My boyfriend and I were thinking of planning a cheap last minute holiday for 3-4weeks in September. We have decided that we would like to fly to Turkey, then get a train to Bulgaria and then on to Hungary before flying back to the UK. We were thinking that we would stay in hostels mostly or private rooms if they were cheaper and that we definitely wanted to go to Istanbul, Sofia and Budapest but also somewhere relaxing with a beach for part of the holiday either in Turkey on the Mediterranean or the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria. So any advice on beach locations for budget travelers would be brilliant! also how much approximately would it cost for overnight trains from Istanbul to Sofia, and Sofia to Budapest cost? obviously a 2 bed sleeper would be preferred if there isn't much difference between that and other rooms. If you have any recommendations for hostels in these places that would also be a great help. Thanks
Turkey, Bulgaria and Hungary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 2 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 3 Cell phones in Ireland
- 4 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 5 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 6 Carry on luggage only with a family travelling to Europe?
- 7 Touring Dover Castle
- 8 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 9 Madrid and London
- 10 Riverboat Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 11 Ireland: Need help deciding about maps and SIM card
- 12 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 13 7 Nights in Paris
- 14 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia
- 15 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 16 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 17 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 18 3 weeks in Europe
- 19 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 20 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 21 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 22 London - Site List Triage -
- 23 'Non war cemetery' Allied war graves in France (and elsewhere)
- 24 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 25 What to wear