We will be arriving on an overnight flight from the US into Amsterdam. Our hotel is right near the central train station in Amsterdam, and thought we would take a train from the AP. However, as seniors, with some luggage, and a bit jet lagged, should we just bight the bullet and take a taxi? I think I have heard that a train stops right in/at the airport. Of course we will have euros with us, but how tricky is it to buy tickets? Is there a ticket window, or a bank of automated vending machines? Would love some advice.
Train or taxi in Amsterdam
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 2 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 3 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 4 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 5 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 6 How early to get to CDG
- 7 Venice in Jan
- 8 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 9 Barcelona: Sagrada Familia: which tower to go up?
- 10 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 11 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 12 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 13 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 14 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 15 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 16 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 17 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 18 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 19 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 20 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 21 Prague Main Train Station
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 24 woman dining alone in Barcelona: where to eat?
- 25 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland