Am traveling to Vienna from India during the last week of September. Have September 30th - Oct 3 to do some sight seeing. Was thinking of going to Regensburg by train on the 29th, overnight stay with a friend and visit the Oktoberfest at Munich the next day (Sep 30) .
From here I am a bit confused about whether to travel to Garmisch and then to Innsbruck and back to Vienna (all trains) for my flight home on 3rd or to visit other parts of germany like frankfurt/ stuttgart or fly to italy (rome/milan) or travel to interlaken in Switzerland by train?
I know that I have put up too many options but I thought that you might be the best people to answer this question. Which would be ideal for a 3.5 day vacation? New suggestions are also welcome.
And what is the best way to travel around Europe: the train or buses? I will be using public transportation. Not planning to rent a car. How do I book rail tickets? When I google, I get too many options for rail tickets....
It would be great if somebody gives me some clarity.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 2 A Month stay in Southern France
- 3 Germany/Austria...with a toddler
- 4 Edinburgh to Skye
- 5 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 6 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 7 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 8 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 9 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 10 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 11 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 12 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 13 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 14 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 15 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 16 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 17 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 18 Croatia transportation question.
- 19 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 20 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 21 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 22 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 23 A week in Croatia with kids
- 24 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 25 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London