We - DH and 2 Teenage sons - will be in Paris for three days and 4 in Prague early August. We have been to Paris before and have seen Louvre, Eiffel Tower etc. In Paris we plan to see some neighborhoods (St. Germaine, Montmarte, Marais) rather than do too many museums. We also hope to eat in some good bistros - cafe constant for one - although I know many places will be closed in August.
Prague is a first trip for us and I have read some great reports here which will help greatly. So the question for this group...given the time we have in the two cities, should we do a trip to Giverny from Paris, and Cezky Krumlov from Prague? We love to see as much as we can and love art and architecture. Are the two sights worth the time they will take away from the two cities?
Also would appreciate restaurant recommendations for Paris, given that so many are
closed in August. Thanks as always.
Trip to Paris and Prague
- 1 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 2 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 3 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 4 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 5 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 6 Travel by train or bus
- 7 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 8 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 9 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 10 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 11 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 12 Euro Train
- 13 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 14 first european holiday itinery
- 15 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 16 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 17 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 Cyprus in December
- 20 Cyprus photo gallery
- 21 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 Which travel plan?
- 24 Florence in October
- 25 Family European winter holiday