I want to add an App to my Android phone that would help me in Paris and Provence. I speak only about five french words. I think having something that would allow me to translate words on menus, for example, into English would be helpful. Alternatively, if there is a good App that would translate what I want to tell someone into French, that might be helpful too. I picture typing what I want to say into the phone, and then letting a waiter, for example, read the french translation. There are tons of English - French apps, it would appear - but the reviews center on students using them to do homework!!! Has anyone had good luck with one while traveling?
Translation French/English and English/French App for Smart Phone
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 2 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 3 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 4 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 5 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 6 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 7 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 8 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 9 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 10 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 11 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 12 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 13 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG
- 14 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 15 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 16 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 17 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 18 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 19 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 20 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 21 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 22 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 23 I dream of Europe
- 24 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 25 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris