Due to work and flight schedules, the last day of our trip will be a Sunday in Madrid.
I hoped to do some shopping / window shopping (little food gifts, shoes, leather gloves, little house accessories & trinkets, etc) and souvenirs but I know that many shops are closed on Sundays. I was wondering what (if any) shops you could mention (or areas) to challenge on a Sunday? We’ll be staying very close to the Corte Ingles department near Plaza de Santa Ana. I know that we’ll do some (window) shopping there and at the Mercado de San Miguel near by. Are there any other stores which are worth a visit and are open in the city centre and Gran Via area?
El Corte Inglés Preciados
Mercado de San Miguel
Convento de Corpus Cristi (for cookies)
El Rastro (not really into flea markets though)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 2 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 3 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 4 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 5 IRELAND Magical Time-lapse Mediation of County Kerry Ireland
- 6 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 7 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 8 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 9 Another tipping question: concierges
- 10 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 11 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 12 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 13 Spain in July
- 14 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 15 Acropolis Athens
- 16 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 17 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 18 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 19 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 20 We're here!
- 21 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 22 Trip Ideas
- 23 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 24 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 25 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017