I will be in Italy for 11 days this up coming March.
I will be staying in Florence with my niece. However, I do plan to stay in Cinque Terre a couple nights out of my stay.
Anyway, I have had people tell me that I should rent a car for the time that I am there so I can go off the beaten path and explore a little bit. Then I have other people telling me just to take the trains everywhere because it is a hassle to drive in Italy.
I will be traveling to Rome, Venice, and other places. But, only for day trips. The only place I will stay over night is Cinque Terre.
If anyone has any advice on this topic that will be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 2 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 5 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 6 International Flight Question
- 7 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 8 Interesting places to visit
- 9 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 10 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 11 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 12 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 13 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 14 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 15 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 16 Budapest in December 2017
- 17 Petrol in Greece
- 18 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 19 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 20 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 21 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 22 Dijon in December!
- 23 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking