This December, I will finally be fulfilling my lifelong dream of visiting Paris!
I've never really travelled, my parents never had enough money. But I've been saving up and I'm going in December with my cousin.
We'll be arriving in Paris on the 27th of December, which is a Thursday, and we'll be leaving Friday, the 4th of January. I''m nervous about transportation, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice. Sould we get the 10 ticket carnet? The Navigo destination pass? Or the Paris visit pass?
We plan on going into zones 1 through 5 (Versailles is a place we will be visiting.) but the Paris Pass we will be purchasing, which lasts four days, will allow us travel on the first three lines of the metro. I'm not too sure what that mean, but I feel like we will be travelling on all kinds of metro lines, but also the other forms of transpo Paris has to offer( RER, bus, etc)
With the carnet, I'm not too sure if the tickets allow us to transfer from metro to bus, or how long they last. Will I have to use a ticket for each ride? Like from one metro line to the next? Or are they good for an entire trip? Will it be enough for the 8 days?
The Navigo weekly pass, only work from Monday to Sunday, but if we get it for the Monday, we will only use it for 4 days. What should we do for the days before?
The Paris Visite pass lasts five days, but it's more expensive than the Navigo pass and we would have to buy tickets for the three other days.
Are there other options I'm not aware of? Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, what are some fun things to do in Paris for New Year's Eve?
Transportation in Paris. Any advice?
- 1 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 2 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help
- 3 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 4 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 5 Last monte Paris apartment
- 6 Wimpy's
- 7 Moonliner bus question - can you help please?
- 8 Vienna State Opera - possible for adult and child to switch seats?
- 9 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 10 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 11 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 12 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 13 Christmas in the Netherlands: David Sadaris reads "6 to 8 Black Men"
- 14 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 15 jungfraujoch mid june
- 16 Train from Naples to Sorrento
- 17 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 18 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 19 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 20 Lake Como & Venice - must sees, dos and eats??
- 21 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 22 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 23 San Lorenzo Market
- 24 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 25 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy