My boyfriend and I were thinking of planning a cheap last minute holiday for 3-4weeks in September. We have decided that we would like to fly to Turkey, then get a train to Bulgaria and then on to Hungary before flying back to the UK. We were thinking that we would stay in hostels mostly or private rooms if they were cheaper and that we definitely wanted to go to Istanbul, Sofia and Budapest but also somewhere relaxing with a beach for part of the holiday either in Turkey on the Mediterranean or the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria. So any advice on beach locations for budget travelers would be brilliant! also how much approximately would it cost for overnight trains from Istanbul to Sofia, and Sofia to Budapest cost? obviously a 2 bed sleeper would be preferred if there isn't much difference between that and other rooms. If you have any recommendations for hostels in these places that would also be a great help. Thanks
Turkey, Bulgaria and Hungary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budapest hop on hop off bus tour
- 2 Italy Trenitalia Strike
- 3 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 4 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 5 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 6 eateries in Puglia
- 7 Amalfi Coast in October
- 8 Rome to Amafi coast
- 9 How much luggage?????
- 10 Is WESTMINSTER & WEST END in London the best parts to stay?
- 11 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 12 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 13 Terrorism in Europe
- 14 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 15 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 16 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 17 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 18 Where to stay on Lake Como with Car
- 19 Hotel in Lake Garda or Desenzano del Gard
- 20 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 21 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 22 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 23 Help! Need alternative to PORTOVENERE in late-September!
- 24 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 25 Language Camp ANTALYA