I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Tips on a trip to London, Edinburgh and Speyside
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 2 5 days France Itinerary
- 3 10 days in England
- 4 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 5 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?
- 6 Safe to use hotel room safe?
- 7 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 8 Food Critics Pans French Restaurant Food and the 'Fait Maison' Logo...
- 9 Planning to visit Barcelona and Santander in the fall next year
- 10 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 11 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 12 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 13 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 14 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 15 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 16 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 17 London - Paris - Venice - Flight & Transport Questions
- 18 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 19 What do you wish you'd known about Iceland before you went?
- 20 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 21 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 22 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 23 Confusing Care rental in Italy Continued . . . Locauto?
- 24 Villa Borghese - Neighborhood restaurants?
- 25 Budapest to Bucharest (2 week trip)