This December, I will finally be fulfilling my lifelong dream of visiting Paris!
I've never really travelled, my parents never had enough money. But I've been saving up and I'm going in December with my cousin.
We'll be arriving in Paris on the 27th of December, which is a Thursday, and we'll be leaving Friday, the 4th of January. I''m nervous about transportation, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice. Sould we get the 10 ticket carnet? The Navigo destination pass? Or the Paris visit pass?
We plan on going into zones 1 through 5 (Versailles is a place we will be visiting.) but the Paris Pass we will be purchasing, which lasts four days, will allow us travel on the first three lines of the metro. I'm not too sure what that mean, but I feel like we will be travelling on all kinds of metro lines, but also the other forms of transpo Paris has to offer( RER, bus, etc)
With the carnet, I'm not too sure if the tickets allow us to transfer from metro to bus, or how long they last. Will I have to use a ticket for each ride? Like from one metro line to the next? Or are they good for an entire trip? Will it be enough for the 8 days?
The Navigo weekly pass, only work from Monday to Sunday, but if we get it for the Monday, we will only use it for 4 days. What should we do for the days before?
The Paris Visite pass lasts five days, but it's more expensive than the Navigo pass and we would have to buy tickets for the three other days.
Are there other options I'm not aware of? Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, what are some fun things to do in Paris for New Year's Eve?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 2 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 3 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 4 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 5 Poland in September
- 6 Fivizzano; near Aulla, Italy
- 7 Barcelona 4 days and Lisbon 3 days.
- 8 Family-centered tour for Colosseum or Vatican? Please help!
- 9 Please suggest a hike from Ravello- with kids
- 10 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 11 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 12 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 13 How to avoid waiting in line visiting Paris top monuments
- 14 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 15 Belgium advice
- 16 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 17 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 18 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 19 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 20 Amalfi or Positano
- 21 Rome to Positano
- 22 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 23 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 24 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 25 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -