I am trying to plan a Europe trip which includes a few nights in Switzerland. I have a plan but wanted to see if this was feasible with the time we have as it's our first time to Europe and this is a very steep learning curve! Here is our plan:
Day1: We are leaving from Germany and are planning on taking a fast train from Freiburg------- Zermatt. Online it states the trip should be anywhere between 4.5-5hrs... Is this correct?
The remainder of the day will be spent in Zermatt, and we will attempt to head to the Matterhorn via cable car for the sunset.
Day 2: Zermatt
My hubby is a keen mountain biker, so the plan was for him to spend the day on a mountain bike tour here. We can book this in advance before we leave to save time trying to find somewhere. Does anyone have recommendations for a good tour company for this activity in Zermatt?
Day 3: Zermatt in the morning, then in the afternoon we are planning on taking the train to Lauterbrunnen. Again is this feasible as it says online the train journey is around 3hrs?
Day 4: Lauterbrunnen for the day. We had the following options for a day trip, can anyone recommend what is feasible and the best thing to see out of this list.. Or is it instead possible to see more than 1 x thing in the day. We are pretty active people so are happy to move quickly when needed!
-Boat cruise at Lake Thun
Day 5: Another train trip from Lauterbrunnen--------Lucern. Spend the rest of the day here
Day 6: Lucern & Lake Lucerne
Day 7: We will be leaving Switzerland hopefully via train to Como in Italy
I know this is very general, so am after any tips or feedback for the plan. The main thing we want to see is Zermatt, so we don't want to change this part of the plan.... But everything else is flexible!
Also important to note is that we will be arriving from southern Germany, and need to head to Como in Italy at the end of our trip, so if there is a better plan that I have not thought of, please tell me.
P.s- I'm not interested in going to Zurich. I have herd mixed reviews and myself and the hubby much prefer seeing the Alps and 1 x main city
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 샌즈카지노■▥■『KIA700.CoM』■▤■생방송바카라バ생방송바카라
- 2 바카라연구소■▥■『KIA700.CoM』■▤■인터넷바카라주소た인터넷바카라주소
- 3 카지노쿠폰■▥■『KIA700.CoM』■▤■라이브카지노っ라이브카지노
- 4 카지노방법■▥■『KIA700.CoM』■▤■카지노추천ぞ카지노추천
- 5 Short Trip in July
- 6 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 7 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 8 Ludwig Castles
- 9 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 10 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 11 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 12 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 13 Connection time in Athens?
- 14 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 15 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 16 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 17 Escorted Tours
- 18 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 19 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 20 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 21 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 22 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 23 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 24 2 Months in Sicily
- 25 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?