I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Tips on a trip to London, Edinburgh and Speyside
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pompeii train to Naples
- 2 Small group for Colosseum
- 3 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 4 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 5 No points in Paris .....
- 6 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 7 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 8 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 9 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 10 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 11 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 12 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 13 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 14 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 15 best time to book accommodation
- 16 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 17 Stay near Paris
- 18 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 19 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 20 Sicily - not a trip report
- 21 Chip but no PIN
- 22 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 23 Questions for my German friends
- 24 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 25 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend