I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi coast 8 days with 4 yr old
- 2 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 3 Plug to carry for US gadget charging
- 4 Scandinavian and Baltic Adventure - our trip report
- 5 air conditioning
- 6 Avignon: hotel l'europe or cloitre st louis and gordes
- 7 Barcelona Barcelona where have you been all my life! Days 1 and 2
- 8 Gibraltar-is it worth a stop?
- 9 Our Paris plans
- 10 Hotels near Roma Termini
- 11 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 12 Need hotel recs for Munich and SOM country
- 13 Italy Trip - 2 Weeks
- 14 Bath or Exeter
- 15 Any recent visitors to Aran Sweater Market Inis Mor Island, Ireland?
- 16 Switzerland - altitude sickness question.
- 17 Have you been to the Ferrari Museum in Italy
- 18 Perigord Noir-not a good fit for us
- 19 Have I made a mistake in my apartment choice in Paris?
- 20 1st time in Europe - need help
- 21 Ostuni favourites
- 22 Dubrovnik City Wall Walk - Hours?
- 23 Strasbourg or Obernai?
- 24 Help with an itinerary that centers on Crete?
- 25 Stratford-upon-avon in England