My fiancee and I are getting married next June and we are planning a Venice / Tuscany honeymoon.
We plan to spend around 5 nights in Tuscany - I am after a few tips please:
1. Accomodation - we are after the picture postcard Tuscan farmhouse set around olive groves and fields etc. Budget is up to €300 per night for B & B. Looking for a romantic setting.
2. Base location - we will be renting a car so looking for a countryside location but within easy reach of the main Tuscan towns - would like to see Florence, Pisa etc but happy to drive an hour ish either way to get there
3. Food - food and wine are important for the trip so looking for an area with lots of good restaurants which isn't usually too difficult to find in Pisa. A village with restaurants in walking distance would be ideal.
Look forward to any help anyone can give and thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 2 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 3 Need Information about French Alps
- 4 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 5 Trip to Rome
- 6 Best Indian Food
- 7 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 8 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 9 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 10 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 11 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 12 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 13 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 14 Piedmont as a destination
- 15 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 16 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 17 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 18 dinner jackets
- 19 France Itinerary Advice
- 20 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 21 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 22 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 23 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 24 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing