We - DH and 2 Teenage sons - will be in Paris for three days and 4 in Prague early August. We have been to Paris before and have seen Louvre, Eiffel Tower etc. In Paris we plan to see some neighborhoods (St. Germaine, Montmarte, Marais) rather than do too many museums. We also hope to eat in some good bistros - cafe constant for one - although I know many places will be closed in August.
Prague is a first trip for us and I have read some great reports here which will help greatly. So the question for this group...given the time we have in the two cities, should we do a trip to Giverny from Paris, and Cezky Krumlov from Prague? We love to see as much as we can and love art and architecture. Are the two sights worth the time they will take away from the two cities?
Also would appreciate restaurant recommendations for Paris, given that so many are
closed in August. Thanks as always.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 2 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 3 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 4 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 5 What tips can you give about packing?
- 6 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 7 Ludwig Castles
- 8 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 9 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 10 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 11 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 12 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 13 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 14 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 15 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 16 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 17 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 18 Short Trip in July
- 19 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 20 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 21 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 22 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August
- 23 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 24 Cell Phone Question
- 25 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England