I'm still not completely sure when I will do this itinerary, but it's likely to be during good weather (IE not winter or late fall, thus it will not be cold and it should stay light until a respectable hour).
I am probably going to fly into Marseille and while there would like to see the Calanques from Cassis (I have another thread on that so I already have ideas there).
I'm thinking that I could do one day trip to Cassis, another day trip to Aix en Provence, and in addition to jet lag day (always shorter, and tired) spend a full day in Marseille. That would be four nights, then.
The day I depart for parts Barcelona I would like to visit Carcassone and Narbonne - a friend who has a home in the Languedoc said that was also worth a visit. If I did visit both of those, I'd likely stay one extra night in France so that I am not driving 5 hours to Barcelona on top of the above stops.
So, that above is 5 nights in France.
The remainder of the trip will probably be 5 nights in Barcelona. Is that enough time to both get a flavor of Barcelona as well as a few local day trips (there are four UNESCO sites in striking distance of Barcelona)?
I might be able to extend my time a few days, but assuming it really is 10 nights total, is that a good mix of days or would you spend less time in Marseille and add that day somewhere else? Would you leave Aix for another trip entirely - one with a longer stay?
Thanks for any thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Student: SETUP HP /TOshiba TEC*H SUPPORT CONTACT 1:855:999:8045 PRINTER b*g
- 2 3 nights in Madrid
- 3 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 4 Help with Ireland Trip
- 5 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 6 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 7 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 8 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 9 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 10 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 11 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 12 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 13 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 14 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 15 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 16 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 17 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 18 Iceland trip report!
- 19 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 20 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 21 Bernese Oberland
- 22 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 23 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 24 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 25 Couscous