We - DH and 2 Teenage sons - will be in Paris for three days and 4 in Prague early August. We have been to Paris before and have seen Louvre, Eiffel Tower etc. In Paris we plan to see some neighborhoods (St. Germaine, Montmarte, Marais) rather than do too many museums. We also hope to eat in some good bistros - cafe constant for one - although I know many places will be closed in August.
Prague is a first trip for us and I have read some great reports here which will help greatly. So the question for this group...given the time we have in the two cities, should we do a trip to Giverny from Paris, and Cezky Krumlov from Prague? We love to see as much as we can and love art and architecture. Are the two sights worth the time they will take away from the two cities?
Also would appreciate restaurant recommendations for Paris, given that so many are
closed in August. Thanks as always.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 2 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 3 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 4 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Day trips from Florence
- 7 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 8 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 9 St Denis Cathedral
- 10 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 11 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 12 Perugia
- 13 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 14 May get together in Paris
- 15 Paris in September
- 16 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 17 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 18 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 19 First time in Bulgaria
- 20 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 21 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 22 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 23 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 24 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 25 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh