This December, I will finally be fulfilling my lifelong dream of visiting Paris!
I've never really travelled, my parents never had enough money. But I've been saving up and I'm going in December with my cousin.
We'll be arriving in Paris on the 27th of December, which is a Thursday, and we'll be leaving Friday, the 4th of January. I''m nervous about transportation, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice. Sould we get the 10 ticket carnet? The Navigo destination pass? Or the Paris visit pass?
We plan on going into zones 1 through 5 (Versailles is a place we will be visiting.) but the Paris Pass we will be purchasing, which lasts four days, will allow us travel on the first three lines of the metro. I'm not too sure what that mean, but I feel like we will be travelling on all kinds of metro lines, but also the other forms of transpo Paris has to offer( RER, bus, etc)
With the carnet, I'm not too sure if the tickets allow us to transfer from metro to bus, or how long they last. Will I have to use a ticket for each ride? Like from one metro line to the next? Or are they good for an entire trip? Will it be enough for the 8 days?
The Navigo weekly pass, only work from Monday to Sunday, but if we get it for the Monday, we will only use it for 4 days. What should we do for the days before?
The Paris Visite pass lasts five days, but it's more expensive than the Navigo pass and we would have to buy tickets for the three other days.
Are there other options I'm not aware of? Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, what are some fun things to do in Paris for New Year's Eve?
Transportation in Paris. Any advice?
- 1 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 2 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 3 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 4 Istanbul in April
- 5 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 6 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 7 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 8 Hotel problems in Barcelona Gothic Quarter - Must Read
- 9 Paris Recommendations
- 10 Find ER, hospital, or clinic in Latin quarter, Paris
- 11 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 12 Train from Barcelona to Figueras, and Figueras to Perpignan
- 13 10 days in Barcelona - itinerary ideas?
- 14 Paris in 8 days ALONE
- 15 day trips from Stuttgart
- 16 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 17 8-10 Night Italy Itinerary Please Help!
- 18 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 19 Retirement Vacation
- 20 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 21 Amalfi, Italy hostel - recommendation for college aged traveler?
- 22 Croatia Question: Korcula or Lastovo?
- 23 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 24 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 25 Ordering wine in Paris