I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to do in Dublin/ Waterford in 1 day
- 2 Would love input on France Itinerary: Paris, Avignon & Annecy with kids
- 3 Anyone ever been to Minsk, Belarus?
- 4 Rome, Italy Sistine Chapel
- 5 seeking advice for Turkey trip in November
- 6 renting a car in Spain and driving to Portugal
- 7 Ira, Ira, Ira, who is Ira?
- 8 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 9 Hotel at or near Brussels airport
- 10 England/Scotland in January?
- 11 London During Rugby International September 2015
- 12 Clown wants to do some street performing in Europe
- 13 Madrid Hotel - Help me choose between these 2!
- 14 9-10 days in portugal - may 2016
- 15 PASSPORT number changed
- 16 Auto Europe or Hertz?
- 17 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 18 Q re Capital One Venture Rewards Card
- 19 First Time in France--Paris and Burgundy
- 20 Scotland itinerary
- 21 Help planning 10 day trip near Brussels/Amsterdam
- 22 Northern Wales Itinerary Review
- 23 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 24 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 25 Ice for a cooler