We - DH and 2 Teenage sons - will be in Paris for three days and 4 in Prague early August. We have been to Paris before and have seen Louvre, Eiffel Tower etc. In Paris we plan to see some neighborhoods (St. Germaine, Montmarte, Marais) rather than do too many museums. We also hope to eat in some good bistros - cafe constant for one - although I know many places will be closed in August.
Prague is a first trip for us and I have read some great reports here which will help greatly. So the question for this group...given the time we have in the two cities, should we do a trip to Giverny from Paris, and Cezky Krumlov from Prague? We love to see as much as we can and love art and architecture. Are the two sights worth the time they will take away from the two cities?
Also would appreciate restaurant recommendations for Paris, given that so many are
closed in August. Thanks as always.
Trip to Paris and Prague
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 2 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 3 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 4 airport hold baggage
- 5 7 Nights in Paris
- 6 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 7 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 8 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 9 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 10 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 11 Monet in Normandy
- 12 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 13 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 14 9 days in Italy - beginning in Venice
- 15 "New SAT Won’t Include Obscure Vocabulary Words"
- 16 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 17 Gargano Promontory
- 18 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 19 Santorini
- 20 Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
- 21 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 22 Airport to Piraeus
- 23 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 24 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 25 Day trips from Seville