Due to work and flight schedules, the last day of our trip will be a Sunday in Madrid.
I hoped to do some shopping / window shopping (little food gifts, shoes, leather gloves, little house accessories & trinkets, etc) and souvenirs but I know that many shops are closed on Sundays. I was wondering what (if any) shops you could mention (or areas) to challenge on a Sunday? We’ll be staying very close to the Corte Ingles department near Plaza de Santa Ana. I know that we’ll do some (window) shopping there and at the Mercado de San Miguel near by. Are there any other stores which are worth a visit and are open in the city centre and Gran Via area?
El Corte Inglés Preciados
Mercado de San Miguel
Convento de Corpus Cristi (for cookies)
El Rastro (not really into flea markets though)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 2 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 3 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 4 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 5 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 6 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 7 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 8 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 9 Help me make this possible!
- 10 Where to pick up rental car in Venice
- 11 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 12 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 13 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 14 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 15 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 16 First visit to London
- 17 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 18 London is it worth it?
- 19 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 20 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 21 Paris and Normandy
- 22 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 23 Florence or Genoa airport - Flying from Barcelona to get to Cinque Terre?
- 24 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 25 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris