We - DH and 2 Teenage sons - will be in Paris for three days and 4 in Prague early August. We have been to Paris before and have seen Louvre, Eiffel Tower etc. In Paris we plan to see some neighborhoods (St. Germaine, Montmarte, Marais) rather than do too many museums. We also hope to eat in some good bistros - cafe constant for one - although I know many places will be closed in August.
Prague is a first trip for us and I have read some great reports here which will help greatly. So the question for this group...given the time we have in the two cities, should we do a trip to Giverny from Paris, and Cezky Krumlov from Prague? We love to see as much as we can and love art and architecture. Are the two sights worth the time they will take away from the two cities?
Also would appreciate restaurant recommendations for Paris, given that so many are
closed in August. Thanks as always.
Trip to Paris and Prague
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 2 Scotland
- 3 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 4 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 5 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 6 Itinerary Help!
- 7 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 8 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 9 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 10 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 11 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 12 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 13 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 14 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 15 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 16 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 17 Street food in Turkey
- 18 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 19 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 20 Valencia Fallas GTG March 17th 1 pm Hotel Melia Plaza
- 21 Toulouse and beyond -
- 22 One week in Venice - trips
- 23 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 24 9 days in turkey
- 25 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days