I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 2 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 3 To do afternoon of arrival in London
- 4 Guides - Matera
- 5 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 6 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 7 Spain Itinerary Help
- 8 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 9 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 10 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 11 Ravello to Paestum
- 12 Private Guide for Anhambra in Granada
- 13 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 14 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 15 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 16 Girona and Besalau
- 17 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 18 London Itinerary and Questions
- 19 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 20 4 flats for a month in Ireland
- 21 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 22 MiFi in Italy
- 23 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 24 Barcelona completely overrated
- 25 French lavender and cottages