I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 카지노 정보공유＆【RAM300.COM】＆ 챔피온카지노 주소
- 2 Seville to Cordoba
- 3 온라인카지노♨【RAM300.COM】♨ 파라다이스 카지노
- 4 카지노정보↗【RAM300.COM】↗ 세부 카지노
- 5 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 6 3 nights in Madrid
- 7 London Hotel - Different Request
- 8 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 9 Amalfi Coast
- 10 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 11 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 12 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 13 Itinery help Crete
- 14 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 15 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 16 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 17 Quite Possibly the Best Mobile Phone/SIM Deal
- 18 Help me make this possible!
- 19 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 20 IWM
- 21 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 22 alcazar question and seville advice
- 23 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 24 My Topic TitleT 10 card question
- 25 London in Winter Report