We are planning our honeymoon for the beginning of October 2014. This will be the first time visiting Italy for both of us. The idea that I have is to fly into Bologna from Atlanta and go south from there. So….Bologna, Florence, Rome and the Amalfi Coast. I'm not sure if we should start from South to North or North to South or if it even matters. We will probably just take the train from city to city but I feel like once we get to Naples, we have to take a bus to get to the Amalfi Coast. Is this right?
Are there things that we shouldn't miss? We are in our mid 30's. He is very into the history of things and I could just sit and talk food all day.
I spent 6 hours researching yesterday and my plans keep changing as I read other posts. Please help me out!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 2 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 3 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 4 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 5 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 6 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 7 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 8 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 9 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 10 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 11 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 12 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 13 Chania
- 14 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 15 Car rental in Santorini port
- 16 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 17 Renting a car in Greece
- 18 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 19 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 20 renting a car in greece
- 21 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 22 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 23 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 24 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 25 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre