My fiancee and I are getting married next June and we are planning a Venice / Tuscany honeymoon.
We plan to spend around 5 nights in Tuscany - I am after a few tips please:
1. Accomodation - we are after the picture postcard Tuscan farmhouse set around olive groves and fields etc. Budget is up to €300 per night for B & B. Looking for a romantic setting.
2. Base location - we will be renting a car so looking for a countryside location but within easy reach of the main Tuscan towns - would like to see Florence, Pisa etc but happy to drive an hour ish either way to get there
3. Food - food and wine are important for the trip so looking for an area with lots of good restaurants which isn't usually too difficult to find in Pisa. A village with restaurants in walking distance would be ideal.
Look forward to any help anyone can give and thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 2 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 3 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 4 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 5 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 6 10 day Italy
- 7 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 8 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 9 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 10 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 11 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 12 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 13 Planning a European Trip
- 14 France, UK and Ireland
- 15 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 16 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 17 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 18 Ireland
- 19 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 20 What do after Bernia Express?
- 21 No Periods in British Written English!
- 22 Does Mannedorf exist?
- 23 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 24 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 25 Santorini lodging