I was previously in the UK on a T5 YMV visa which expired Jan 2015. I decided to take 6-8 months off to do some travelling and soul searching as during this time I worked long hours and didn't have the chance to travel at all as I hardly left the office!! I left went back to New Zealand/Australia after this and spent 2 months there. I then spent the summer travelled around Europe, mainly staying in Spain (but within the 80/190 days rule).
I tried to come back into the UK on a tourist visa - I had proof of finance, address registered overseas all the proof as stated in the govt site etc, and as a New Zealand passport holder, does not require a visa (it is a non visa required country) as I am allowed to stay up to 6 months in the UK on a tourist visa - and I am within that!
But recently at the start of September was denied entry into the UK for the 2 weeks I requested at the border control and was sent back to Spain where I came from after being allowed into the UK for 1 day (even though this was not my country of resident - but after 8 hours interrogation in a windowless room till 4am in the morning with a bad microwave dinner I was too tired to argument with the officer).
They stated that as I previously had a T5 visa, I have done all the "tourist" things I needed to do while on this visa, but all I wanted to do was to visit friends and have a pint! I was living off savings, but they made me out as if I was getting my money from some other means, and the officer even went as far as quoting me the interest rate earn by bank deposits! I felt like I was a criminal! You have no money, they question you. You have money, they still question you!
Does a notification of temporary admission to a person who's liable to be detained mean a permanent black mark on my passport? When does this go away - no it won't help changing passport?
I am now working as a freelancer/contractor for my own business in Australia and currently am contracted to work with a company which has clients in the UK which they have asked me to go and conduct meetings with, which requires me to be in and out of the UK at short periods at a time and around Europe.
I am not sure what I need to do to gain entry into the UK as I was told that next time I will need entry clearance and may or may not need a Business/visitor visa. This was not clear when I asked at the border control.
Does anyone know what this stamp means? It says - Immigration officer (6345) under it is GATWICK (s) and a black cross over it.
I was told it was a Code 5 mark, but I can't find anything on the internet about it! I know a code 3 is for visitor.
Should I be applying for a business visa?
Or just getting a clearance from UK immigration?
Or can I rock up to the airport and show them all the poof as stated here?
https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-vis ... st-provide
Anyone had the same experience?
Advice would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 2 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 3 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 4 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 5 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 6 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 7 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 8 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 9 Passport proplems
- 10 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 11 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 12 Itinerary help...
- 13 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 14 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 15 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 16 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 17 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 18 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 19 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 20 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 21 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 22 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 23 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 24 A week in Paris
- 25 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
Temporary admission to a person who's liable to be detained