I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Tips on a trip to London, Edinburgh and Speyside
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Small group for Colosseum
- 3 Any knowledge of the Kavouri - Vouliagmeni (Athens Suburbs) Greece
- 4 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 5 Useful website for France
- 6 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 7 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 8 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 9 Munich and Dachau
- 10 London visit
- 11 Duoro river cruises
- 12 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 13 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 14 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 15 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 16 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 17 SIM card for eastern europe
- 18 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 19 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 20 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 21 Madrid and London
- 22 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 23 21 Days in Central Europe
- 24 Three days in Spain
- 25 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?