My fiancee and I are getting married next June and we are planning a Venice / Tuscany honeymoon.
We plan to spend around 5 nights in Tuscany - I am after a few tips please:
1. Accomodation - we are after the picture postcard Tuscan farmhouse set around olive groves and fields etc. Budget is up to €300 per night for B & B. Looking for a romantic setting.
2. Base location - we will be renting a car so looking for a countryside location but within easy reach of the main Tuscan towns - would like to see Florence, Pisa etc but happy to drive an hour ish either way to get there
3. Food - food and wine are important for the trip so looking for an area with lots of good restaurants which isn't usually too difficult to find in Pisa. A village with restaurants in walking distance would be ideal.
Look forward to any help anyone can give and thanks in advance.
Tuscany honeymoon accomodation / base location
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 7 days in Andalucia
- 3 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 4 Madrid to Sevilla
- 5 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 6 first european holiday itinery
- 7 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 8 Need info on smoking in Dijon area
- 9 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 10 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 11 Euro Train
- 12 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 13 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 14 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 15 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 16 London, Paris, and Brussels 2014
- 17 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 18 Travel by train or bus
- 19 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 20 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 21 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 22 Belgium
- 23 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 24 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 25 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?