We only have 1 week in Italy this autumn and are splitting it between Florence and Rome. When in Florence we would like to stay a short distance outside the city to be able to have that Tuscan feel while still being able to easily get to Florence. A place with a great outdoor area and view of the hillsides and villas. Does anybody of know of some good accomodations or some nearby towns/villages that we could stay at without having to have a car. Preferably just a short train or bus ride to the city center.
Tuscan Countryside Near Florence
- 1 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 2 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 3 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 4 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 5 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 6 Dresden Train Station
- 7 Rome Accommodation
- 8 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 9 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 10 Chambermaid tipping
- 11 To Paris and Provence in June
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 14 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 15 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 16 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 17 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 18 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 19 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 20 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 21 Greek islands from Turkey
- 22 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 23 rent car / Munich
- 24 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 25 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins