This December, I will finally be fulfilling my lifelong dream of visiting Paris!
I've never really travelled, my parents never had enough money. But I've been saving up and I'm going in December with my cousin.
We'll be arriving in Paris on the 27th of December, which is a Thursday, and we'll be leaving Friday, the 4th of January. I''m nervous about transportation, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice. Sould we get the 10 ticket carnet? The Navigo destination pass? Or the Paris visit pass?
We plan on going into zones 1 through 5 (Versailles is a place we will be visiting.) but the Paris Pass we will be purchasing, which lasts four days, will allow us travel on the first three lines of the metro. I'm not too sure what that mean, but I feel like we will be travelling on all kinds of metro lines, but also the other forms of transpo Paris has to offer( RER, bus, etc)
With the carnet, I'm not too sure if the tickets allow us to transfer from metro to bus, or how long they last. Will I have to use a ticket for each ride? Like from one metro line to the next? Or are they good for an entire trip? Will it be enough for the 8 days?
The Navigo weekly pass, only work from Monday to Sunday, but if we get it for the Monday, we will only use it for 4 days. What should we do for the days before?
The Paris Visite pass lasts five days, but it's more expensive than the Navigo pass and we would have to buy tickets for the three other days.
Are there other options I'm not aware of? Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, what are some fun things to do in Paris for New Year's Eve?
Transportation in Paris. Any advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 2 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 3 Honeymoon 2015
- 4 Automatic car rental in Italy: Dollar or Thrifty?
- 5 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 6 CDG to Lannion
- 7 What do you know about using the iPhone GPS app in Europe?
- 8 Hiking in the Pyrenees - day trip from Barcelona, no car
- 9 walking guide in Paris
- 10 Blog updates from Europe.
- 11 Looking for add on city
- 12 Trip to Pyrenees
- 13 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 14 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.
- 15 Mykonos - to rent a car or to not.
- 16 Need Accommodation in Versailles
- 17 Car rental Questions for Italy
- 18 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 19 Preparing for our European Family Trip
- 20 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 21 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 22 MXP Best Western to "The Last Supper"
- 23 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 24 Budapest to Bucharest (2 week trip)
- 25 Wedding In Positano Italy Sept 2014- NEED YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS