This December, I will finally be fulfilling my lifelong dream of visiting Paris!
I've never really travelled, my parents never had enough money. But I've been saving up and I'm going in December with my cousin.
We'll be arriving in Paris on the 27th of December, which is a Thursday, and we'll be leaving Friday, the 4th of January. I''m nervous about transportation, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice. Sould we get the 10 ticket carnet? The Navigo destination pass? Or the Paris visit pass?
We plan on going into zones 1 through 5 (Versailles is a place we will be visiting.) but the Paris Pass we will be purchasing, which lasts four days, will allow us travel on the first three lines of the metro. I'm not too sure what that mean, but I feel like we will be travelling on all kinds of metro lines, but also the other forms of transpo Paris has to offer( RER, bus, etc)
With the carnet, I'm not too sure if the tickets allow us to transfer from metro to bus, or how long they last. Will I have to use a ticket for each ride? Like from one metro line to the next? Or are they good for an entire trip? Will it be enough for the 8 days?
The Navigo weekly pass, only work from Monday to Sunday, but if we get it for the Monday, we will only use it for 4 days. What should we do for the days before?
The Paris Visite pass lasts five days, but it's more expensive than the Navigo pass and we would have to buy tickets for the three other days.
Are there other options I'm not aware of? Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, what are some fun things to do in Paris for New Year's Eve?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence Travel Guide
- 2 London: Travel Alert for Kings Cross Station!
- 3 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 4 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 5 Italian lakes
- 6 Affordable 1 year French courses in France? Recommendations?
- 7 Via del Sale, Italy
- 8 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 9 Cornwall Advice
- 10 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 11 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 12 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 13 Andalucia itinerary help
- 14 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 15 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 16 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 17 Nafplio to Hydra
- 18 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 19 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 20 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 21 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 22 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 23 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 24 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 25 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?