I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Tips on a trip to London, Edinburgh and Speyside
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany with friends who have never been there
- 2 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 3 Avignon to London?
- 4 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 5 Amsterdam: Recommendations on places to visit and eat
- 6 Last minute ideas anyone?
- 7 Another Maitai Pre-Adventure Conundrum
- 8 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 9 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 10 Milan car rental and other Italy questions.
- 11 taxi line at FCO airport
- 12 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 13 Barcelona itinerary- please help
- 14 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 15 3-4 days in Italy before Monaco Conference suggestions
- 16 Interested In Coach Passes
- 17 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 18 Getting from Zagreb to Vienna to Cesky Krumlov to Prague, etc.
- 19 Where to stay one night during our drive from Amboise to Avignon?
- 20 First time in Europe!
- 21 Travel with connecting flights
- 22 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 23 Florence Hotel Advice
- 24 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 25 MXP to Dolomites--Where To Stay In Between