Due to work and flight schedules, the last day of our trip will be a Sunday in Madrid.
I hoped to do some shopping / window shopping (little food gifts, shoes, leather gloves, little house accessories & trinkets, etc) and souvenirs but I know that many shops are closed on Sundays. I was wondering what (if any) shops you could mention (or areas) to challenge on a Sunday? We’ll be staying very close to the Corte Ingles department near Plaza de Santa Ana. I know that we’ll do some (window) shopping there and at the Mercado de San Miguel near by. Are there any other stores which are worth a visit and are open in the city centre and Gran Via area?
El Corte Inglés Preciados
Mercado de San Miguel
Convento de Corpus Cristi (for cookies)
El Rastro (not really into flea markets though)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 3 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 4 Tracking the Weather
- 5 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 6 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 7 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 10 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 11 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 12 Les Invalides Night Show
- 13 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 14 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 15 Which Day?
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 17 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 18 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 19 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 20 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 21 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 22 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 23 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 24 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 25 First trip to Greece (last minute!)