We are planning our honeymoon for the beginning of October 2014. This will be the first time visiting Italy for both of us. The idea that I have is to fly into Bologna from Atlanta and go south from there. So….Bologna, Florence, Rome and the Amalfi Coast. I'm not sure if we should start from South to North or North to South or if it even matters. We will probably just take the train from city to city but I feel like once we get to Naples, we have to take a bus to get to the Amalfi Coast. Is this right?
Are there things that we shouldn't miss? We are in our mid 30's. He is very into the history of things and I could just sit and talk food all day.
I spent 6 hours researching yesterday and my plans keep changing as I read other posts. Please help me out!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 2 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 3 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 4 Prague itinerary advice
- 5 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 6 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 7 Santorini lodging
- 8 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 9 Ireland
- 10 Killarney
- 11 Italian car factory tours
- 12 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 13 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 14 No Periods in British Written English!
- 15 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 16 Self drive tour companies
- 17 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 18 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 19 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 20 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 21 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 22 10 day Italy
- 23 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 24 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 25 Amalfi or Tuscany?