We are planning our honeymoon for the beginning of October 2014. This will be the first time visiting Italy for both of us. The idea that I have is to fly into Bologna from Atlanta and go south from there. So….Bologna, Florence, Rome and the Amalfi Coast. I'm not sure if we should start from South to North or North to South or if it even matters. We will probably just take the train from city to city but I feel like once we get to Naples, we have to take a bus to get to the Amalfi Coast. Is this right?
Are there things that we shouldn't miss? We are in our mid 30's. He is very into the history of things and I could just sit and talk food all day.
I spent 6 hours researching yesterday and my plans keep changing as I read other posts. Please help me out!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Salzburg itinerary review
- 2 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 3 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 4 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 5 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 6 Globus Iberian Tour
- 7 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 8 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 9 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 10 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 11 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 12 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 13 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 14 UK in May and June
- 15 Spain: train/rental car help
- 16 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 17 good restaurants in Budapest
- 18 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 19 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 20 Wales
- 21 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 22 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 23 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 24 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 25 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!