My fiancee and I are getting married next June and we are planning a Venice / Tuscany honeymoon.
We plan to spend around 5 nights in Tuscany - I am after a few tips please:
1. Accomodation - we are after the picture postcard Tuscan farmhouse set around olive groves and fields etc. Budget is up to €300 per night for B & B. Looking for a romantic setting.
2. Base location - we will be renting a car so looking for a countryside location but within easy reach of the main Tuscan towns - would like to see Florence, Pisa etc but happy to drive an hour ish either way to get there
3. Food - food and wine are important for the trip so looking for an area with lots of good restaurants which isn't usually too difficult to find in Pisa. A village with restaurants in walking distance would be ideal.
Look forward to any help anyone can give and thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 2 Bavaria in August
- 3 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 4 Family vacation near Amsterdam
- 5 help with 21 days-croatia
- 6 Luggage on trains/security?
- 7 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 8 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 9 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 10 The Rain in Spain and more
- 11 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 12 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 13 Travelling in October need some guidance
- 14 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 15 Family Trip to Copenhagen, Norwegian Fjords, Sweden Schedule?
- 16 The DCC scam is spreading
- 17 London Paris
- 18 Large luggage lockers at Gare du Nord
- 19 Need accommodation advice for staying in central London
- 20 What clothes?
- 21 Cheap SIM cards for iPhones in Paris
- 22 Going to Den Bosch to See the Bosch Exhibit?
- 23 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 24 Car to Heathrow: what time to order?
- 25 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip