This December, I will finally be fulfilling my lifelong dream of visiting Paris!
I've never really travelled, my parents never had enough money. But I've been saving up and I'm going in December with my cousin.
We'll be arriving in Paris on the 27th of December, which is a Thursday, and we'll be leaving Friday, the 4th of January. I''m nervous about transportation, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice. Sould we get the 10 ticket carnet? The Navigo destination pass? Or the Paris visit pass?
We plan on going into zones 1 through 5 (Versailles is a place we will be visiting.) but the Paris Pass we will be purchasing, which lasts four days, will allow us travel on the first three lines of the metro. I'm not too sure what that mean, but I feel like we will be travelling on all kinds of metro lines, but also the other forms of transpo Paris has to offer( RER, bus, etc)
With the carnet, I'm not too sure if the tickets allow us to transfer from metro to bus, or how long they last. Will I have to use a ticket for each ride? Like from one metro line to the next? Or are they good for an entire trip? Will it be enough for the 8 days?
The Navigo weekly pass, only work from Monday to Sunday, but if we get it for the Monday, we will only use it for 4 days. What should we do for the days before?
The Paris Visite pass lasts five days, but it's more expensive than the Navigo pass and we would have to buy tickets for the three other days.
Are there other options I'm not aware of? Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, what are some fun things to do in Paris for New Year's Eve?
Transportation in Paris. Any advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?
- 2 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 3 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 4 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 5 netherlands-Prag-vienne-budapest-munich BY CAR in WINTER?roads?
- 6 London - Paris - Venice - Flight & Transport Questions
- 7 Paris then Glasgow with 5 kids
- 8 Trip report: solo female traveler in Spain
- 9 Pacsafe Neck Wallet / Women travel and Spain & Seville tips/safety
- 10 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 11 Trip to Pyrenees
- 12 Traveling to Russia and then onto Germany or Austria...Good idea?
- 13 Spain to France Itenerary Question: Plane or Train
- 14 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 15 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 16 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 17 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 18 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 19 Vacation Pictures
- 20 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 21 Florence/Tuscany and Rome - help with details!!
- 22 Milan/Venice/Como/Milan Train Transportation
- 23 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 24 Touring Europe with 1 year old
- 25 Purse week?