This December, I will finally be fulfilling my lifelong dream of visiting Paris!
I've never really travelled, my parents never had enough money. But I've been saving up and I'm going in December with my cousin.
We'll be arriving in Paris on the 27th of December, which is a Thursday, and we'll be leaving Friday, the 4th of January. I''m nervous about transportation, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice. Sould we get the 10 ticket carnet? The Navigo destination pass? Or the Paris visit pass?
We plan on going into zones 1 through 5 (Versailles is a place we will be visiting.) but the Paris Pass we will be purchasing, which lasts four days, will allow us travel on the first three lines of the metro. I'm not too sure what that mean, but I feel like we will be travelling on all kinds of metro lines, but also the other forms of transpo Paris has to offer( RER, bus, etc)
With the carnet, I'm not too sure if the tickets allow us to transfer from metro to bus, or how long they last. Will I have to use a ticket for each ride? Like from one metro line to the next? Or are they good for an entire trip? Will it be enough for the 8 days?
The Navigo weekly pass, only work from Monday to Sunday, but if we get it for the Monday, we will only use it for 4 days. What should we do for the days before?
The Paris Visite pass lasts five days, but it's more expensive than the Navigo pass and we would have to buy tickets for the three other days.
Are there other options I'm not aware of? Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, what are some fun things to do in Paris for New Year's Eve?
Transportation in Paris. Any advice?
- 1 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 2 Venice in Jan
- 3 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 4 Public transport from Ostuni
- 5 Spain Travel
- 6 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 7 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 8 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 9 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 10 Itinerary Questions
- 11 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 12 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 13 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 14 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 15 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?
- 16 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 17 Our Happy Return to Sunny Tuscany (plus a small bite of Bologna, too!)
- 18 A full week in The Netherlands
- 19 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 20 Photo trip report - Belgium/France/Germany
- 21 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 22 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 23 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 24 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 25 Lake como