I am trying to plan a Europe trip which includes a few nights in Switzerland. I have a plan but wanted to see if this was feasible with the time we have as it's our first time to Europe and this is a very steep learning curve! Here is our plan:
Day1: We are leaving from Germany and are planning on taking a fast train from Freiburg------- Zermatt. Online it states the trip should be anywhere between 4.5-5hrs... Is this correct?
The remainder of the day will be spent in Zermatt, and we will attempt to head to the Matterhorn via cable car for the sunset.
Day 2: Zermatt
My hubby is a keen mountain biker, so the plan was for him to spend the day on a mountain bike tour here. We can book this in advance before we leave to save time trying to find somewhere. Does anyone have recommendations for a good tour company for this activity in Zermatt?
Day 3: Zermatt in the morning, then in the afternoon we are planning on taking the train to Lauterbrunnen. Again is this feasible as it says online the train journey is around 3hrs?
Day 4: Lauterbrunnen for the day. We had the following options for a day trip, can anyone recommend what is feasible and the best thing to see out of this list.. Or is it instead possible to see more than 1 x thing in the day. We are pretty active people so are happy to move quickly when needed!
-Boat cruise at Lake Thun
Day 5: Another train trip from Lauterbrunnen--------Lucern. Spend the rest of the day here
Day 6: Lucern & Lake Lucerne
Day 7: We will be leaving Switzerland hopefully via train to Como in Italy
I know this is very general, so am after any tips or feedback for the plan. The main thing we want to see is Zermatt, so we don't want to change this part of the plan.... But everything else is flexible!
Also important to note is that we will be arriving from southern Germany, and need to head to Como in Italy at the end of our trip, so if there is a better plan that I have not thought of, please tell me.
P.s- I'm not interested in going to Zurich. I have herd mixed reviews and myself and the hubby much prefer seeing the Alps and 1 x main city
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GMAIL@password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tech supp0rt cAre*
- 2 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 3 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 4 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 5 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 6 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 7 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 8 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 9 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 10 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 11 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 12 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 13 Hiking in Switzerland
- 14 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 15 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 16 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 17 CASH OR CARD?
- 18 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 19 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 20 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 21 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 22 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 23 2 days in Lugano area
- 24 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 25 Need help planning trip after Paris