In August, my husband, two teens and I are planning to spend an active week in Paris seeing many sights and museums and then want to spend the second week of our vacation in a more bucolic and even-paced space up in the Swiss Mountains in places like Gimmelwald. Although I have found some posts about the train from paris to Switzerland, I have a few questions I hope someone could answer so I feel more confident in my planning.
Should we buy our tickets from Paris (Gare de Lyon, I believe) to Interlacken (via Basel, I believe) ahead of time from our sofa in the US, or is it easy to just go to the train station in Paris and buy same day tickets? And either way, if our destination is up in Murren, should we say that when we buy the tickets from Paris or just go to Interlacken and figure out how to get up to Murren when we get there?
Also, I don't speak French or German.
Thanks for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flights to Crete from NE coast of USA
- 2 Iceland car rental agencies
- 3 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 4 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 5 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 6 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 7 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 8 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 9 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 10 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 11 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 12 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 13 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 14 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 15 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 16 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 17 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 18 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 19 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 20 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 21 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 22 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 23 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 24 Maximizing Norway time
- 25 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017