I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland Highlands Help
- 2 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 3 Amsterdam, Germany
- 4 Changing planes in Frankfurt
- 5 Ravenna Mosaics
- 6 Our time in Rome
- 7 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 8 Berlin, germany
- 9 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 10 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 11 Itinerary Critique, please?
- 12 What to shop for in Floeence, Chianti, Montalcino and CT
- 13 Greece Itinerary
- 14 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 15 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 16 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 17 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 18 Barcelona and coastal towns
- 19 evening of song and dance
- 20 Hallstatt to Salzburg- getting back transportation questions
- 21 Dinan or Avranches to visit Le Mont St. Michel?
- 22 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 23 Bed & Breakfast in Ireland - need reservations?
- 24 Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
- 25 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1