This December, I will finally be fulfilling my lifelong dream of visiting Paris!
I've never really travelled, my parents never had enough money. But I've been saving up and I'm going in December with my cousin.
We'll be arriving in Paris on the 27th of December, which is a Thursday, and we'll be leaving Friday, the 4th of January. I''m nervous about transportation, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice. Sould we get the 10 ticket carnet? The Navigo destination pass? Or the Paris visit pass?
We plan on going into zones 1 through 5 (Versailles is a place we will be visiting.) but the Paris Pass we will be purchasing, which lasts four days, will allow us travel on the first three lines of the metro. I'm not too sure what that mean, but I feel like we will be travelling on all kinds of metro lines, but also the other forms of transpo Paris has to offer( RER, bus, etc)
With the carnet, I'm not too sure if the tickets allow us to transfer from metro to bus, or how long they last. Will I have to use a ticket for each ride? Like from one metro line to the next? Or are they good for an entire trip? Will it be enough for the 8 days?
The Navigo weekly pass, only work from Monday to Sunday, but if we get it for the Monday, we will only use it for 4 days. What should we do for the days before?
The Paris Visite pass lasts five days, but it's more expensive than the Navigo pass and we would have to buy tickets for the three other days.
Are there other options I'm not aware of? Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, what are some fun things to do in Paris for New Year's Eve?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour or independent
- 2 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 3 Need a meeting point suggestion in southern France
- 4 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 5 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 6 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 7 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 8 Hertz Never Lost
- 9 student in denmark
- 10 First Time Europe Trip
- 11 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 12 The Fjords of Norway, Scandinavia - Itinerary Help for Family of Four
- 13 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 14 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 15 Sardinia, Italy and surrounding islands
- 16 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 17 Family-centered tour for Colosseum or Vatican? Please help!
- 18 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 19 Local Paris Restaurants?
- 20 Amalfi or Positano
- 21 Best way to get mobile internet in Spain?
- 22 Capri Ferry Tickets
- 23 Italy + Greece + Croatia
- 24 Munich, Germany
- 25 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips