This December, I will finally be fulfilling my lifelong dream of visiting Paris!
I've never really travelled, my parents never had enough money. But I've been saving up and I'm going in December with my cousin.
We'll be arriving in Paris on the 27th of December, which is a Thursday, and we'll be leaving Friday, the 4th of January. I''m nervous about transportation, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice. Sould we get the 10 ticket carnet? The Navigo destination pass? Or the Paris visit pass?
We plan on going into zones 1 through 5 (Versailles is a place we will be visiting.) but the Paris Pass we will be purchasing, which lasts four days, will allow us travel on the first three lines of the metro. I'm not too sure what that mean, but I feel like we will be travelling on all kinds of metro lines, but also the other forms of transpo Paris has to offer( RER, bus, etc)
With the carnet, I'm not too sure if the tickets allow us to transfer from metro to bus, or how long they last. Will I have to use a ticket for each ride? Like from one metro line to the next? Or are they good for an entire trip? Will it be enough for the 8 days?
The Navigo weekly pass, only work from Monday to Sunday, but if we get it for the Monday, we will only use it for 4 days. What should we do for the days before?
The Paris Visite pass lasts five days, but it's more expensive than the Navigo pass and we would have to buy tickets for the three other days.
Are there other options I'm not aware of? Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, what are some fun things to do in Paris for New Year's Eve?
Transportation in Paris. Any advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best time of day to get tickets to the Anne Frank Haus?
- 2 Vicenza day trip - can we walk everywhere?
- 3 Terrorism in Europe
- 4 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 5 Grad Schools in London?
- 6 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 7 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 8 Mama Mia Italy!
- 9 Chasing the Tour de France 2014
- 10 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 11 Paris in black and white
- 12 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 13 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 14 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 15 Day trips from Bologna
- 16 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 17 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 18 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 19 How did YOU get to Puglia?
- 20 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 21 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 22 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 23 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 24 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 25 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig