We are visiting Switzerland (my parents 60+, wife and 3 year old)
in the second week of August.
We are staying at Lauterbrunnen for the whole trip.
We arrive Aug 5 12h16 GENEVA CORNAVIN and leave from Zurich Aug 8 21:00 hours.
We are more interested in natural beauty.
I have just chalked out a tentative itinerary and put it here for the expert
Day1: Geneva (fountain) -> Montreux -> Interlaken -> Lauterbrunnen (Golden Pass)
Day2: LauterBrunnen-> Interlaken -> Thun (+boat trip)
+ in around Lauterbrunnen
Day3: Lauterbrunnen-> Sclithorn or Zermat?
Day4: Lauterbrunnen-> Lucerne (+boat trip) -> Zurich
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and want to travel mostly
on the legs that are covered by it .The calculations show its not that worth
or am I missing some thing?
Any other suggested itinerary will be more than welcome.
Thanks and regards
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 2 I may be wrong....
- 3 Morgan Hotel London for solo female
- 4 Labor Day in Paris
- 5 Driver"s License & Language
- 6 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 7 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 8 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 9 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations
- 10 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 11 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 12 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 13 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 14 Train up the Jungfrau
- 15 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 16 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class
- 17 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 18 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 19 A visit to Greenwich
- 20 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 21 Spain or South of France in July 2017?
- 22 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 23 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 24 I Cuisine vs Cookin with Class
- 25 Italy Dolomites in early April