My fiancee and I are getting married next June and we are planning a Venice / Tuscany honeymoon.
We plan to spend around 5 nights in Tuscany - I am after a few tips please:
1. Accomodation - we are after the picture postcard Tuscan farmhouse set around olive groves and fields etc. Budget is up to €300 per night for B & B. Looking for a romantic setting.
2. Base location - we will be renting a car so looking for a countryside location but within easy reach of the main Tuscan towns - would like to see Florence, Pisa etc but happy to drive an hour ish either way to get there
3. Food - food and wine are important for the trip so looking for an area with lots of good restaurants which isn't usually too difficult to find in Pisa. A village with restaurants in walking distance would be ideal.
Look forward to any help anyone can give and thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 2 Europe in late January
- 3 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 4 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 5 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 6 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 7 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 8 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 9 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 10 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 11 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 12 Paris---baguette question???
- 13 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 14 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 15 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 16 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 17 Madrid - time to allow for train
- 18 Scenic Driving Routes
- 19 Vienna to Bratislava
- 20 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 21 1 way ticket
- 22 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 23 pareja de hecho in Spain
- 24 Visiting Spain in January
- 25 Best area to stay in Valencia