I will be in Italy for 11 days this up coming March.
I will be staying in Florence with my niece. However, I do plan to stay in Cinque Terre a couple nights out of my stay.
Anyway, I have had people tell me that I should rent a car for the time that I am there so I can go off the beaten path and explore a little bit. Then I have other people telling me just to take the trains everywhere because it is a hassle to drive in Italy.
I will be traveling to Rome, Venice, and other places. But, only for day trips. The only place I will stay over night is Cinque Terre.
If anyone has any advice on this topic that will be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 Days in Spain
- 2 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 9 Spanish Medical Providers
- 10 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 11 Paris to Italy
- 12 Driving through Paris
- 13 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 14 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 15 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 16 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Road trip with our dog
- 20 Frankfurt to UK
- 21 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 22 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 23 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 24 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 25 Electrical Power Conversion