We - DH and 2 Teenage sons - will be in Paris for three days and 4 in Prague early August. We have been to Paris before and have seen Louvre, Eiffel Tower etc. In Paris we plan to see some neighborhoods (St. Germaine, Montmarte, Marais) rather than do too many museums. We also hope to eat in some good bistros - cafe constant for one - although I know many places will be closed in August.
Prague is a first trip for us and I have read some great reports here which will help greatly. So the question for this group...given the time we have in the two cities, should we do a trip to Giverny from Paris, and Cezky Krumlov from Prague? We love to see as much as we can and love art and architecture. Are the two sights worth the time they will take away from the two cities?
Also would appreciate restaurant recommendations for Paris, given that so many are
closed in August. Thanks as always.
Trip to Paris and Prague
- 1 London at Xmas
- 2 Sardinia in July
- 3 Foggia Day Trip
- 4 Barcelona to Positano
- 5 Musée Marmottan - anything there?
- 6 Safety on a Night Train from Amsterdam to Den Haag?
- 7 15 days in Central Europe
- 8 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 9 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 10 London Evening Activity
- 11 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 12 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
- 13 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 14 Paris Recommendations
- 15 Europe Winter in 16 days
- 16 Suggestions for France Italy
- 17 Through Naples to Sorrento or Pompei?
- 18 Which tour company would be best?
- 19 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 20 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 21 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 22 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 23 France by rail or car?
- 24 Berlin Excursion from our ship...
- 25 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro