I'm still not completely sure when I will do this itinerary, but it's likely to be during good weather (IE not winter or late fall, thus it will not be cold and it should stay light until a respectable hour).
I am probably going to fly into Marseille and while there would like to see the Calanques from Cassis (I have another thread on that so I already have ideas there).
I'm thinking that I could do one day trip to Cassis, another day trip to Aix en Provence, and in addition to jet lag day (always shorter, and tired) spend a full day in Marseille. That would be four nights, then.
The day I depart for parts Barcelona I would like to visit Carcassone and Narbonne - a friend who has a home in the Languedoc said that was also worth a visit. If I did visit both of those, I'd likely stay one extra night in France so that I am not driving 5 hours to Barcelona on top of the above stops.
So, that above is 5 nights in France.
The remainder of the trip will probably be 5 nights in Barcelona. Is that enough time to both get a flavor of Barcelona as well as a few local day trips (there are four UNESCO sites in striking distance of Barcelona)?
I might be able to extend my time a few days, but assuming it really is 10 nights total, is that a good mix of days or would you spend less time in Marseille and add that day somewhere else? Would you leave Aix for another trip entirely - one with a longer stay?
Thanks for any thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 2 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 3 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 4 Edinburgh to Skye
- 5 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 6 4 days itinerary for France
- 7 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 8 Emergencies in Ireland
- 9 Paris Hotels Left Bank Thread
- 10 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 11 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 12 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 13 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 14 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 3 weeks in Spain
- 17 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 18 Rent a car in England
- 19 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 20 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 21 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 22 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 23 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 24 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 25 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please