I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 2 Traveling in Belgium
- 3 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 4 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 5 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 6 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 7 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 8 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 9 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 10 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 11 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 12 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 13 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 14 4 days in france w 4 kids
- 15 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 16 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 17 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 18 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 19 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 20 Milos beach stay
- 21 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 22 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 23 Catching the train - best stop off from Tirano to St Moritz
- 24 SPAIN, FRANCE, ITALY, SWITZERLAND
- 25 Driving in Wales