In August, my husband, two teens and I are planning to spend an active week in Paris seeing many sights and museums and then want to spend the second week of our vacation in a more bucolic and even-paced space up in the Swiss Mountains in places like Gimmelwald. Although I have found some posts about the train from paris to Switzerland, I have a few questions I hope someone could answer so I feel more confident in my planning.
Should we buy our tickets from Paris (Gare de Lyon, I believe) to Interlacken (via Basel, I believe) ahead of time from our sofa in the US, or is it easy to just go to the train station in Paris and buy same day tickets? And either way, if our destination is up in Murren, should we say that when we buy the tickets from Paris or just go to Interlacken and figure out how to get up to Murren when we get there?
Also, I don't speak French or German.
Thanks for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 2 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 7 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 8 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 9 Granada to Madrid
- 10 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 11 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 12 Tour groups
- 13 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 14 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 15 If you had to choose one......
- 16 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 17 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 18 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 19 Hiking in Tirol/Austria
- 20 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 21 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 22 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 23 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 24 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 25 French restaurants