We are planning our honeymoon for the beginning of October 2014. This will be the first time visiting Italy for both of us. The idea that I have is to fly into Bologna from Atlanta and go south from there. So….Bologna, Florence, Rome and the Amalfi Coast. I'm not sure if we should start from South to North or North to South or if it even matters. We will probably just take the train from city to city but I feel like once we get to Naples, we have to take a bus to get to the Amalfi Coast. Is this right?
Are there things that we shouldn't miss? We are in our mid 30's. He is very into the history of things and I could just sit and talk food all day.
I spent 6 hours researching yesterday and my plans keep changing as I read other posts. Please help me out!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 2 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 3 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 4 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 5 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 8 Can parking
- 9 italy Cinque Terre
- 10 San Sebastián
- 11 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 12 Zurich to Milan trip
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 15 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 16 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 17 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 18 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 19 Driving through Paris
- 20 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 21 Advice for first time trip to Greece
- 22 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 23 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 24 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 25 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome