This December, I will finally be fulfilling my lifelong dream of visiting Paris!
I've never really travelled, my parents never had enough money. But I've been saving up and I'm going in December with my cousin.
We'll be arriving in Paris on the 27th of December, which is a Thursday, and we'll be leaving Friday, the 4th of January. I''m nervous about transportation, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice. Sould we get the 10 ticket carnet? The Navigo destination pass? Or the Paris visit pass?
We plan on going into zones 1 through 5 (Versailles is a place we will be visiting.) but the Paris Pass we will be purchasing, which lasts four days, will allow us travel on the first three lines of the metro. I'm not too sure what that mean, but I feel like we will be travelling on all kinds of metro lines, but also the other forms of transpo Paris has to offer( RER, bus, etc)
With the carnet, I'm not too sure if the tickets allow us to transfer from metro to bus, or how long they last. Will I have to use a ticket for each ride? Like from one metro line to the next? Or are they good for an entire trip? Will it be enough for the 8 days?
The Navigo weekly pass, only work from Monday to Sunday, but if we get it for the Monday, we will only use it for 4 days. What should we do for the days before?
The Paris Visite pass lasts five days, but it's more expensive than the Navigo pass and we would have to buy tickets for the three other days.
Are there other options I'm not aware of? Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, what are some fun things to do in Paris for New Year's Eve?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 2 Sicily or Rome
- 3 Italy
- 4 http://musclegrowth77.com/garcinia-replenish/
- 5 When and how to book for a trip?
- 6 Provence to Nice driving
- 7 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 8 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 9 lago maggiore: where to stay
- 10 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 11 Hotels in Aix-En-Provence
- 12 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 13 France to stop making foie grois
- 14 Small detour from Paris
- 15 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 16 Switzerland/Italy Advice
- 17 Germany / Austria in December with parents - weather question, please help!
- 18 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 19 Quick drive thru Luxmbourg
- 20 please revew provence agenda
- 21 file of medicinal drug alleviation plans
- 22 Transportation from Spain to Portugal
- 23 Input on England, Scotland & Ireland
- 24 holiday problem in Budapest
- 25 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split