Need some help here...please!
OH daughter and I have four whole precious days together in France...February next year
we would like to see something of regional France and have chosen this north-western region to explore
OH has booked us a car and we are looking at booking an airport hotel for our first night ( coming in from our Ireland leg of the trip) thats a Sunday and we will be arriving late at night
we looked at the map and have decided on:
Bayeaux -esp to see the Bayeaux tapestry
Mont St Michel
We would love to have a base rather than keep travelling each day but that doesnt seem to make sense if we are going to be doubling back along the same roads
Would it be more sensible to do a loop...say down as far as Tours...or is that just too ambitious?
we have: full day Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (but we do have to be in Paris Thursday evening because OH is flying out early Friday) Daughter and I will stay in Paris for another 9 days doing the usual touristy things that OH has done before
So given that the days are short in winter what can we realistically expect of this trip?
Can anyone suggest a base from which we can spring each morning? Or suggest places we can bed down each night...we will need triples ...dont know if thatll be a problem..
Should we book now or take our chances? Are places closed in winter...? Do B and Bs function?
Anys ideas would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 If you had to choose one......
- 2 Multi-generational 2 wk spain itinerary?
- 3 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 4 First trip to Italy
- 5 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 6 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 7 Granada to Madrid
- 8 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 9 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 10 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 11 House Hunting in France
- 12 9 days and nights in Switzerland
- 13 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 14 Driving in Italy?
- 15 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 16 BARDENAS REALES, Unesco site and national park in Navarra
- 17 Croatia trip Planning
- 18 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 19 So much to do, so little time!
- 20 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 21 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 22 English Countryside
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 25 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days