I'm still not completely sure when I will do this itinerary, but it's likely to be during good weather (IE not winter or late fall, thus it will not be cold and it should stay light until a respectable hour).
I am probably going to fly into Marseille and while there would like to see the Calanques from Cassis (I have another thread on that so I already have ideas there).
I'm thinking that I could do one day trip to Cassis, another day trip to Aix en Provence, and in addition to jet lag day (always shorter, and tired) spend a full day in Marseille. That would be four nights, then.
The day I depart for parts Barcelona I would like to visit Carcassone and Narbonne - a friend who has a home in the Languedoc said that was also worth a visit. If I did visit both of those, I'd likely stay one extra night in France so that I am not driving 5 hours to Barcelona on top of the above stops.
So, that above is 5 nights in France.
The remainder of the trip will probably be 5 nights in Barcelona. Is that enough time to both get a flavor of Barcelona as well as a few local day trips (there are four UNESCO sites in striking distance of Barcelona)?
I might be able to extend my time a few days, but assuming it really is 10 nights total, is that a good mix of days or would you spend less time in Marseille and add that day somewhere else? Would you leave Aix for another trip entirely - one with a longer stay?
Thanks for any thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 2 Cotswolds or Lake District Walking Tour
- 3 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 4 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 5 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 6 Madrid airport question
- 7 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 8 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 9 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 10 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 11 Aix Provence
- 12 Cordoba Overnight?
- 13 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 14 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 15 Portugal - 2 week honeymoon itinerary - Looking for feedback
- 16 What tips can you give about packing?
- 17 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 18 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 19 One night in Rome
- 20 Sintra
- 21 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 22 How the kids age calculated
- 23 Murren to Prague
- 24 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 25 4 Days In Northern Italy advice