I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Tips on a trip to London, Edinburgh and Speyside
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Uk visa processing time
- 2 NZ Passport validity
- 3 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 4 Border controls at Frankfurt for NZers
- 5 Uk visa
- 6 Hotel Royal St Honore - Paris in August
- 7 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 8 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 9 Afternoon Tea in London: Savoy vs. Ritz
- 10 22" or 24" for Europe trains?
- 11 Paris Street Market Selling Soaps from Provence
- 12 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 13 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 14 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 15 4 days in Sorrento, 4 days in Rome--expert advice needed!
- 16 Porto to Salamanca
- 17 Trip to Italy
- 18 Classical Music Concert in Vienna
- 19 Copenhagen hotel
- 20 scotland trave;
- 21 Mediterranean Vacation - Transportation
- 22 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 23 Rental car and Portugal toll charges
- 24 If you had a do-over @ Hampton Court Palace..
- 25 Please help me plan my trip!