I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Tips on a trip to London, Edinburgh and Speyside
- 1 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 2 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 5 Is there a Morning Ferry from Mykonos to Paros in late May on a Friday?
- 6 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 7 first european holiday itinery
- 8 7 days in Andalucia
- 9 London for Christmas
- 10 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 11 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 12 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 13 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 14 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 15 To Paris and Provence in June
- 16 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 17 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 18 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 19 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 20 A full week in The Netherlands
- 21 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 22 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 23 Apartments in Rome
- 24 Prague - must see
- 25 Hungary and Czech Republic