I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Tips on a trip to London, Edinburgh and Speyside
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Trip to Europe
- 2 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 3 Anyone used otel.com - is it reputable
- 4 Two Month Europe Trip
- 5 Bella to Rome
- 6 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 7 Renting a car in Portugal from Autoeurope.com
- 8 30 male travelling alone for first time to central london.
- 9 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 10 The east coast of Italy
- 11 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 12 Bologna - 5 days too much?
- 13 Had vignette but got ticket anyway!
- 14 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 15 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 16 Cruise stop at Livirono (Florence/Pisa)
- 17 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 18 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 19 car rental avignon one day or hiring a driver
- 20 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 21 Greece - Athens to Olympia Day Trip
- 22 Ireland itinerary assistance
- 23 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 24 Latest Itinerary
- 25 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??