We will be arriving on an overnight flight from the US into Amsterdam. Our hotel is right near the central train station in Amsterdam, and thought we would take a train from the AP. However, as seniors, with some luggage, and a bit jet lagged, should we just bight the bullet and take a taxi? I think I have heard that a train stops right in/at the airport. Of course we will have euros with us, but how tricky is it to buy tickets? Is there a ticket window, or a bank of automated vending machines? Would love some advice.
Train or taxi in Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 2 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 3 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 4 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 5 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 6 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 7 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 8 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 9 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 10 Arc de Triumph Question
- 11 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 12 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 13 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 14 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 15 Tivoli Gardens - any special place for birthday dinner
- 16 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 17 What to wear
- 18 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 19 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 20 Paris November 2014
- 21 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 22 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 23 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 24 Traveling in France by train
- 25 Which lake to visit in Italy