I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Tips on a trip to London, Edinburgh and Speyside
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Half Day tours with Alla Tour Company
- 2 Germany and Poland Itinerary - Would appreciate feedback
- 3 Bologna tips
- 4 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 5 Edinburgh - outings?
- 6 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 7 London and Where Else in late December?
- 8 Spain - Cadaques to Girona
- 9 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 10 plug adaptors for Switzerland
- 11 What to wear
- 12 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 13 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 14 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 15 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 16 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 17 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 18 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 19 Madrid and London
- 20 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 21 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 22 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 23 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 24 Bologna airport to train to Florence
- 25 Gargano Promontory