We are visiting Switzerland (my parents 60+, wife and 3 year old)
in the second week of August.
We are staying at Lauterbrunnen for the whole trip.
We arrive Aug 5 12h16 GENEVA CORNAVIN and leave from Zurich Aug 8 21:00 hours.
We are more interested in natural beauty.
I have just chalked out a tentative itinerary and put it here for the expert
Day1: Geneva (fountain) -> Montreux -> Interlaken -> Lauterbrunnen (Golden Pass)
Day2: LauterBrunnen-> Interlaken -> Thun (+boat trip)
+ in around Lauterbrunnen
Day3: Lauterbrunnen-> Sclithorn or Zermat?
Day4: Lauterbrunnen-> Lucerne (+boat trip) -> Zurich
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and want to travel mostly
on the legs that are covered by it .The calculations show its not that worth
or am I missing some thing?
Any other suggested itinerary will be more than welcome.
Thanks and regards
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 2 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 3 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 4 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 5 Trip suggestion
- 6 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 7 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 10 Back from Paris
- 11 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 12 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 13 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 14 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 17 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 18 International Flight Question
- 19 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 20 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 21 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 22 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 23 Luggage Storage
- 24 LIsbon
- 25 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?