This December, I will finally be fulfilling my lifelong dream of visiting Paris!
I've never really travelled, my parents never had enough money. But I've been saving up and I'm going in December with my cousin.
We'll be arriving in Paris on the 27th of December, which is a Thursday, and we'll be leaving Friday, the 4th of January. I''m nervous about transportation, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice. Sould we get the 10 ticket carnet? The Navigo destination pass? Or the Paris visit pass?
We plan on going into zones 1 through 5 (Versailles is a place we will be visiting.) but the Paris Pass we will be purchasing, which lasts four days, will allow us travel on the first three lines of the metro. I'm not too sure what that mean, but I feel like we will be travelling on all kinds of metro lines, but also the other forms of transpo Paris has to offer( RER, bus, etc)
With the carnet, I'm not too sure if the tickets allow us to transfer from metro to bus, or how long they last. Will I have to use a ticket for each ride? Like from one metro line to the next? Or are they good for an entire trip? Will it be enough for the 8 days?
The Navigo weekly pass, only work from Monday to Sunday, but if we get it for the Monday, we will only use it for 4 days. What should we do for the days before?
The Paris Visite pass lasts five days, but it's more expensive than the Navigo pass and we would have to buy tickets for the three other days.
Are there other options I'm not aware of? Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, what are some fun things to do in Paris for New Year's Eve?
Transportation in Paris. Any advice?
- 1 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 2 Spain / fatima - itinerary suggestion 10 days
- 3 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 4 East coast trains
- 5 Local Living Rome- G adventures
- 6 Day trip to Capri
- 7 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 8 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 9 from Loire (Tours) to Amsterdam?
- 10 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 11 Easyjet has changed the rules re size of carry-on baggage
- 12 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 13 Best driving route from Barga to Malpensa?
- 14 Transport from Rome airport to Civitavecchia
- 15 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 16 Florence to nice- help
- 17 Driving in Genoa
- 18 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 19 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 20 Looking for info on wine and countryside tour from Rome
- 21 Venice experts--the apartment in Castello or the one in Canareggio
- 22 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 23 Car Rental Locations
- 24 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 25 Croatia Restaurant Recommendations