We are planning our honeymoon for the beginning of October 2014. This will be the first time visiting Italy for both of us. The idea that I have is to fly into Bologna from Atlanta and go south from there. So….Bologna, Florence, Rome and the Amalfi Coast. I'm not sure if we should start from South to North or North to South or if it even matters. We will probably just take the train from city to city but I feel like once we get to Naples, we have to take a bus to get to the Amalfi Coast. Is this right?
Are there things that we shouldn't miss? We are in our mid 30's. He is very into the history of things and I could just sit and talk food all day.
I spent 6 hours researching yesterday and my plans keep changing as I read other posts. Please help me out!
Suggested itinerary for two weeks in Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train to Airport in Venice
- 2 Chip but no PIN
- 3 What still confounds you about travel?
- 4 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 5 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 6 Foie gras, redux
- 7 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 8 Dublin Tour Companies
- 9 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 10 Day trips from Seville
- 11 Oktoberfest reservations
- 12 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 13 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 14 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 15 Switzerland and Piedmont, Italy itinerary suggestions
- 16 Completely off the beaten track on the Petite Ceinture
- 17 Southern France
- 18 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 21 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 22 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 23 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 24 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 25 Golfing in Ireland