I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Tips on a trip to London, Edinburgh and Speyside
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southwestern England
- 2 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 3 Amsterdam with young toddler
- 4 Where to stay near Pont du Gard
- 5 Mont St. Michele?
- 6 Apartments (via airbnb) or Hotels / B&Bs in Italy
- 7 Belgium for 4 nights by train
- 8 Where to stay in Varenna, Italy for 2 nights?
- 9 Alhambra questions
- 10 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 11 Which disposable cell phone to buy in France?
- 12 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 13 Drone video of the north of the Netherlands
- 14 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 15 Itinerary help for 3 weeks Frankfurt to Paris
- 16 Traffic fine one year later! What to do?
- 17 EuroRail- Italy vs. Tickets
- 18 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 19 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 20 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 21 Can You Name theTen Most Popular Tourist Cities In Europe???
- 22 Critique my Paris Itinerary
- 23 Train Madrid-Granada-Seville?
- 24 Help with Itinerary, choosing Florence and Venice over Chianti area
- 25 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations