I want to add an App to my Android phone that would help me in Paris and Provence. I speak only about five french words. I think having something that would allow me to translate words on menus, for example, into English would be helpful. Alternatively, if there is a good App that would translate what I want to tell someone into French, that might be helpful too. I picture typing what I want to say into the phone, and then letting a waiter, for example, read the french translation. There are tons of English - French apps, it would appear - but the reviews center on students using them to do homework!!! Has anyone had good luck with one while traveling?
Translation French/English and English/French App for Smart Phone
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 2 Toulouse and beyond -
- 3 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 4 Munich with a car?
- 5 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 6 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 7 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 8 Day trip on the Rhine
- 9 Hut to hut hiking in Bavarian alps
- 10 Germany-berlin marathon
- 11 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 12 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 13 museum passes in Rome
- 14 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 15 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 16 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 17 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 18 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 19 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 20 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 21 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 22 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 23 Estonia Amber
- 24 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 25 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey