We - DH and 2 Teenage sons - will be in Paris for three days and 4 in Prague early August. We have been to Paris before and have seen Louvre, Eiffel Tower etc. In Paris we plan to see some neighborhoods (St. Germaine, Montmarte, Marais) rather than do too many museums. We also hope to eat in some good bistros - cafe constant for one - although I know many places will be closed in August.
Prague is a first trip for us and I have read some great reports here which will help greatly. So the question for this group...given the time we have in the two cities, should we do a trip to Giverny from Paris, and Cezky Krumlov from Prague? We love to see as much as we can and love art and architecture. Are the two sights worth the time they will take away from the two cities?
Also would appreciate restaurant recommendations for Paris, given that so many are
closed in August. Thanks as always.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 2 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 3 Top Tapas Tascas
- 4 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 5 Paris: Veggietown for Vegetarian Restaurants
- 6 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 7 Insurance on rental car options
- 8 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 9 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 10 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 11 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 12 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 13 Keukenhof in May?
- 14 Happy birthday ATM
- 15 24 hours in Paris
- 16 Istanbul at Easter
- 17 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 18 tickets for Wimbledon
- 19 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 20 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 21 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 22 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 23 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 24 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 25 Granada to Seville driving day trip