In August, my husband, two teens and I are planning to spend an active week in Paris seeing many sights and museums and then want to spend the second week of our vacation in a more bucolic and even-paced space up in the Swiss Mountains in places like Gimmelwald. Although I have found some posts about the train from paris to Switzerland, I have a few questions I hope someone could answer so I feel more confident in my planning.
Should we buy our tickets from Paris (Gare de Lyon, I believe) to Interlacken (via Basel, I believe) ahead of time from our sofa in the US, or is it easy to just go to the train station in Paris and buy same day tickets? And either way, if our destination is up in Murren, should we say that when we buy the tickets from Paris or just go to Interlacken and figure out how to get up to Murren when we get there?
Also, I don't speak French or German.
Thanks for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 파워볼번호 ● 연결 : pwn22.com.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 3 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 4 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 5 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 6 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 7 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 8 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 9 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 10 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 11 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 12 One night in the Dolomites
- 13 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 14 Airport Transit Visa
- 15 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 16 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 17 Where in Greece
- 18 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 19 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 20 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 21 Vatican tour
- 22 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 23 Day in Capri
- 24 alcazar question and seville advice
- 25 TSA Precheck