We are planning our honeymoon for the beginning of October 2014. This will be the first time visiting Italy for both of us. The idea that I have is to fly into Bologna from Atlanta and go south from there. So….Bologna, Florence, Rome and the Amalfi Coast. I'm not sure if we should start from South to North or North to South or if it even matters. We will probably just take the train from city to city but I feel like once we get to Naples, we have to take a bus to get to the Amalfi Coast. Is this right?
Are there things that we shouldn't miss? We are in our mid 30's. He is very into the history of things and I could just sit and talk food all day.
I spent 6 hours researching yesterday and my plans keep changing as I read other posts. Please help me out!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 So much to do, so little time!
- 2 Tour of Northern Italy
- 3 Scotland Trip
- 4 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 5 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 6 Germany in December Trip Report
- 7 Planning a European Trip
- 8 Lisbon trip report
- 9 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 10 Naples, Italy
- 11 San Sebastian
- 12 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 13 Driving in Italy?
- 14 American Tourister luggage- good or bad?
- 15 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 16 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 17 French restaurants
- 18 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 19 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 20 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 21 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 22 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 23 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 24 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 25 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????