This December, I will finally be fulfilling my lifelong dream of visiting Paris!
I've never really travelled, my parents never had enough money. But I've been saving up and I'm going in December with my cousin.
We'll be arriving in Paris on the 27th of December, which is a Thursday, and we'll be leaving Friday, the 4th of January. I''m nervous about transportation, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice. Sould we get the 10 ticket carnet? The Navigo destination pass? Or the Paris visit pass?
We plan on going into zones 1 through 5 (Versailles is a place we will be visiting.) but the Paris Pass we will be purchasing, which lasts four days, will allow us travel on the first three lines of the metro. I'm not too sure what that mean, but I feel like we will be travelling on all kinds of metro lines, but also the other forms of transpo Paris has to offer( RER, bus, etc)
With the carnet, I'm not too sure if the tickets allow us to transfer from metro to bus, or how long they last. Will I have to use a ticket for each ride? Like from one metro line to the next? Or are they good for an entire trip? Will it be enough for the 8 days?
The Navigo weekly pass, only work from Monday to Sunday, but if we get it for the Monday, we will only use it for 4 days. What should we do for the days before?
The Paris Visite pass lasts five days, but it's more expensive than the Navigo pass and we would have to buy tickets for the three other days.
Are there other options I'm not aware of? Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, what are some fun things to do in Paris for New Year's Eve?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question About My US Passport for Visit to France
- 2 Safe to Travel?
- 3 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 4 Seeking Croatia/Slovenia planning assistance
- 5 Rotisserie Chicken on Paris
- 6 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 7 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 8 Charles de Gaulle airport: Speediest arrival and departure ever!
- 9 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 10 Car rental leaving Rome
- 11 Help needed for itinerary planning: Iceland
- 12 Ideas for Month in Germany
- 13 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 14 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 15 Boots for Christmastime in Germany?
- 16 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 17 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 18 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 19 Airfare from Boston to Rome
- 20 Recommendations for a Drive through Chianti
- 21 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 22 Hotel in Tenerife, Canary Islands
- 23 Why Not Helsinki?
- 24 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 25 Rome to Todi on a Sunday - public transport help please