We are planning our honeymoon for 9 days in Spain in mid-September. We are in our late 20s. I have been skimming my guidebook and searching countless websites, and I am just having a lot of trouble deciding on only a few places! Originally, the idea was to start at a beach resort for 2-3 days, then head to Barcelona. Now we have a few extra days on the end of our trip. so I wanted to add a 3rd destination. And we might want the "resort" one to involve a little more afterall!. We tried to do 3 cities in Italy last year with only a 7 day trip, and it was a little too rushed. Plus, we want our honeymoon to be a more relaxed trip.
My top picks so far are: Barcelona, Madrid, San Sebastian/Bilbao, Valencia, Sevilla, or Alicante. We love hip cities, food, wine, beer, outdoors, architecture, hiking, swimming, and amazing views. We are not so much into the museum or cathedral scene, though we will probably choose a few major ones to see over the course of the trip. We will be traveling primarily by rail. I was also starting to look into some coves or Algar Waterfalls as a possibility, instead of a traditional beach, during the first 2 relaxation days.
Please let me know what you think would be the most appropriate for us to see/do. I'm so excited! Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International Flight Question
- 2 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Another tipping question: concierges
- 5 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 6 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 7 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 8 Back from Paris
- 9 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 10 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 11 Luggage Storage
- 12 LIsbon
- 13 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 14 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 15 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 16 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 17 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 18 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 20 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 21 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 22 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 23 Trip suggestion
- 24 Spain in July
- 25 Summer Travel order