My boyfriend and I were thinking of planning a cheap last minute holiday for 3-4weeks in September. We have decided that we would like to fly to Turkey, then get a train to Bulgaria and then on to Hungary before flying back to the UK. We were thinking that we would stay in hostels mostly or private rooms if they were cheaper and that we definitely wanted to go to Istanbul, Sofia and Budapest but also somewhere relaxing with a beach for part of the holiday either in Turkey on the Mediterranean or the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria. So any advice on beach locations for budget travelers would be brilliant! also how much approximately would it cost for overnight trains from Istanbul to Sofia, and Sofia to Budapest cost? obviously a 2 bed sleeper would be preferred if there isn't much difference between that and other rooms. If you have any recommendations for hostels in these places that would also be a great help. Thanks
Turkey, Bulgaria and Hungary
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 3 Greek islands from Turkey
- 4 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 5 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 6 Waltz performances in Stadtpark Vienna
- 7 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 8 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 9 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 10 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 11 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 12 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 13 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 14 Dresden Train Station
- 15 Italian Lakes gardens
- 16 More help with housing in Puglia
- 17 Spain - Andalucia
- 18 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 19 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 20 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 21 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 22 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 23 London for Christmas
- 24 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 25 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?