My boyfriend and I were thinking of planning a cheap last minute holiday for 3-4weeks in September. We have decided that we would like to fly to Turkey, then get a train to Bulgaria and then on to Hungary before flying back to the UK. We were thinking that we would stay in hostels mostly or private rooms if they were cheaper and that we definitely wanted to go to Istanbul, Sofia and Budapest but also somewhere relaxing with a beach for part of the holiday either in Turkey on the Mediterranean or the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria. So any advice on beach locations for budget travelers would be brilliant! also how much approximately would it cost for overnight trains from Istanbul to Sofia, and Sofia to Budapest cost? obviously a 2 bed sleeper would be preferred if there isn't much difference between that and other rooms. If you have any recommendations for hostels in these places that would also be a great help. Thanks
Turkey, Bulgaria and Hungary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 2 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 3 Expat area's in France
- 4 Wine tours in Tuscuny
- 5 Aaah...Umbria!
- 6 Sorrento Advice Please
- 7 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 8 Weather in Rias Baixas this weekend?
- 9 Aerobus from Barcelona airport to Placa Catalunya
- 10 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 11 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 12 Do I need train tix in advance
- 13 Appian Way and Catacombs in Rome, tour? Sunday?
- 14 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 15 Cyprus photo gallery
- 16 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 17 Recommend a beautiful Costa Brava town we should visit!
- 18 York (UK) railway station to Herz depot on foot
- 19 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 20 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 21 Schengen rule made easy
- 22 Rose Petals and Reflections
- 23 Need help with itinerary
- 24 Cornwall or Paris?
- 25 7 days in London in Dec with family