My boyfriend and I were thinking of planning a cheap last minute holiday for 3-4weeks in September. We have decided that we would like to fly to Turkey, then get a train to Bulgaria and then on to Hungary before flying back to the UK. We were thinking that we would stay in hostels mostly or private rooms if they were cheaper and that we definitely wanted to go to Istanbul, Sofia and Budapest but also somewhere relaxing with a beach for part of the holiday either in Turkey on the Mediterranean or the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria. So any advice on beach locations for budget travelers would be brilliant! also how much approximately would it cost for overnight trains from Istanbul to Sofia, and Sofia to Budapest cost? obviously a 2 bed sleeper would be preferred if there isn't much difference between that and other rooms. If you have any recommendations for hostels in these places that would also be a great help. Thanks
Turkey, Bulgaria and Hungary
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Which travel plan?
- 2 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 3 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 4 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 5 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 6 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 7 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 8 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 9 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 10 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 11 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 12 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 13 To Paris and Provence in June
- 14 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 15 Family European winter holiday
- 16 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 17 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 18 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 19 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 20 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 21 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 22 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 23 15 days in Europe,
- 24 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 25 London for Christmas