We are planning our honeymoon for the beginning of October 2014. This will be the first time visiting Italy for both of us. The idea that I have is to fly into Bologna from Atlanta and go south from there. So….Bologna, Florence, Rome and the Amalfi Coast. I'm not sure if we should start from South to North or North to South or if it even matters. We will probably just take the train from city to city but I feel like once we get to Naples, we have to take a bus to get to the Amalfi Coast. Is this right?
Are there things that we shouldn't miss? We are in our mid 30's. He is very into the history of things and I could just sit and talk food all day.
I spent 6 hours researching yesterday and my plans keep changing as I read other posts. Please help me out!
Suggested itinerary for two weeks in Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 2 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 3 A taste of Italy in 11 nights
- 4 In the event you believe the nonsense next applying
- 5 Suggestions for couple of days in spain plus best route to get to Morrocco
- 6 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 7 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 8 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 9 Activ holiday in Andalusia
- 10 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 11 What is the best way to get to Frankfurt from Pozieres
- 12 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 13 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 14 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 15 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 16 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 17 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 18 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 19 Venice-Milan Airport Woes
- 20 Quick Trip Report - MALTA/FRANKFURT
- 21 Paris and where else?
- 22 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?
- 23 Real Mary King's Close Tour in Edinburgh
- 24 Raining in rome
- 25 Autumn in Paris