My boyfriend and I were thinking of planning a cheap last minute holiday for 3-4weeks in September. We have decided that we would like to fly to Turkey, then get a train to Bulgaria and then on to Hungary before flying back to the UK. We were thinking that we would stay in hostels mostly or private rooms if they were cheaper and that we definitely wanted to go to Istanbul, Sofia and Budapest but also somewhere relaxing with a beach for part of the holiday either in Turkey on the Mediterranean or the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria. So any advice on beach locations for budget travelers would be brilliant! also how much approximately would it cost for overnight trains from Istanbul to Sofia, and Sofia to Budapest cost? obviously a 2 bed sleeper would be preferred if there isn't much difference between that and other rooms. If you have any recommendations for hostels in these places that would also be a great help. Thanks
Turkey, Bulgaria and Hungary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 2 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 3 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 4 Paris in April?
- 5 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 6 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 7 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 8 Flam, Norway railway
- 9 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 10 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 11 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 12 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 13 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 14 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 15 Sicily Suggetions
- 16 He said , she said
- 17 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 18 car rental companies Italy
- 19 Seeking Portugal itinerary advice (April, 2014)
- 20 where to stay in Porto Portugal
- 21 quiet hotel in Rome?
- 22 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 23 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 24 quiet hotel
- 25 Hair Straightener for Europe!