This December, I will finally be fulfilling my lifelong dream of visiting Paris!
I've never really travelled, my parents never had enough money. But I've been saving up and I'm going in December with my cousin.
We'll be arriving in Paris on the 27th of December, which is a Thursday, and we'll be leaving Friday, the 4th of January. I''m nervous about transportation, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice. Sould we get the 10 ticket carnet? The Navigo destination pass? Or the Paris visit pass?
We plan on going into zones 1 through 5 (Versailles is a place we will be visiting.) but the Paris Pass we will be purchasing, which lasts four days, will allow us travel on the first three lines of the metro. I'm not too sure what that mean, but I feel like we will be travelling on all kinds of metro lines, but also the other forms of transpo Paris has to offer( RER, bus, etc)
With the carnet, I'm not too sure if the tickets allow us to transfer from metro to bus, or how long they last. Will I have to use a ticket for each ride? Like from one metro line to the next? Or are they good for an entire trip? Will it be enough for the 8 days?
The Navigo weekly pass, only work from Monday to Sunday, but if we get it for the Monday, we will only use it for 4 days. What should we do for the days before?
The Paris Visite pass lasts five days, but it's more expensive than the Navigo pass and we would have to buy tickets for the three other days.
Are there other options I'm not aware of? Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, what are some fun things to do in Paris for New Year's Eve?
Transportation in Paris. Any advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 2 Spain Questions
- 3 9 days in turkey
- 4 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 5 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 6 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 7 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 8 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 9 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 10 Street food in Turkey
- 11 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 12 Mont St Michel
- 13 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 14 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 15 Renting a car in Ireland - pick up/off at Dublin airport or city center?
- 16 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 17 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 18 Dublin Hostels
- 19 Avignon to London?
- 20 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 21 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 22 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 23 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 24 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 25 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam