We are planning our honeymoon for the beginning of October 2014. This will be the first time visiting Italy for both of us. The idea that I have is to fly into Bologna from Atlanta and go south from there. So….Bologna, Florence, Rome and the Amalfi Coast. I'm not sure if we should start from South to North or North to South or if it even matters. We will probably just take the train from city to city but I feel like once we get to Naples, we have to take a bus to get to the Amalfi Coast. Is this right?
Are there things that we shouldn't miss? We are in our mid 30's. He is very into the history of things and I could just sit and talk food all day.
I spent 6 hours researching yesterday and my plans keep changing as I read other posts. Please help me out!
Suggested itinerary for two weeks in Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 2 Alterations to night trains routes
- 3 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 4 Trip Report, part 1
- 5 Gift for French business associate
- 6 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine
- 7 Scottish Passport
- 8 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 9 shortened trip to Italy
- 10 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 11 from Munchen train to Romerberg
- 12 Air France strike
- 13 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 14 Italy tours
- 15 Exchanging Large Euro Notes(Currency) in Ireland
- 16 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 17 Amsterdam
- 18 Early October 2014 Trip to Mosel Valley and Rhineland
- 19 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 20 Sunny September Trip Report
- 21 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 22 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 23 Travel insurance, interruption or cancelation?
- 24 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 25 London GTG late September?