We only have 1 week in Italy this autumn and are splitting it between Florence and Rome. When in Florence we would like to stay a short distance outside the city to be able to have that Tuscan feel while still being able to easily get to Florence. A place with a great outdoor area and view of the hillsides and villas. Does anybody of know of some good accomodations or some nearby towns/villages that we could stay at without having to have a car. Preferably just a short train or bus ride to the city center.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 2 Scotland with teens thoughts
- 3 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 4 Travelling to Europe from OCT 15 to OCT 30
- 5 Car rental/return near London
- 6 Avignon or St. remy
- 7 Belgium for the 1st time
- 8 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 9 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 10 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 11 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 12 Rungis market Paris
- 13 Swiss Flex pass and half fare pass
- 14 Camino Redux
- 15 Paris GTG 9/29-10/5?
- 16 On my way to Puglia
- 17 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 18 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 19 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 20 Anyone visiting Ireland
- 21 Early Flight Out of Stockholm on Disembarkation Day
- 22 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 23 Train or Coach from Dublin to Cork?
- 24 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 25 Lucerne Switzerland Meal Recommendations