I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Tips on a trip to London, Edinburgh and Speyside
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 2 Amsterdam - Paris - Barcelona
- 3 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 4 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 5 Italy things to do?
- 6 Sky diving in Barcelona
- 7 Traditional food in Athens
- 8 Question on trip (Travelling to different countries)
- 9 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 10 Interesting Article About Capitaine Train
- 11 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 12 Spending money in Italy?
- 13 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 14 Getting From Italy to London
- 15 Home base stay in Italy for vacation
- 16 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 17 Dordogne & Languedoc - Gorges, Castles & Caves Itinerary Need Help Please
- 18 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 19 Opera Kings to Europe-Ongoing Report
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 21 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 22 Getting cash in Spain
- 23 I went to Paris in June
- 24 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 25 Help with itinerary Bulgaria and Romania