I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Tips on a trip to London, Edinburgh and Speyside
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Too many Trip Reports
- 2 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 3 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 4 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 5 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 6 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 7 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 8 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 9 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 10 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 11 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 12 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 13 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 14 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 15 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 16 Help with England/Wales tour
- 17 Reykjavik hotels
- 18 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 19 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 20 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 21 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 22 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 23 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 24 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 25 Roaming Romania, Take Two