We are planning our honeymoon for the beginning of October 2014. This will be the first time visiting Italy for both of us. The idea that I have is to fly into Bologna from Atlanta and go south from there. So….Bologna, Florence, Rome and the Amalfi Coast. I'm not sure if we should start from South to North or North to South or if it even matters. We will probably just take the train from city to city but I feel like once we get to Naples, we have to take a bus to get to the Amalfi Coast. Is this right?
Are there things that we shouldn't miss? We are in our mid 30's. He is very into the history of things and I could just sit and talk food all day.
I spent 6 hours researching yesterday and my plans keep changing as I read other posts. Please help me out!
Suggested itinerary for two weeks in Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 2 driving in france with kids
- 3 Is my plan ok
- 4 Short notice for input needed for Munich, Vienna, Prague and Berlin
- 5 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 6 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 7 Portugal Trip
- 8 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???
- 9 Southern Spain
- 10 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 11 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 12 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 13 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 14 Spain traffic tickets
- 15 Reputable Tours
- 16 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 17 Easter Itinerary Advice, Rome, Parma, Venice, Stresa, Grindelwald
- 18 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 19 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 20 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 21 Best Location to Stay in Barcelona
- 22 Sweet Home Triana: Spring Break in Seville's left bank
- 23 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 24 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 25 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June