I'm still not completely sure when I will do this itinerary, but it's likely to be during good weather (IE not winter or late fall, thus it will not be cold and it should stay light until a respectable hour).
I am probably going to fly into Marseille and while there would like to see the Calanques from Cassis (I have another thread on that so I already have ideas there).
I'm thinking that I could do one day trip to Cassis, another day trip to Aix en Provence, and in addition to jet lag day (always shorter, and tired) spend a full day in Marseille. That would be four nights, then.
The day I depart for parts Barcelona I would like to visit Carcassone and Narbonne - a friend who has a home in the Languedoc said that was also worth a visit. If I did visit both of those, I'd likely stay one extra night in France so that I am not driving 5 hours to Barcelona on top of the above stops.
So, that above is 5 nights in France.
The remainder of the trip will probably be 5 nights in Barcelona. Is that enough time to both get a flavor of Barcelona as well as a few local day trips (there are four UNESCO sites in striking distance of Barcelona)?
I might be able to extend my time a few days, but assuming it really is 10 nights total, is that a good mix of days or would you spend less time in Marseille and add that day somewhere else? Would you leave Aix for another trip entirely - one with a longer stay?
Thanks for any thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 2 Vacation
- 3 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 4 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 5 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 6 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 7 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 8 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 9 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 10 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 11 Villas to rent in Ibiza
- 12 First time in London
- 13 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 14 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 15 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 16 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 17 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 18 No Periods in British Written English!
- 19 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 20 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 21 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 22 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 23 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 24 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 25 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh