This December, I will finally be fulfilling my lifelong dream of visiting Paris!
I've never really travelled, my parents never had enough money. But I've been saving up and I'm going in December with my cousin.
We'll be arriving in Paris on the 27th of December, which is a Thursday, and we'll be leaving Friday, the 4th of January. I''m nervous about transportation, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice. Sould we get the 10 ticket carnet? The Navigo destination pass? Or the Paris visit pass?
We plan on going into zones 1 through 5 (Versailles is a place we will be visiting.) but the Paris Pass we will be purchasing, which lasts four days, will allow us travel on the first three lines of the metro. I'm not too sure what that mean, but I feel like we will be travelling on all kinds of metro lines, but also the other forms of transpo Paris has to offer( RER, bus, etc)
With the carnet, I'm not too sure if the tickets allow us to transfer from metro to bus, or how long they last. Will I have to use a ticket for each ride? Like from one metro line to the next? Or are they good for an entire trip? Will it be enough for the 8 days?
The Navigo weekly pass, only work from Monday to Sunday, but if we get it for the Monday, we will only use it for 4 days. What should we do for the days before?
The Paris Visite pass lasts five days, but it's more expensive than the Navigo pass and we would have to buy tickets for the three other days.
Are there other options I'm not aware of? Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, what are some fun things to do in Paris for New Year's Eve?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 2 St Denis Cathedral
- 3 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 4 Ireland itinerary help please
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 7 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 8 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 9 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 10 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 11 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 12 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 13 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 14 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 15 First time in Bulgaria
- 16 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 17 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 18 Alps Drive
- 19 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 20 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 21 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 22 Paris cooking classes
- 23 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 24 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 25 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?