This December, I will finally be fulfilling my lifelong dream of visiting Paris!
I've never really travelled, my parents never had enough money. But I've been saving up and I'm going in December with my cousin.
We'll be arriving in Paris on the 27th of December, which is a Thursday, and we'll be leaving Friday, the 4th of January. I''m nervous about transportation, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice. Sould we get the 10 ticket carnet? The Navigo destination pass? Or the Paris visit pass?
We plan on going into zones 1 through 5 (Versailles is a place we will be visiting.) but the Paris Pass we will be purchasing, which lasts four days, will allow us travel on the first three lines of the metro. I'm not too sure what that mean, but I feel like we will be travelling on all kinds of metro lines, but also the other forms of transpo Paris has to offer( RER, bus, etc)
With the carnet, I'm not too sure if the tickets allow us to transfer from metro to bus, or how long they last. Will I have to use a ticket for each ride? Like from one metro line to the next? Or are they good for an entire trip? Will it be enough for the 8 days?
The Navigo weekly pass, only work from Monday to Sunday, but if we get it for the Monday, we will only use it for 4 days. What should we do for the days before?
The Paris Visite pass lasts five days, but it's more expensive than the Navigo pass and we would have to buy tickets for the three other days.
Are there other options I'm not aware of? Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, what are some fun things to do in Paris for New Year's Eve?
Transportation in Paris. Any advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 2 London neighborhood suggestions
- 3 Which other island would you pick for an Anniversary trip to Greece?
- 4 San Sebastian
- 5 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 6 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 7 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 8 Best hostels from experience
- 9 Istanbul Itinerary
- 10 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 11 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 12 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 13 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 14 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 15 What London location & hotels are the best for ??
- 16 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 17 London, Liverpool, Scotland Itinerary
- 18 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 19 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 20 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 21 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 22 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 23 7 Nights in Paris
- 24 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 25 Ferry or Catamaran from Split-Hvar