I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 2 4 or 5 nights Berlin
- 3 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 4 Munich, Germany
- 5 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 6 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 7 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 8 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 9 Cornwall to Edinburgh in 25 days ????
- 10 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 11 Touring Wales
- 12 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 13 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 14 First Time Europe Trip
- 15 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 16 First Zermatt Ski Trip
- 17 Slovenia + Croatia HELP!
- 18 St Andrews advice
- 19 3 nights in Tuscany
- 20 Cordoba or Granada?
- 21 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 22 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 23 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 24 train from ams to paris
- 25 Backpack with Infant carrier?