We only have 1 week in Italy this autumn and are splitting it between Florence and Rome. When in Florence we would like to stay a short distance outside the city to be able to have that Tuscan feel while still being able to easily get to Florence. A place with a great outdoor area and view of the hillsides and villas. Does anybody of know of some good accomodations or some nearby towns/villages that we could stay at without having to have a car. Preferably just a short train or bus ride to the city center.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norfolk base
- 2 20 free days of Europe
- 3 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 4 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 5 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 6 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 7 5 Day itinerary
- 8 Arriving in Budapest 9/11!
- 9 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 10 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 11 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 12 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 13 Our European adventures
- 14 Eurotrip - Athens to Santorini
- 15 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 16 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 17 Spain Trip Report
- 18 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 19 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 20 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 21 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 22 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 23 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 24 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 25 CDG international flight