Need some help here...please!
OH daughter and I have four whole precious days together in France...February next year
we would like to see something of regional France and have chosen this north-western region to explore
OH has booked us a car and we are looking at booking an airport hotel for our first night ( coming in from our Ireland leg of the trip) thats a Sunday and we will be arriving late at night
we looked at the map and have decided on:
Bayeaux -esp to see the Bayeaux tapestry
Mont St Michel
We would love to have a base rather than keep travelling each day but that doesnt seem to make sense if we are going to be doubling back along the same roads
Would it be more sensible to do a loop...say down as far as Tours...or is that just too ambitious?
we have: full day Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (but we do have to be in Paris Thursday evening because OH is flying out early Friday) Daughter and I will stay in Paris for another 9 days doing the usual touristy things that OH has done before
So given that the days are short in winter what can we realistically expect of this trip?
Can anyone suggest a base from which we can spring each morning? Or suggest places we can bed down each night...we will need triples ...dont know if thatll be a problem..
Should we book now or take our chances? Are places closed in winter...? Do B and Bs function?
Anys ideas would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Hotels
- 2 Paris hotels
- 3 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Denmark or Sweden?
- 6 We're here!
- 7 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 8 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 9 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 10 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 11 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 12 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 13 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 14 Europe itinerary questions
- 15 Amsterdam hotels
- 16 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 17 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 18 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 19 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 22 Brugge hotel help
- 23 Five night Ireland Trip
- 24 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 25 10 days in Paris and......
suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days