We are visiting Switzerland (my parents 60+, wife and 3 year old)
in the second week of August.
We are staying at Lauterbrunnen for the whole trip.
We arrive Aug 5 12h16 GENEVA CORNAVIN and leave from Zurich Aug 8 21:00 hours.
We are more interested in natural beauty.
I have just chalked out a tentative itinerary and put it here for the expert
Day1: Geneva (fountain) -> Montreux -> Interlaken -> Lauterbrunnen (Golden Pass)
Day2: LauterBrunnen-> Interlaken -> Thun (+boat trip)
+ in around Lauterbrunnen
Day3: Lauterbrunnen-> Sclithorn or Zermat?
Day4: Lauterbrunnen-> Lucerne (+boat trip) -> Zurich
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and want to travel mostly
on the legs that are covered by it .The calculations show its not that worth
or am I missing some thing?
Any other suggested itinerary will be more than welcome.
Thanks and regards
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pre-Bookings in London?
- 2 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 3 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 4 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 5 Venice
- 6 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 7 London 2For1 question
- 8 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 9 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 10 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 11 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 12 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 13 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 14 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 15 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 16 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 17 Porto and vicinity
- 18 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 19 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 20 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 21 Norway fjord
- 22 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 23 7 days in Greece
- 24 Italy
- 25 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy