We only have 1 week in Italy this autumn and are splitting it between Florence and Rome. When in Florence we would like to stay a short distance outside the city to be able to have that Tuscan feel while still being able to easily get to Florence. A place with a great outdoor area and view of the hillsides and villas. Does anybody of know of some good accomodations or some nearby towns/villages that we could stay at without having to have a car. Preferably just a short train or bus ride to the city center.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Way... trust or bust?
- 2 Walking GPS?
- 3 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 4 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 5 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 6 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 7 Has anyone used AtlasChoice for a car rental?
- 8 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 9 Hi altitude limitations in Switzerland
- 10 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 11 Capri, Amalfi Coast, Naples in late June/early July
- 12 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 13 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 14 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 15 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 16 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 17 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 18 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?
- 19 Cost of Van from CDG
- 20 Portugal trains
- 21 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 22 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 23 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 24 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 25 AVE Train ticket purchase in Spain