I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Tips on a trip to London, Edinburgh and Speyside
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 2 England in 7 days
- 3 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 4 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 5 A guide to Copenhagen.
- 6 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 7 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 8 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 9 Potential trip - Balkans
- 10 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 11 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 12 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 13 Back to Provence in 2015
- 14 finally, an itinerary that seems ok..but still not sure
- 15 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 16 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 17 Dordogne lodging
- 18 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 19 Rocamaxour
- 20 Dordogne markets
- 21 Hotels and public transport re: Cheltenham Spa
- 22 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 23 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 24 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 25 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper