In August, my husband, two teens and I are planning to spend an active week in Paris seeing many sights and museums and then want to spend the second week of our vacation in a more bucolic and even-paced space up in the Swiss Mountains in places like Gimmelwald. Although I have found some posts about the train from paris to Switzerland, I have a few questions I hope someone could answer so I feel more confident in my planning.
Should we buy our tickets from Paris (Gare de Lyon, I believe) to Interlacken (via Basel, I believe) ahead of time from our sofa in the US, or is it easy to just go to the train station in Paris and buy same day tickets? And either way, if our destination is up in Murren, should we say that when we buy the tickets from Paris or just go to Interlacken and figure out how to get up to Murren when we get there?
Also, I don't speak French or German.
Thanks for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 2 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 3 9 days in London
- 4 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 5 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 6 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 7 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 8 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 9 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 10 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 11 Lyon
- 12 Self drive tour companies
- 13 Italian lakes
- 14 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 15 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 16 What do after Bernia Express?
- 17 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 18 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 19 France, UK and Ireland
- 20 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 21 French theater in Paris
- 22 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 23 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 24 Germany family road trip help!
- 25 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari