My boyfriend and I were thinking of planning a cheap last minute holiday for 3-4weeks in September. We have decided that we would like to fly to Turkey, then get a train to Bulgaria and then on to Hungary before flying back to the UK. We were thinking that we would stay in hostels mostly or private rooms if they were cheaper and that we definitely wanted to go to Istanbul, Sofia and Budapest but also somewhere relaxing with a beach for part of the holiday either in Turkey on the Mediterranean or the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria. So any advice on beach locations for budget travelers would be brilliant! also how much approximately would it cost for overnight trains from Istanbul to Sofia, and Sofia to Budapest cost? obviously a 2 bed sleeper would be preferred if there isn't much difference between that and other rooms. If you have any recommendations for hostels in these places that would also be a great help. Thanks
Turkey, Bulgaria and Hungary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 2 London 2nd time around
- 3 Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia Herzegovina-Montenegro Itinerary Help
- 4 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 5 London visit
- 6 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 7 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 8 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 9 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 10 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 11 US citizen - Stay in France longer than 1 year - how?
- 12 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 13 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 14 21 Days in Central Europe
- 15 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 16 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 17 My itinerary for Greece
- 18 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 19 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 20 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 21 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 22 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 23 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 24 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 25 Madrid Tapas Tour