I was previously in the UK on a T5 YMV visa which expired Jan 2015. I decided to take 6-8 months off to do some travelling and soul searching as during this time I worked long hours and didn't have the chance to travel at all as I hardly left the office!! I left went back to New Zealand/Australia after this and spent 2 months there. I then spent the summer travelled around Europe, mainly staying in Spain (but within the 80/190 days rule).
I tried to come back into the UK on a tourist visa - I had proof of finance, address registered overseas all the proof as stated in the govt site etc, and as a New Zealand passport holder, does not require a visa (it is a non visa required country) as I am allowed to stay up to 6 months in the UK on a tourist visa - and I am within that!
But recently at the start of September was denied entry into the UK for the 2 weeks I requested at the border control and was sent back to Spain where I came from after being allowed into the UK for 1 day (even though this was not my country of resident - but after 8 hours interrogation in a windowless room till 4am in the morning with a bad microwave dinner I was too tired to argument with the officer).
They stated that as I previously had a T5 visa, I have done all the "tourist" things I needed to do while on this visa, but all I wanted to do was to visit friends and have a pint! I was living off savings, but they made me out as if I was getting my money from some other means, and the officer even went as far as quoting me the interest rate earn by bank deposits! I felt like I was a criminal! You have no money, they question you. You have money, they still question you!
Does a notification of temporary admission to a person who's liable to be detained mean a permanent black mark on my passport? When does this go away - no it won't help changing passport?
I am now working as a freelancer/contractor for my own business in Australia and currently am contracted to work with a company which has clients in the UK which they have asked me to go and conduct meetings with, which requires me to be in and out of the UK at short periods at a time and around Europe.
I am not sure what I need to do to gain entry into the UK as I was told that next time I will need entry clearance and may or may not need a Business/visitor visa. This was not clear when I asked at the border control.
Does anyone know what this stamp means? It says - Immigration officer (6345) under it is GATWICK (s) and a black cross over it.
I was told it was a Code 5 mark, but I can't find anything on the internet about it! I know a code 3 is for visitor.
Should I be applying for a business visa?
Or just getting a clearance from UK immigration?
Or can I rock up to the airport and show them all the poof as stated here?
https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-vis ... st-provide
Anyone had the same experience?
Advice would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 2 Avoid Europcar!
- 3 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 4 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 5 quickest way to Prague
- 6 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 7 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 8 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 9 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 11 16 days in France and Italy
- 12 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 13 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 14 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 15 Amsterdam
- 16 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 17 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 18 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 19 Train / Calabria
- 20 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 21 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 22 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 23 Paris for children
- 24 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 25 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
Temporary admission to a person who's liable to be detained