I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Hotels
- 2 Paris hotels
- 3 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 6 Back from Paris
- 7 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 8 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 9 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 10 Summer Travel order
- 11 10 days in Paris and......
- 12 Another tipping question: concierges
- 13 Brugge hotel help
- 14 Luggage Storage
- 15 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 16 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 17 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 18 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 19 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 20 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 21 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 22 LIsbon
- 23 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 24 International Flight Question
- 25 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily