I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Tips on a trip to London, Edinburgh and Speyside
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France/Italy Itinerary Check
- 2 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 3 Estonia Amber
- 4 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 5 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 6 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 7 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 8 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 9 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 10 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 11 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 12 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 13 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 14 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 15 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 16 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 17 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 18 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 19 9 days in turkey
- 20 Burg Eltz
- 21 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 22 Germany-berlin marathon
- 23 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 24 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 25 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt