I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Tips on a trip to London, Edinburgh and Speyside
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Monet's Giverny
- 2 wedding abroad
- 3 2 Weeks in Spain for a wedding in Leon.
- 4 ferry messina to reggio calabria
- 5 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 6 Innsbruck or Interlaken/Jungfrau for winter activities in May
- 7 Train from Barcelona-Saints to Estacio de Franca
- 8 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 4 First Evening in Vienna
- 9 hotel near Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen
- 10 Three weeks in Italy with a two-year old
- 11 Paris or Rome in March or possibly September/October
- 12 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 13 Cookware in France
- 14 Vespa Tour - Florence
- 15 apartment
- 16 Biking from The Hague to Rotterdam
- 17 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 18 Vaucluse Lavander
- 19 Recommended drivers for Tuscany
- 20 Tuscany-private driver for hire?
- 21 Pilgrim Churches of the Llyn Peninsula
- 22 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 23 English language info/site for Belgium bus services
- 24 Powerscourt OR Glendalough?
- 25 Switzerland - where to for this trip?