I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 2 Help me celebrate my daughter's 10th Birthday in Austria!
- 3 Nonstop from Belfast to ...???
- 4 Montpillier Car Rental Return Help
- 5 ICELAND DAY 2 and 3!
- 6 ICELAND DAY 1
- 7 Stockholm+Copenhagen or Amsterdam + Ghent + Brugge in July
- 8 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 9 Need Help Planning a 19 day visit to Ireland
- 10 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 11 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 12 Rental Cars and paying the electronic tolls in Portugal
- 13 14 Days in Portugal - Help with Itinerary
- 14 21 day France trip booked w lodging. Now what do I need to focus on?
- 15 Italy - Sorrento to Rome
- 16 Anyone ever used Northwest Walks or Sherpa for a C2C England hike?
- 17 Trip to France (Provence, Languedoc/Roussillon) - a quick summary
- 18 Greek island cruise or self tour
- 19 Advice on long week trip to Germany
- 20 Bucket list trip to Ireland - need so much help!
- 21 Is there any dog-sledding in the Bernese Oberland?
- 22 Travel Plan during Christmas in Italy
- 23 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 24 Trip Help: 3-4 weeks in July
- 25 Advice on Transportation - Berlin