantic setting.
2. Base location - we will be renting a car so looking for a countryside location but within easy reach of the main Tuscan towns - would like to see Florence, Pisa etc but happy to drive an hour ish either way to get there
3. Food - food and wine are important for the trip so looking for an area with lots of good restaurants which isn't usually too difficult to find in Pisa. A village with restaurants in walking distance would be ideal.
Look forward to any help anyone can give and thanks in advance.
Tuscany honeymoon accomodation / base location
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 2 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 3 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 4 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 5 Suggestions for couple of days in spain plus best route to get to Morrocco
- 6 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 7 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI
- 8 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 9 Taormina Sicily
- 10 Venice/Rome/Florence/London
- 11 Portugal in January
- 12 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 13 choosing seats at La Scala
- 14 Please help! 3weeks Europe Holiday Itinerary holiday
- 15 What is the best way to get to Frankfurt from Pozieres
- 16 Day trips from Lisbon
- 17 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 18 Paris and where else?
- 19 Dolomites - Where to stay!
- 20 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 21 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 22 Activ holiday in Andalusia
- 23 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 24 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 25 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)