We are planning our honeymoon for the beginning of October 2014. This will be the first time visiting Italy for both of us. The idea that I have is to fly into Bologna from Atlanta and go south from there. So….Bologna, Florence, Rome and the Amalfi Coast. I'm not sure if we should start from South to North or North to South or if it even matters. We will probably just take the train from city to city but I feel like once we get to Naples, we have to take a bus to get to the Amalfi Coast. Is this right?
Are there things that we shouldn't miss? We are in our mid 30's. He is very into the history of things and I could just sit and talk food all day.
I spent 6 hours researching yesterday and my plans keep changing as I read other posts. Please help me out!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 2 France to stop making foie grois
- 3 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 4 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 5 Madrid city centre?
- 6 http://supplementskings.com/forever-bust/
- 7 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 8 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 9 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 10 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 11 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 12 Rail Travel: Eurail Pass or Train Tickets
- 13 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 14 Stonehenge and Bath
- 15 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 16 train from ravenna to parma
- 17 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 18 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 19 Puglia
- 20 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 21 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 22 Ireland driving itinerary
- 23 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 24 Manchester on derby weekend
- 25 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4