This December, I will finally be fulfilling my lifelong dream of visiting Paris!
I've never really travelled, my parents never had enough money. But I've been saving up and I'm going in December with my cousin.
We'll be arriving in Paris on the 27th of December, which is a Thursday, and we'll be leaving Friday, the 4th of January. I''m nervous about transportation, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice. Sould we get the 10 ticket carnet? The Navigo destination pass? Or the Paris visit pass?
We plan on going into zones 1 through 5 (Versailles is a place we will be visiting.) but the Paris Pass we will be purchasing, which lasts four days, will allow us travel on the first three lines of the metro. I'm not too sure what that mean, but I feel like we will be travelling on all kinds of metro lines, but also the other forms of transpo Paris has to offer( RER, bus, etc)
With the carnet, I'm not too sure if the tickets allow us to transfer from metro to bus, or how long they last. Will I have to use a ticket for each ride? Like from one metro line to the next? Or are they good for an entire trip? Will it be enough for the 8 days?
The Navigo weekly pass, only work from Monday to Sunday, but if we get it for the Monday, we will only use it for 4 days. What should we do for the days before?
The Paris Visite pass lasts five days, but it's more expensive than the Navigo pass and we would have to buy tickets for the three other days.
Are there other options I'm not aware of? Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, what are some fun things to do in Paris for New Year's Eve?
Transportation in Paris. Any advice?
- 1 Rome L. Argentina Ruins - Can they be explored or just viewed from street?
- 2 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 Prague, Salzburg and Innsbruck
- 5 Three for the road
- 6 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 7 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 8 Budapest Vienna Munich - March 2014
- 9 Traveling to Europe for the first time
- 10 Make time for the Rhine and Mosel Valleys?
- 11 Itinerary Questions
- 12 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 13 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 14 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 15 British drivers
- 16 Portugal in September
- 17 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 18 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 19 Nuremberg Christkindlsmarkt Opening 2013
- 20 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 21 Place to propose
- 22 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 23 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 24 From Bologna to Barcelona
- 25 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?