This December, I will finally be fulfilling my lifelong dream of visiting Paris!
I've never really travelled, my parents never had enough money. But I've been saving up and I'm going in December with my cousin.
We'll be arriving in Paris on the 27th of December, which is a Thursday, and we'll be leaving Friday, the 4th of January. I''m nervous about transportation, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice. Sould we get the 10 ticket carnet? The Navigo destination pass? Or the Paris visit pass?
We plan on going into zones 1 through 5 (Versailles is a place we will be visiting.) but the Paris Pass we will be purchasing, which lasts four days, will allow us travel on the first three lines of the metro. I'm not too sure what that mean, but I feel like we will be travelling on all kinds of metro lines, but also the other forms of transpo Paris has to offer( RER, bus, etc)
With the carnet, I'm not too sure if the tickets allow us to transfer from metro to bus, or how long they last. Will I have to use a ticket for each ride? Like from one metro line to the next? Or are they good for an entire trip? Will it be enough for the 8 days?
The Navigo weekly pass, only work from Monday to Sunday, but if we get it for the Monday, we will only use it for 4 days. What should we do for the days before?
The Paris Visite pass lasts five days, but it's more expensive than the Navigo pass and we would have to buy tickets for the three other days.
Are there other options I'm not aware of? Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, what are some fun things to do in Paris for New Year's Eve?
Transportation in Paris. Any advice?
- 1 7 days in Andalucia
- 2 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 3 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 4 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 5 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 6 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 7 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 8 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 9 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 10 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 11 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 12 rent car / Munich
- 13 Apartments in Rome
- 14 London for Christmas
- 15 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 16 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 17 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 20 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 21 Madrid to Sevilla
- 22 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 23 A full week in The Netherlands
- 24 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 25 Venice 3 days Itinerary.