Need some help here...please!
OH daughter and I have four whole precious days together in France...February next year
we would like to see something of regional France and have chosen this north-western region to explore
OH has booked us a car and we are looking at booking an airport hotel for our first night ( coming in from our Ireland leg of the trip) thats a Sunday and we will be arriving late at night
we looked at the map and have decided on:
Bayeaux -esp to see the Bayeaux tapestry
Mont St Michel
We would love to have a base rather than keep travelling each day but that doesnt seem to make sense if we are going to be doubling back along the same roads
Would it be more sensible to do a loop...say down as far as Tours...or is that just too ambitious?
we have: full day Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (but we do have to be in Paris Thursday evening because OH is flying out early Friday) Daughter and I will stay in Paris for another 9 days doing the usual touristy things that OH has done before
So given that the days are short in winter what can we realistically expect of this trip?
Can anyone suggest a base from which we can spring each morning? Or suggest places we can bed down each night...we will need triples ...dont know if thatll be a problem..
Should we book now or take our chances? Are places closed in winter...? Do B and Bs function?
Anys ideas would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO PASSWORD RECOVERY CONTACT 1-800-982-8520 TECHNICAL CAre
- 2 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 3 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 4 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 5 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 6 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 7 Hiking in Switzerland
- 8 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 9 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 10 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 11 Notes on our Edinburgh trip (end of May 2017)
- 12 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 13 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 14 Edinbrugh
- 15 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 16 Maximizing Norway time
- 17 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 18 TravelCard vs Oyster
- 19 Best layover option
- 20 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 21 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 22 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 23 Berlin
- 24 Ideas for drive from Munich to Ramstein/Kaiserslautern to Garmisch
- 25 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days