We are planning our honeymoon for 9 days in Spain in mid-September. We are in our late 20s. I have been skimming my guidebook and searching countless websites, and I am just having a lot of trouble deciding on only a few places! Originally, the idea was to start at a beach resort for 2-3 days, then head to Barcelona. Now we have a few extra days on the end of our trip. so I wanted to add a 3rd destination. And we might want the "resort" one to involve a little more afterall!. We tried to do 3 cities in Italy last year with only a 7 day trip, and it was a little too rushed. Plus, we want our honeymoon to be a more relaxed trip.
My top picks so far are: Barcelona, Madrid, San Sebastian/Bilbao, Valencia, Sevilla, or Alicante. We love hip cities, food, wine, beer, outdoors, architecture, hiking, swimming, and amazing views. We are not so much into the museum or cathedral scene, though we will probably choose a few major ones to see over the course of the trip. We will be traveling primarily by rail. I was also starting to look into some coves or Algar Waterfalls as a possibility, instead of a traditional beach, during the first 2 relaxation days.
Please let me know what you think would be the most appropriate for us to see/do. I'm so excited! Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 2 DVD burning software
- 3 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 4 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 5 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 6 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 7 Train travel
- 8 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 9 WWI Battlefields
- 10 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 11 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 12 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 13 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 14 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 15 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 16 Iceland 3 day layover
- 17 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 18 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 19 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 20 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 21 Milos beach stay
- 22 Paris to Bordeaux
- 23 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 24 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 25 Provence to Paris via Burgundy