In August, my husband, two teens and I are planning to spend an active week in Paris seeing many sights and museums and then want to spend the second week of our vacation in a more bucolic and even-paced space up in the Swiss Mountains in places like Gimmelwald. Although I have found some posts about the train from paris to Switzerland, I have a few questions I hope someone could answer so I feel more confident in my planning.
Should we buy our tickets from Paris (Gare de Lyon, I believe) to Interlacken (via Basel, I believe) ahead of time from our sofa in the US, or is it easy to just go to the train station in Paris and buy same day tickets? And either way, if our destination is up in Murren, should we say that when we buy the tickets from Paris or just go to Interlacken and figure out how to get up to Murren when we get there?
Also, I don't speak French or German.
Thanks for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 +신사동안마 『o1o 9875 2236』민실장 신사안마+신사역안마
- 2 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 3 International Flight Question
- 4 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Another tipping question: concierges
- 7 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 8 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 9 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 10 Back from Paris
- 11 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 12 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 13 Luggage Storage
- 14 LIsbon
- 15 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 16 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 17 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 18 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 19 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 20 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 21 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 22 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 23 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 24 Trip suggestion
- 25 Spain in July