I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 2 Ireland
- 3 Killarney
- 4 Italian car factory tours
- 5 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 6 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 9 Prague itinerary advice
- 10 Self drive tour companies
- 11 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 12 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 13 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 14 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 15 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 16 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 17 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 18 10 day Italy
- 19 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 20 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 21 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 22 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 23 Planning a European Trip
- 24 France, UK and Ireland
- 25 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?