This December, I will finally be fulfilling my lifelong dream of visiting Paris!
I've never really travelled, my parents never had enough money. But I've been saving up and I'm going in December with my cousin.
We'll be arriving in Paris on the 27th of December, which is a Thursday, and we'll be leaving Friday, the 4th of January. I''m nervous about transportation, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice. Sould we get the 10 ticket carnet? The Navigo destination pass? Or the Paris visit pass?
We plan on going into zones 1 through 5 (Versailles is a place we will be visiting.) but the Paris Pass we will be purchasing, which lasts four days, will allow us travel on the first three lines of the metro. I'm not too sure what that mean, but I feel like we will be travelling on all kinds of metro lines, but also the other forms of transpo Paris has to offer( RER, bus, etc)
With the carnet, I'm not too sure if the tickets allow us to transfer from metro to bus, or how long they last. Will I have to use a ticket for each ride? Like from one metro line to the next? Or are they good for an entire trip? Will it be enough for the 8 days?
The Navigo weekly pass, only work from Monday to Sunday, but if we get it for the Monday, we will only use it for 4 days. What should we do for the days before?
The Paris Visite pass lasts five days, but it's more expensive than the Navigo pass and we would have to buy tickets for the three other days.
Are there other options I'm not aware of? Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, what are some fun things to do in Paris for New Year's Eve?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (U.S) AOL Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 AOL Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 24 hours in Paris
- 3 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 4 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 5 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 6 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 7 Happy birthday ATM
- 8 tickets for Wimbledon
- 9 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 10 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 11 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 12 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 13 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 16 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 17 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 18 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 19 B&Bs in Pisa, Parma & Bologna, Hotel in Milan
- 20 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 21 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 22 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 23 Spain - day driver advice
- 24 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 25 London with Teens Trip Report