This December, I will finally be fulfilling my lifelong dream of visiting Paris!
I've never really travelled, my parents never had enough money. But I've been saving up and I'm going in December with my cousin.
We'll be arriving in Paris on the 27th of December, which is a Thursday, and we'll be leaving Friday, the 4th of January. I''m nervous about transportation, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice. Sould we get the 10 ticket carnet? The Navigo destination pass? Or the Paris visit pass?
We plan on going into zones 1 through 5 (Versailles is a place we will be visiting.) but the Paris Pass we will be purchasing, which lasts four days, will allow us travel on the first three lines of the metro. I'm not too sure what that mean, but I feel like we will be travelling on all kinds of metro lines, but also the other forms of transpo Paris has to offer( RER, bus, etc)
With the carnet, I'm not too sure if the tickets allow us to transfer from metro to bus, or how long they last. Will I have to use a ticket for each ride? Like from one metro line to the next? Or are they good for an entire trip? Will it be enough for the 8 days?
The Navigo weekly pass, only work from Monday to Sunday, but if we get it for the Monday, we will only use it for 4 days. What should we do for the days before?
The Paris Visite pass lasts five days, but it's more expensive than the Navigo pass and we would have to buy tickets for the three other days.
Are there other options I'm not aware of? Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, what are some fun things to do in Paris for New Year's Eve?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 2 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 3 Pay attention to your watches !
- 4 9 Days in Spain
- 5 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 6 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 7 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 8 Iceland early december visit
- 9 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 10 Zurich to Milan trip
- 11 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 12 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 13 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 14 Italy Car Scam
- 15 Quizz !
- 16 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 17 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 18 car insurance italy
- 19 Christmas Day in Granada
- 20 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 21 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 22 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 23 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 24 Venice/Mestre
- 25 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily