Need some help here...please!
OH daughter and I have four whole precious days together in France...February next year
we would like to see something of regional France and have chosen this north-western region to explore
OH has booked us a car and we are looking at booking an airport hotel for our first night ( coming in from our Ireland leg of the trip) thats a Sunday and we will be arriving late at night
we looked at the map and have decided on:
Bayeaux -esp to see the Bayeaux tapestry
Mont St Michel
We would love to have a base rather than keep travelling each day but that doesnt seem to make sense if we are going to be doubling back along the same roads
Would it be more sensible to do a loop...say down as far as Tours...or is that just too ambitious?
we have: full day Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (but we do have to be in Paris Thursday evening because OH is flying out early Friday) Daughter and I will stay in Paris for another 9 days doing the usual touristy things that OH has done before
So given that the days are short in winter what can we realistically expect of this trip?
Can anyone suggest a base from which we can spring each morning? Or suggest places we can bed down each night...we will need triples ...dont know if thatll be a problem..
Should we book now or take our chances? Are places closed in winter...? Do B and Bs function?
Anys ideas would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVE Train ticket purchase in Spain
- 2 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 3 Sentimental Journey
- 4 New Dublin Museum
- 5 Cost of Van from CDG
- 6 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 7 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 8 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 9 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 10 Bus to Cadaques ?
- 11 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 12 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 13 5 hours in Genoa or next to Genoa?
- 14 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 15 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 16 Day tour in Kilkenny
- 17 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 18 Trip to London with side trip to Wales/daytrip?
- 19 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 20 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 21 German Train travel
- 22 Barcelona on budget
- 23 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 24 Cheese Tours in Italy
- 25 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days