This December, I will finally be fulfilling my lifelong dream of visiting Paris!
I've never really travelled, my parents never had enough money. But I've been saving up and I'm going in December with my cousin.
We'll be arriving in Paris on the 27th of December, which is a Thursday, and we'll be leaving Friday, the 4th of January. I''m nervous about transportation, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice. Sould we get the 10 ticket carnet? The Navigo destination pass? Or the Paris visit pass?
We plan on going into zones 1 through 5 (Versailles is a place we will be visiting.) but the Paris Pass we will be purchasing, which lasts four days, will allow us travel on the first three lines of the metro. I'm not too sure what that mean, but I feel like we will be travelling on all kinds of metro lines, but also the other forms of transpo Paris has to offer( RER, bus, etc)
With the carnet, I'm not too sure if the tickets allow us to transfer from metro to bus, or how long they last. Will I have to use a ticket for each ride? Like from one metro line to the next? Or are they good for an entire trip? Will it be enough for the 8 days?
The Navigo weekly pass, only work from Monday to Sunday, but if we get it for the Monday, we will only use it for 4 days. What should we do for the days before?
The Paris Visite pass lasts five days, but it's more expensive than the Navigo pass and we would have to buy tickets for the three other days.
Are there other options I'm not aware of? Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, what are some fun things to do in Paris for New Year's Eve?
Transportation in Paris. Any advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 2 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 3 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 4 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 5 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 6 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 7 Itinerary Help!
- 8 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 9 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 10 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 11 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 12 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 13 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 14 He said , she said
- 15 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 16 Munich with a car?
- 17 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 18 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 19 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 20 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 21 Toulouse and beyond -
- 22 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 23 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 24 tour guides in rome
- 25 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014