Am traveling to Vienna from India during the last week of September. Have September 30th - Oct 3 to do some sight seeing. Was thinking of going to Regensburg by train on the 29th, overnight stay with a friend and visit the Oktoberfest at Munich the next day (Sep 30) .
From here I am a bit confused about whether to travel to Garmisch and then to Innsbruck and back to Vienna (all trains) for my flight home on 3rd or to visit other parts of germany like frankfurt/ stuttgart or fly to italy (rome/milan) or travel to interlaken in Switzerland by train?
I know that I have put up too many options but I thought that you might be the best people to answer this question. Which would be ideal for a 3.5 day vacation? New suggestions are also welcome.
And what is the best way to travel around Europe: the train or buses? I will be using public transportation. Not planning to rent a car. How do I book rail tickets? When I google, I get too many options for rail tickets....
It would be great if somebody gives me some clarity.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 2 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 5 Switzerland in September
- 6 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 7 Where to eat in Rome?
- 8 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 9 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 10 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 11 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 13 Positano or Sorrento?
- 14 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 15 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 16 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 17 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 18 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 19 Last minute trip to Capri
- 20 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 21 AMS Car Rental
- 22 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 23 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 24 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 25 weekend from cologne germany