We are planning our honeymoon for 9 days in Spain in mid-September. We are in our late 20s. I have been skimming my guidebook and searching countless websites, and I am just having a lot of trouble deciding on only a few places! Originally, the idea was to start at a beach resort for 2-3 days, then head to Barcelona. Now we have a few extra days on the end of our trip. so I wanted to add a 3rd destination. And we might want the "resort" one to involve a little more afterall!. We tried to do 3 cities in Italy last year with only a 7 day trip, and it was a little too rushed. Plus, we want our honeymoon to be a more relaxed trip.
My top picks so far are: Barcelona, Madrid, San Sebastian/Bilbao, Valencia, Sevilla, or Alicante. We love hip cities, food, wine, beer, outdoors, architecture, hiking, swimming, and amazing views. We are not so much into the museum or cathedral scene, though we will probably choose a few major ones to see over the course of the trip. We will be traveling primarily by rail. I was also starting to look into some coves or Algar Waterfalls as a possibility, instead of a traditional beach, during the first 2 relaxation days.
Please let me know what you think would be the most appropriate for us to see/do. I'm so excited! Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 2 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 3 London vacation rental agency
- 4 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 5 Borghese Gallery Question
- 6 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 7 Sim Card
- 8 Transport for local Venice travel
- 9 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 10 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 11 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 12 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 13 Sicily help
- 14 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 15 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 16 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 17 Towns around Lucca
- 18 Cork questions
- 19 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 20 Italy Vacation
- 21 Stu Tower
- 22 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 23 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 24 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 25 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa