We are planning our honeymoon for the beginning of October 2014. This will be the first time visiting Italy for both of us. The idea that I have is to fly into Bologna from Atlanta and go south from there. So….Bologna, Florence, Rome and the Amalfi Coast. I'm not sure if we should start from South to North or North to South or if it even matters. We will probably just take the train from city to city but I feel like once we get to Naples, we have to take a bus to get to the Amalfi Coast. Is this right?
Are there things that we shouldn't miss? We are in our mid 30's. He is very into the history of things and I could just sit and talk food all day.
I spent 6 hours researching yesterday and my plans keep changing as I read other posts. Please help me out!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 2 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 3 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 4 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 5 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 6 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 7 Piedmont as a destination
- 8 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 9 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 10 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 11 Need Information about French Alps
- 12 dinner jackets
- 13 France Itinerary Advice
- 14 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 15 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 16 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 17 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 18 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 19 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 20 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 21 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 22 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 23 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 24 2 weeks Europe trip
- 25 Krakow and Prague-one week