I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Tips on a trip to London, Edinburgh and Speyside
- 1 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 2 Airport shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 3 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 4 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 5 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 6 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 7 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 8 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 9 Apartment in Seville
- 10 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 11 10 days in Andalusia in Feb 2014 - best home base
- 12 Which tour company would be best?
- 13 Irish Pub Arrival Time ?
- 14 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 15 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 16 Germany and Italy
- 17 day trips from Stuttgart
- 18 Hotels in Sorrento
- 19 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 20 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 21 two weeks in Croatia Bosnia and Montenegro
- 22 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 23 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 24 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 25 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy