We are visiting Switzerland (my parents 60+, wife and 3 year old)
in the second week of August.
We are staying at Lauterbrunnen for the whole trip.
We arrive Aug 5 12h16 GENEVA CORNAVIN and leave from Zurich Aug 8 21:00 hours.
We are more interested in natural beauty.
I have just chalked out a tentative itinerary and put it here for the expert
Day1: Geneva (fountain) -> Montreux -> Interlaken -> Lauterbrunnen (Golden Pass)
Day2: LauterBrunnen-> Interlaken -> Thun (+boat trip)
+ in around Lauterbrunnen
Day3: Lauterbrunnen-> Sclithorn or Zermat?
Day4: Lauterbrunnen-> Lucerne (+boat trip) -> Zurich
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and want to travel mostly
on the legs that are covered by it .The calculations show its not that worth
or am I missing some thing?
Any other suggested itinerary will be more than welcome.
Thanks and regards
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 2 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 3 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 4 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 5 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 6 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 7 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 8 retruning to US with souveniers
- 9 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 10 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 11 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 12 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 13 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 14 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 15 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 16 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 17 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 18 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 19 Help on ancient history route
- 20 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 21 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 22 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 23 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 24 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!