In August, my husband, two teens and I are planning to spend an active week in Paris seeing many sights and museums and then want to spend the second week of our vacation in a more bucolic and even-paced space up in the Swiss Mountains in places like Gimmelwald. Although I have found some posts about the train from paris to Switzerland, I have a few questions I hope someone could answer so I feel more confident in my planning.
Should we buy our tickets from Paris (Gare de Lyon, I believe) to Interlacken (via Basel, I believe) ahead of time from our sofa in the US, or is it easy to just go to the train station in Paris and buy same day tickets? And either way, if our destination is up in Murren, should we say that when we buy the tickets from Paris or just go to Interlacken and figure out how to get up to Murren when we get there?
Also, I don't speak French or German.
Thanks for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT EPSON Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 4 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 5 Christmas Day in Granada
- 6 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 7 car insurance italy
- 8 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 9 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 10 Venice/Mestre
- 11 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 12 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 13 Spanish Medical Providers
- 14 Transylvania - June 2018
- 15 Italy Car Scam
- 16 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 17 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 18 Krakow
- 19 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 20 Quizz !
- 21 Pay attention to your watches !
- 22 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 23 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 24 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 25 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!