This December, I will finally be fulfilling my lifelong dream of visiting Paris!
I've never really travelled, my parents never had enough money. But I've been saving up and I'm going in December with my cousin.
We'll be arriving in Paris on the 27th of December, which is a Thursday, and we'll be leaving Friday, the 4th of January. I''m nervous about transportation, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice. Sould we get the 10 ticket carnet? The Navigo destination pass? Or the Paris visit pass?
We plan on going into zones 1 through 5 (Versailles is a place we will be visiting.) but the Paris Pass we will be purchasing, which lasts four days, will allow us travel on the first three lines of the metro. I'm not too sure what that mean, but I feel like we will be travelling on all kinds of metro lines, but also the other forms of transpo Paris has to offer( RER, bus, etc)
With the carnet, I'm not too sure if the tickets allow us to transfer from metro to bus, or how long they last. Will I have to use a ticket for each ride? Like from one metro line to the next? Or are they good for an entire trip? Will it be enough for the 8 days?
The Navigo weekly pass, only work from Monday to Sunday, but if we get it for the Monday, we will only use it for 4 days. What should we do for the days before?
The Paris Visite pass lasts five days, but it's more expensive than the Navigo pass and we would have to buy tickets for the three other days.
Are there other options I'm not aware of? Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, what are some fun things to do in Paris for New Year's Eve?
Transportation in Paris. Any advice?
- 1 Day trip to Capri
- 2 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 3 Mature and Reliable nanny,housekeeper drivers and privatenurse needed in UK
- 4 London at Xmas
- 5 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 6 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 7 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 8 Iceland: whitewater river kayaking?
- 9 Palace of Versailles guided tours
- 10 Easyjet has changed the rules re size of carry-on baggage
- 11 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 12 Italian languaje course in Rome, acomodation advice
- 13 Buying tickets for London shows from online sites
- 14 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 15 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 16 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 17 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 18 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 19 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 20 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 21 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 22 Backpacking through Europe
- 23 Emergency apartment/hotel - Frankfurt -Dornstetten-Hallwangen area
- 24 Sardinia and Berlin Itinerary
- 25 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy