My boyfriend and I are traveling in June for 4 weeks to:
Rome (5 nights)
Florence (3 nights)
Venice (2 nights)
Nice (4 nights)
Amsterdam (4 nights)
Paris (7 nights)
It is the first time out of North America for both of us, and we are both 23.
I am wondering which guidebooks you would recommend for our itinerary. I've been looking on Rick Steve's site and am not sure which ones I should choose! We already have hotels booked and we're not too interested in expensive dining. We plan on doing a lot of walking and metro/bussing. Total budget for travel guides would be around $60. I'm also concerned too many books will weigh down our luggage.
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Walking GPS?
- 2 Portugal trains
- 3 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 4 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 5 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 6 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 7 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 8 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 9 Capri, Amalfi Coast, Naples in late June/early July
- 10 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 11 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 12 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 13 Hi altitude limitations in Switzerland
- 14 AVE Train ticket purchase in Spain
- 15 Bus to Cadaques ?
- 16 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 17 5 hours in Genoa or next to Genoa?
- 18 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 19 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 20 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 21 New Dublin Museum
- 22 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 23 Sentimental Journey
- 24 Cost of Van from CDG
- 25 When to Arrive At The Airport