We only have 1 week in Italy this autumn and are splitting it between Florence and Rome. When in Florence we would like to stay a short distance outside the city to be able to have that Tuscan feel while still being able to easily get to Florence. A place with a great outdoor area and view of the hillsides and villas. Does anybody of know of some good accomodations or some nearby towns/villages that we could stay at without having to have a car. Preferably just a short train or bus ride to the city center.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nothern versus Southern region of Spain
- 2 Sardinia?
- 3 Lazing it in Lisbon; Notes and Rambling Thoughts from and Extended Stay
- 4 Crete for 2 weeks in May
- 5 tipping
- 6 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 7 Novels set in Greece
- 8 10 full days in Italy, creating an itinerary based on interests
- 9 Eurail or Direct tickets?
- 10 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 11 Help with our Provence Itinerary
- 12 CDG airport, 2 tickets
- 13 GPS vs Google Maps
- 14 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 15 One Step at a Time - julia_t begins the Camino de Santiago
- 16 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 17 Red hair Suze
- 18 East of the Amalfi Coast - stay or day trip?
- 19 Rome at Christmas
- 20 Luggage on trains/security?
- 21 Croatia Itenerary
- 22 day trip to hampton court
- 23 The DCC scam is spreading
- 24 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 25 Amalfi vs Tuscany