I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pompei Excursion from Sorrento? What do you think of this estimate?
- 2 My summer in Paris
- 3 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 4 Advice on best area to stay in Barcelona
- 5 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 6 RTVE article on Spain ATM fees
- 7 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 8 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 9 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 10 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 11 Sweden- and another thing
- 12 Vienna restaurants?
- 13 Italy- Sicily and the Amalfi coast - travel logistics
- 14 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 15 Amsterdam and beyond
- 16 Puglia and Matera
- 17 Alsace
- 18 November in Greece
- 19 Travel help laundary
- 20 Italian trains on Sunday
- 21 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 22 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 23 Rhine / Mosel Rivers in Germany and Beyond
- 24 Fodor Forum Valuable
- 25 Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau