My fiancee and I are getting married next June and we are planning a Venice / Tuscany honeymoon.
We plan to spend around 5 nights in Tuscany - I am after a few tips please:
1. Accomodation - we are after the picture postcard Tuscan farmhouse set around olive groves and fields etc. Budget is up to €300 per night for B & B. Looking for a romantic setting.
2. Base location - we will be renting a car so looking for a countryside location but within easy reach of the main Tuscan towns - would like to see Florence, Pisa etc but happy to drive an hour ish either way to get there
3. Food - food and wine are important for the trip so looking for an area with lots of good restaurants which isn't usually too difficult to find in Pisa. A village with restaurants in walking distance would be ideal.
Look forward to any help anyone can give and thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 2 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 3 The herbs in pure slim 365
- 4 Great Fare Sale Emirate Air
- 5 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 6 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 7 Route des Vins
- 8 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 9 2 days in Florence
- 10 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 11 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 12 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 13 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 14 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 15 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 16 base for Andalucia
- 17 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 20 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 21 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 22 Windsor Castle
- 23 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 24 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 25 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer